Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Request for a Tornado SEA skin...

Making a new template off an existing skin isn't all that hard...it's just time consuming.

Using multi-layers, you just add new panel and rivet lines, basic coloring, weathering and all the other various and sundry bits.

How do you think I've done so many of the skins I've doing (albeit more WW2-ish), when a lot of these birds DON'T have templates available??? For that Oscar skin I just released, I had to make a new one, as I somehow lost my original...took me about 4-6 hours.

Wrench

kevin stein

Making a new template off an existing skin isn't all that hard...it's just time consuming.

Using multi-layers, you just add new panel and rivet lines, basic coloring, weathering and all the other various and sundry bits.

How do you think I've done so many of the skins I've doing (albeit more WW2-ish), when a lot of these birds DON'T have templates available??? For that Oscar skin I just released, I had to make a new one, as I somehow lost my original...took me about 4-6 hours.

Wrench

kevin stein

Agree there - especially if you like detail - you can can spend too long getting those panel lines right that no one will notice :)

So many skins...so little time lol.

Both versions of the "SEA" camo scheme are uploaded now.

To be honest, I think you're all mad for wanting one. Looks far too freaky for my taste. :dntknw:

For the rivet counters...the colours used might not be as specified in the USAF SEA specs.

Just put it down to a typo in the MOD office !

Budget cuts, too you know.

They said "well you'll just have to bloody well make do with what you've got old girl" :biggrin:

So there you have it.

So many skins...so little time lol.

Both versions of the "SEA" camo scheme are uploaded now.

To be honest, I think you're all mad for wanting one. Looks far too freaky for my taste. :dntknw:

For the rivet counters...the colours used might not be as specified in the USAF SEA specs.

Just put it down to a typo in the MOD office !

Budget cuts, too you know.

They said "well you'll just have to bloody well make do with what you've got old girl" :biggrin:

So there you have it.

Sweet SEA camo girl, its rockin now that would be a Tornado worth flying in 'NAM.

Could be a "what if we really bought those freaking Tornados?" or something. Wait, that fits an F.3 more.

Hey! don't call me a rivet counter, I was just making a suggestion that might make it look less freaky to you. I love non-historical skins, I've been honing my own skinning to the point where I'm gonna start uploading some of them soon.

Something else...WIP, still playing with decals etc.

gallery_28053_127_293682.jpg