Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

Russian red star on lend-lease planes

Hi, all. I have a question. how would I go about putting the Russian red star emblem onto existin ww2 lend-lease planes suchas the hurricane, spitfire, p-51 and p-47 and others. I dont want a new skin but just to have the star added instead of USAF or British emblems. thx.

If the emblems are not part of the skin - then look in the skins decals.ini file.

If the entries for where the emblems go says "Insignia" - then you can change the nation of the skin in texture.ini

eg

[Decal001]

MeshName=fuselage_P

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=Insignia <--------------------------

Position=-1.203,-0.124

Rotation=0.0

Scale=0.85

DecalMaxLOD=3

You WILL wind up reskinning a LOT of them....simple because most of the insigina's got painted on. Expecially for the Spits and Hurris. This is most true for the DAT planes. However, there are some with decals (probably done by me); you'll just have to find them

As for Wolf's birds, most of them already have decal positons plotted, you'll just have to find the skins to read the decals inis.

btw, there's a P-40E-N template at simmerspaintshop, that is identically mapped for the DAT P-40E. I should know - it's the one I used!

Like MigBuster said, you can use 'insigina', as long as the data and texture set inis are Nation Specific. Or just put the decal in the skin folder.

Wrench

kevin stein

While setting up my Ostfront install I noticed that some of Pasko's Russian planes were set as Soviet, so they were turning up flying with the Nazis! When I changed them to WW2 Soviet the red stars disappeared. All I had to do was go into the decals.ini in the skin folders and change the Insignia to Insignia005 and that sorted it.

Hi, thx for advice. i too have an Ostfront install and since we do not have a lot of indigenous russian planes or variants of what has been released. i was hoping to change the emblem or insignia to the russian sta for the lend-lease planes.