Sign in to follow this  
PIGHUNTA69

Merging WOE into WOI

I bought WOI and was wondering if there is a way of merging my WOE into the WOI folder because i have all of mods in WOE. Or do i have to start redownloading mods and stuff for WOI?

SFP1 cat extractor + Cut & Paste is all you need.

I have the extractor, so what i can do is take the aircraft files i have in WOE and copy and paste them into my WOI aircraft folder? Also same for terrain?

Well, you can flip it around.

Do a basic install of WOI, patch it up, then move the core files (CATs, DLLs, EXEs,etc ) to your WOE install and overwrite (with exceptions). Do not move the ini files...you will proabably lose mods if you do that. Also, anything that is exclusive to WOV/WOE (F-100, F-105, etc) will be lost UNLESS you extract the particular files needed for that aircraft/object to it's respective folder.

FastCargo

That sounds alot harder for me to do FC, i'm not that literate when it comes to this game

Well, the result will still be the same...for aircraft that are exclusive to WOE/WOV, you will need to extract the files from the WOE Objectdata.cat file to get them to work in WOI.

FastCargo

Guest Tazkiller
That sounds alot harder for me to do FC, i'm not that literate when it comes to this game

And thats exactly why there is no patch to bring all title up to standard.

T.K. and crew have done some amazing things in W.O.I., but at the same time, screwed themselves.

W.O.I. logic is not compatable in previous title standards.

Hundred of aircraft and other mods will have to be completely re written.

I am struggling my self with the F-86. An aircraft that is not designed to be flown at 77% power.

Or the logic that W.O.I. employes.

And thats exactly why there is no patch to bring all title up to standard.

T.K. and crew have done some amazing things in W.O.I., but at the same time, screwed themselves.

Hundred of aircraft and other mods will have to be completely re written.

I am struggling my self with the F-86. An aircraft that is not designed to be flown at 77% power.

Or the logic that W.O.I. employes.

Id rather have the many much needed improvements that came with WOI regardless tbh - if thats what it takes to get MiGs that actually put up a fight then so be it.

This is going to sound noobish, but what exactly are the inherent differences between pre-WOI games and WOI. I don't think I've noticed since my taste in aircraft is from about 1985 onwards and I don't think I've ever had a problem importing them from the older games in the TW series. Is it just older series aircraft (ie WWII-Vietnam) that are affected? I just thought it was a difference in coding to introduce things like higher-def graphics and other updates to the Wings Over engine.

FMs. WoI and First Eagles have somewhat different way of handling them, at least concerning prop planes (at least, I do not know about the rest since I don't have WoI).

From the impression I got, there is a difference (even if it is slight) in taking the same plane and flying it in SF:P1/WoV/WoE AND flying the same plane again in WoI, provided every single setting is similar.

Edited by kct

I'm sure that SP5 beta testing for WoE, WoV, and SF will begin soon, if it hasn't already.

I'll say enjoy everything we had at the moment, and be prepared for all the radical changes the next BIG ONE might bring to us non-WoI-ers.

Guest Joe SharpShooter
I bought WOI and was wondering if there is a way of merging my WOE into the WOI folder because i have all of mods in WOE. Or do i have to start redownloading mods and stuff for WOI?

It has been a week now that I can play the WOE A-1-series on my WOI. Of course, the US Tank Killers take side with the IAF. Yet, when I flew my MERCILESS F-16A_Arab nation carrying the ALL-Aspect Soviet's AAM, loke the AA-12s, even the less lethal ones as the AA-11s, ALL the A-10s r KAPUT! I even have dropped NETZ, Fighting Falcon, BAZes etc, when I FLEW the Egyption Mi-8 chopper!!! That's when I was on Anti_Ship, STRIKE, et ATTACK missions, coz I set enemy aircraft as HEAVY. So is for Israeli SAMs which r really lethal. I was DEAAD thre times over some Israeli airfild on STRIKE mission using the Mi-8, but NOT before I puctured the RUNWAYs using my only ONE guided bomb. Wish to upload the SkrinShots, yet the admin does not allow me to UPLOAD again as I have uploaded NINE of mine....

Hey, I even have "tweaked", in the Weapdata.ini, the Soviet IRMs -- R-13series, R-60 and R-60M into a very LETHAL AAMs/IRMs with ALL-ASPECT capability. And ALL the MiGs save the MiG-15 and 19, carry thos tweaks IRMs, even the MiG-21 series can carry just ONE deadly, and LONG R-73 under its belly!

TWEAK-TWEAK, and the IAFs are KAPUT!

Make no mistakes, I still love to fly the NETZ, the BAZ, and the legendary Phanthoms/Kurnass!

Wanna know the trick? Just Copy/Paste -- in Weapdata.ini, the line that says blablabla CAPABILITY, FROM the DEADLY PYTHON4, and PASTE it in the Soviet IRMs above. And go dogfighting the IAF/BAF etc.

It's just a game OK. Thanks for ur time. OOPS! re attachment, I am afraid I hit the wrong subfolder! Yet, I wanted to upload them before, but was not allowed in GALLERY page. Let me know if yhey r the wrong ones