Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

This is making me crazy.

Are you talking about the odd flashing facets?

FastCargo

Yeah, I'm deeply concerned about the flashing facets

What weird visual effects? I don't see nuthin'. Maybe it's just a mirage dude... :rolleyes:

Here's a video of something that's been driving me crazy for the past few weeks. I've recruited another modder to help me with this....run the video in full screen mode.

hey Fubar.....

...wat's your system spcecs? :dntknw:

Rather, what graphics card?

LOL...there's nothing wrong with the system

LOL...there's nothing wrong with the system

i know! its just that your graphics are lookin sick homey :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

There's nothing wrong with the graphics. It's an effect that not rendering against solids, only against bitmaps and alpha-objects.

There's nothing wrong with the graphics. It's an effect that not rendering against solids, only against bitmaps and alpha-objects.

naw naw naw i dont mean sick as in something bad... :no:

i mean sick as in CRAZY NICE lol :ok::biggrin:

I will get this effect, too, from time to time, for WOE, and other games. I find it is caused by jumping out of one game, and eventually starting another, with no booting or not having refreshed system resources. Windows of any version, never did have very efficient memory management. For example, One day, I had just finished playing a bout at Battlefield 2142, then after a few minutes I'd play some Battlefield 2. The graphics would not even initiate, when came time for gameplay. Just a hunch, try rebooting, and play the sim, while your system is still fresh.

Fubar. I know what this problem is 'cause I have it. It has nothing to do with WOx. You have other programs in windows running and what happens is that sometimes they have an automatic pop-up that will get in the way (very briefly and randomly) when running WOx. You have to Alt-Tab to go to those programs and close them out. They are a pain in the @$$! If it's not that, then I don't know man.

that's hot!

it seems Fubar are getting fun with Shaders

Edited by Silverbolt

Looks much better!

Here's what I have so far, and I'm at the point at which I'm putting this down for a while. Pay attention to the Kfir's exhaust nozzles: Video

Heat Haze shaders generally make three passes.

In the first pass, a series of colored particles are rendered as a stream. On the second pass, a type of particle known as a "quad" is rendered. Quads are like prisms, in that they reflect and refract light, or in this case, the particles from the first pass. This causes the particles to appear as if they are traveling in three different directions, at once (X,Y,Z), and at a high rate of speed. The quads also impart a blurring of the particles, as part of the same process.

On the third and final pass, the textures are rendered over the scene twice. The first time, as a "particle pass", the second time in what's known as a post-rendering pass. That requires that the scene be drawn twice. That's an issue, as the effect is ideally occurring only in a localized area of the scene. Most of the available material on the subject shows you how to make a generalized effect, on a fixed scene. I need to get the effect to post-render just in the area of the exhaust nozzle(s). First as a blur, then again, with the distorted (displaced) parts of the scene super-imposed upon the first, giving it a realistic rippling effect.

The last pass isn't working for me.

At this point, what I've effectively created, is a super-resource hungry particle shader. A real frame-rate killer. Not what I had originally intended...

Can you affect the size of those particals?! a more longer one and fewer of them could work, cause you reduce the number of this. give them a direction and it could work, don`t know how the blur effect is exactly done in Lomac

It`s hard to see this effect on the video

Can you affect the size of those particals?! a more longer one and fewer of them could work, cause you reduce the number of this. give them a direction and it could work, don`t know how the blur effect is exactly done in Lomac

It`s hard to see this effect on the video

in mirage film when he turns to back of aircraft and goes to wing, you can see the heat Distortion effect(precisely in the elevators)