Sign in to follow this  
commander

Need decision making help

Does anyone have any suggestions on which WO* game to purchase first, for WOI im waiting for the vista SF does not have a patch yet, so i have to decide between WOE and WOV. The one i choose will probably be the last i get for vista, but i am going to purchase on to "quench my thirst" until vista comes out, because the latest patch fixed most of the problems.

It all comes down to Which is a better start platform (most fun, mods, capabilities).

WOV is definitely more fun, but WOE seems to have an edge regarding mods.

The solution is: Get'em both. :biggrin:

im only gonna get one until vista comes out, so which is the more satisfactory one.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which WO* game to purchase first, for WOI im waiting for the vista SF does not have a patch yet, so i have to decide between WOE and WOV. The one i choose will probably be the last i get for vista, but i am going to purchase on to "quench my thirst" until vista comes out, because the latest patch fixed most of the problems.

It all comes down to Which is a better start platform (most fun, mods, capabilities).

I would get wings over europe, the upcoming desert storm mod was designed for WOE patched to the current standard because it has a few features that the others do not. from what I have read from

the people involved with the development/testing of that mod it is going to be the greatest and the bigest mod ever done for this series. With the new patch WOE works fine on vista, not sure if the screenshot

problem got fixed yet, been so busy installing mods and testing that I havent tried the screenshot function yet.

i think ill goe with WOE (more mods, other countries, europe, more reliable weapons, more realistic scenario for mods)

There is no screenshot problem that i know of. As i've told others who said they couldn't find the folder. Go into the main WOE folder...select compatibility files on the top right and your screenshot folder will be there.

Another method would be to go into Vista controls and turn off the added security stuff (User Account Control i think it was) which make folders such as Screenshots hide like that.

Thanks Stormtrooper :good: .

Vista limits the access to files located in the Program Files section, which can be a problem for programs not written for Vista, since they might be unable to write and create certain files (like savegames or screenshots)

I recommend to install the TW games into your personal Users folder. That should solve those problems.

i think ill goe with WOE (more mods, other countries, europe, more reliable weapons, more realistic scenario for mods)

With WOV SP4 you can get YAP2 - which is no doubt the Most realistic and comprehensive Mod for..... well any sim - and now looks to have a really great Terrain and tree set - but then you do have to pay for it :biggrin:

the only thing that is making it a hard decision is the carrier ops in WOV, the aircraft aren't a prob cuz i can add them, but the way that they are deployed might not be as realistic in WOE?

Ive had WOE for the last two years-loved it, modded the heck out of it too.

Then two weeks ago I got WOI.Blew my socks off.

Then the patches were released and everything came down to the same standard-its really your choice...

I suggest WOV 1st WOE 2nd and WOI 3rd.Because,you learn here how to merge all into one here at CA,thx's to all modders here.Like mentioned before,we are entering the new era here and you don't want tobe left behind when the DS Mod comes out for WOE.Not to mention the different stock groundobjects,weapons,aircraft and terrian each has to offer.I'm yet to get my copy of WOI but,i can tell you that it's set the standard for the up and coming mods.

Oh yeah,it's just a suggestion cuz i'm just a hugh fan here,subscribe to this forum for your benefit to help the Admids here to keep good info and maintain a forum for the mods to educate us about how to get the most out of these TW series sims,ok?

Edited by WDH

well ill make a complete merge when the vista versions come out, this is to tide me over and figure out how to play. ill have 3 installs initially if i can. WOE, WOV, And the merged. i may try and figure how to make a cmpaign cuz ive got a great idea for the merge, invasion into russia, combines naval aspect of WOV and area of WOE, and all the planes.