This is an instant translation.

It is possible that the HMS Yarmouth and HMS Glamorgan using SeaCat missiles?

Besides, if the Glamorgan can shoot MM-38 Exocet?

How to edit DATA.INI to operate such weapons?

Thousand Thanks

This is an instant translation.

It is possible that the HMS Yarmouth and HMS Glamorgan using SeaCat missiles?

Besides, if the Glamorgan can shoot MM-38 Exocet?

How to edit DATA.INI to operate such weapons?

Thousand Thanks

Having built Yarmouth and Glamorgan............ right now, no. Given the limitations of the TW series, only one missile system can work per ship. Glamorgan is setup to use Sea Slug, as that was her main system. As for Yarmouth, should TW come up with more flexibility with regard to ships and weapon systems, ........... well I might be encouraged to update things. I should have allowed Yarmouth/Plymouth to use Seacat, but for some reason (I can't remember) I didn't.

Having built Yarmouth and Glamorgan............ right now, no. Given the limitations of the TW series, only one missile system can work per ship. Glamorgan is setup to use Sea Slug, as that was her main system. As for Yarmouth, should TW come up with more flexibility with regard to ships and weapon systems, ........... well I might be encouraged to update things. I should have allowed Yarmouth/Plymouth to use Seacat, but for some reason (I can't remember) I didn't.

Hinchinbrook you're the God of the MOD.

Nice to meet you.

Thanks for removing the doubt.

For Those About to play We Salute You

2 things.

The first, I admire you, I love modeling in 3D and make Ships is very nice.

Where can I find a good tutorial?

With the editor KMD I created good missions that include attacks ship to ship, although the AI not allow it to perform.

I need the MM-38 work !!!!

The Seasloug had a very low rate of demolition and I would prefer to see running the SeaCat.

As I changed in the DATA.INI?

I'll go with Seacat then.

img00162.jpg

As for Glamorgan, changing the data.ini won't do anything as the Seacat launchers aren't set up for use (see earlier comment about just one functioning missile system). For now, Seaslug will have to be it.

Hinchinbrookes navy grows again, lovely looking ship. Hope you will release it

Cheers

Snapper 21

Cheers

Snapper 21

Hey Snapper,

I fully intend to release her. Just a question of time.

Cheers,

Hinch

Hi, Hinch. Good work and love what you do. I have a question. With all these modern British ships, is there a way to add ECM to their data ini's or give them electonic countermeasure to make it harder for missiles to hit them? I know planes have them but was nt sure if ships could have them in the sim. thx.

With all these modern British ships, is there a way to add ECM to their data ini's or give them electonic countermeasure to make it harder for missiles to hit them? I know planes have them but was nt sure if ships could have them in the sim. thx.

Not at present. While all ground objects can have RCS and even heat signature values assigned to them, there are no provisions for counter measures or ECM.

Hi, Hinch. Good work and love what you do. I have a question. With all these modern British ships, is there a way to add ECM to their data ini's or give them electonic countermeasure to make it harder for missiles to hit them? I know planes have them but was nt sure if ships could have them in the sim. thx.

Shipping is still pretty basic. I'll go with Fubar's answer as I haven't investigated such things. Getting all missile systems to work, along with guns would be a nice step forward.

Also, there are no A2G weapons that use any guidence-types that can be decoyed. You cannot use active radar, as there's no way of acquiring a ground target with radar, and heat seekers will not lock onto a ground object, even if you ramp up its heat sig to a ridiculous level. The only guidence types that really work against ground objects is EO and Anti Radiation.

Also, there are no A2G weapons that use any guidence-types that can be decoyed. You cannot use active radar, as there's no way of acquiring a ground target with radar, and heat seekers will not lock onto a ground object, even if you ramp up its heat sig to a ridiculous level. The only guidence types that really work against ground objects is EO and Anti Radiation.

Fubar, you know far more about the ins and outs of ground objects than I do. Getting guns, turrets and missiles pointing the right way is an achievement for me.

Cheers

Snapper 21

.......... Oh, and Snapper, I've still got the materials for a Type 22............. so once this is done, you never know! :biggrin:

And then on to a Leander................

.......... Oh, and Snapper, I've still got the materials for a Type 22............. so once this is done, you never know! :biggrin:

And then on to a Leander................

Seeing that the Brilliant :biggrin: Falklands Mod could do with one, I hope you find the time for the Type 22. And is that all three batches of the Leanders? Good to see you are back in the ship building.

Cheers

Snapper 21

Edited by snapper 21

Seeing that the Brilliant :biggrin: Falklands Mod could do with one, I hope you find the time for the Type 22. And is that all three batches of the Leanders? Good to see you are back in the ship building.

Cheers

Snapper 21

No just a standard 'as-built' Leander................. so you're going to have to pretend if you want some of the derivations! :biggrin:

marianoranchos,

I meant to add earlier that there a number of freeware programmes for modelling. Blender seems to be very popular. I use Anim8or, just because it's the first one I got to grips with and it's still supported................. has a site with forums. Fairly simple and could do with a few more features, but if you want to play around and learn it's just a quick simple download.

I meant to add earlier that there a number of freeware programmes for modelling. Blender seems to be very popular. I use Anim8or, just because it's the first one I got to grips with and it's still supported................. has a site with forums. Fairly simple and could do with a few more features, but if you want to play around and learn it's just a quick simple download.

I am learning to use the 3Ds max.

You would have a view of a Type 42 to see if I can make one.

marianoranchos, mira que las tipo 42 ya estan para la descarga , es mas hasta estan las argentinas y tienen un modelado exelente :yes:

Would doubling up ship models on top of each other allow two missile systems? Say an Exocet armed ship, and a Seacat armed ship, everything the same, with identical waypoints, except different missiles. AI vs AI collisions don't happen.

Don't think it could work in the closed dynamic campaign system though, only hand crafted missions, or maybe a new formation could be made for this.

Would doubling up ship models on top of each other allow two missile systems? Say an Exocet armed ship, and a Seacat armed ship, everything the same, with identical waypoints, except different missiles. AI vs AI collisions don't happen.

No, because ships will maneuver during an engagement irregardless of waypoint assigments.

Fubar::

No, because ships will maneuver during an engagement irregardless of waypoint assigments.

What? How? Combat flight sims are not supposed to do that. :biggrin: I have never done ship combat yet in this sim, maybe I am missing something totally new here.