Sign in to follow this  
Guest pfunkmusik

1992 Is Just About The Newest Campaign Date You Want Isn't It?

Guest pfunkmusik

Try to do anything newer and it simply doesn't want to work, does it?

pfunk

Whatta mean? I have a 1993 campaign I built for WOE that works just fine....

FastCargo

Same here as FastCargo. I have a 1995 campaign from the red side working just fine. Honestly it's actually quite a challenge.

And then lets not forget the 2007 campaign Final Dawn. I've flown and modded that one many times over.

Edited by drdoyo

Guest pfunkmusik

The 5th Gen fighters are fun, but they make it hard to work in a campaign. The AI treats them really oddly, for me anyway. I have fewer problems the older I make things.

pfunk

And what's so bad about this? Sure, those 4/5th gen fighters with AMRAAMS, JDAMS and what not are fun, shiny, etc. , but they're also boring compared to the 50s/60s/70s stuff, because you have to work to get your bandit shot down or bomb land on the target.

I think he was talking about how the AI acts all weird with guided munitions, especially the problems concerning guided air-to-ground munitions (don't look at the latest like JDAMs, look a bit far back, like the earliest Paveways).

Have flown my 2006 Lebanon War 2 a half dozen times or so.

The opposition does seem a bit lacking, at least in the air to mud department, but I have no issue with that...

:biggrin:

Gocad::

...boring compared to the 50s/60s/70s stuff, because you have to work to get your bandit shot down or bomb land on the target.

There is another, many others, but one is....

When I got The StrikeFighters, my first real dogfight game "test" was flying Su-7 against <CENSORED too newbishly embarassing>. I was that Newbish, needing something with afterburner. Well, I couldn't have my afterburner like I was used to in the All Digital All In Wonder superHUDjetMFDsims. My Su-7 gave me about 5 minutes flying time in afterburner, this at low level, so I had to fight without burner except when absolutely needed. This surprised me, and it should not have, as I knew about Su-7, but I simply have NEVER seen anything like this in The Sims before. Well done!

Classic crapp jets make you manage fuel, like no aircraft before and no aircraft after, Luftwaffe rocket planes in WW2 The Sims excepted. I've read that there's a saying that Lightning pilots never ran out of fuel when driving the English countryside, as they were habitually looking at their gas guage the whole time.

Guest pfunkmusik

And you know, there's really nothing wrong with this. The older era planes make for a much more challenging scenario.

pfunk

And you know, there's really nothing wrong with this. The older era planes make for a much more challenging scenario.

pfunk

The red campaign is always fun. :clapping:

And we need some WIP aircraft,such as Backfire and Fencer,or foragfoot.

And we still need TMF's new MiG-29.

Red side:

MiG-23MLD

MiG-29A

MiG-29S

Su-27S/P

MiG-31

SU-25

SU-17M4

MiG-27

Su-24

Tu-22M3

Tu-95

Tu-95MS?

Or a both side Russian aircraft campaign?

Such as Russian VS Urkraine?

We will see a MiG got a flanker,LOL

Guest pfunkmusik
The red campaign is always fun. :clapping:

Such as Russian VS Urkraine?

We will see a MiG got a flanker,LOL

Erwin,

Your wait will soon be over. Wait until you see my next article on modding.

pfunk