Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

Yet another checkride...

...done and done!

2 left baby...2 left! End of an era...1 3/4 years left...

Not that I'm counting or anything...

Noted another counter today too...I've got over 500 hours in the C model alone....

There's a part of me that thinks...."I wonder how long it would take to get 4000 hours in the 38 before I retire..."

FastCargo

...done and done!

2 left baby...2 left! End of an era...1 3/4 years left...

Not that I'm counting or anything...

Noted another counter today too...I've got over 500 hours in the C model alone....

There's a part of me that thinks...."I wonder how long it would take to get 4000 hours in the 38 before I retire..."

FastCargo

AH go for it man....its only 4000 hours.

Could you do a bit more than 4000 Fast Cargo? A little bit more and and that's a full 6 months!

What math is that you're using...that's not the numbers I come up with...

FastCargo

Could you do a bit more than 4000 Fast Cargo? A little bit more and and that's a full 6 months!

Um, 4000 hours, by FAA Regs for 14CFR part 121 = 4 years of flying your a** off since the regs only allow a crewmwmber to fly 1000 hours a calander year. Mind you, that doesn't include the time on the ground before, between and after flights getting the airplane ready to fly and securing it at the end. This work is called 'duty time' and is different than 'flight time'. In many cases of shorter flights (there are exceptions) 'duty time' usually = 2x 'flight time' ( 8 hours of 'flight time' in a day = 16 hours of 'duty time' in a day )

I have no clue what limits the military has, but I don't think they come close to this unless it's combat flying or in the training commands. FastCargo, it would be interesting to see your input from the military perspective.

Congrats to you FastCargo!! I just completed another checkride myself 2 weeks ago in conjunction with my transition.

Edited by drdoyo

I think he's using the maths that there are 8760 hours in a year so 4380 hours would give you six months airborne.

What math is that you're using...that's not the numbers I come up with...

FastCargo

Heyy I meant no cheek, quite the opposite, was a joke as in 4000 hours divided by 24, divide by 7, divide by 4... is 5.95 calender months, I meant to highlight just how long in the seat that is when you think of it all together like that. Certainly not something you can do half heartedly. Respect to you and your service time dude! :good: Sorry if I was missunderstood, whisky plus forum = my posts

Heyy I meant no cheek, quite the opposite, was a joke as in 4000 hours divided by 24, divide by 7, divide by 4... is 5.95 calender months, I meant to highlight just how long in the seat that is when you think of it all together like that. Certainly not something you can do half heartedly. Respect to you and your service time dude! :good: Sorry if I was missunderstood, whisky plus forum = my posts

Congrats FC. Well done!

Now compare that to how many hrs of your life you've spent sitting on the can since you were born! :biggrin:

Congrats!

I just got home from this latest deployment and will take mine in a week or so. Then the DOV job is mine ;)

Storm