Sign in to follow this  
Guest pfunkmusik

Black Sea Terrain v 1.0 Released

Guest pfunkmusik

It's now in the Terrain section, it's my first effort, so it's liable to be a little rough.

Enjoy, fold, spindle, and mutilate.

pfunk

Chuck LOL you are killing me man. :lol:

Beautiful! I was just flying around enjoying the Ukrainian countryside so much that I didn't notice the flight of MiG-21s that came out of nowhere.*

You might want to make mention that the program installs the terrain into the exact folder that you specify in the installation. I had to move the "Blacksea" folder from the WoE directory into the terrain folder after it installed.

*My hats off to TK for the recent patches. I have never before been shamed by the humble fishbed as much as I have in the past couple of days.

P this is a bad ass terrain. Nice nice work.

Excellent!

Now to get my campaign file going from scratch. To the Bat Cave! (knowledge base)

I like it...but it needs more targets. And parked ships. And signs. And Flags and dancing girls... :rofl:

My only complaint is, some of the runways approach lines are directly at mountains; makes dummy wingmen crash.

Other than the planning maps needing redoing (Chuck, I made new ones last night, just stock, generic style - you want 'em, I"ll upload them)

Like I said, I like it!!! With it, we could just about re-do the Fighters Anthology Ukraine campaigns...where did I put that game disk...????

Wrench

kevin stein

I definately second re-creating the old USNF campaign (that was later repackaged on Fighters Anthology), especially once the new Tomcat from MF comes out. (Waiting very patiently...) I do wonder why the navy would choose to part a carrier in the Black Sea and expect it to be much more than a target for waves of Backfires.

I love this map, but the AI definately needs some help with the mountains. I've lost a few wingmen to the sides of hills, and tanks have been placed in some interesting locations. At one point a line of T-72s was dug in on the face of a cliff. Physics seemed to have been taking a lunch break.

Overall, though, it is a beautiful job. I enjoyed reading about its creation at SimHQ, and I look forward to future articles.

img00009.bmp

Perhaps I shouldn't be carrying a full load if I expect to get over that ridge...

Guest pfunkmusik

Tirebolu AB and Erzincan AB were monumental pains in the ass for me and pre-patch, the AI seemed to be okay with them.

I may need to simply relocate or make new ones. The AI was okay with Marneuli, Guadata, and Alekseevka, but the horrendously mountainous terrain in Northwest Turkey is now playing hell with everything.

Anyone having problems with TO and landing at places like Ordu or Samsun?

pfunk

I noticed that the FARPS have landing strips. That is completely awesome! I hope that whoever is working on the campaign remembers us Harrier drivers <hint hint>. I've been tinkering with a small one myself, but my modding skills are lacking. I also noticed the slots for both a US and a Russian Carrier Group. You thought of everything... :)

Amazing terrain!

HaHa Wings over LOMAC! I havent been in front of my own computer for a week and wont be for another week. Then i will have a weekend to test this and all the other cool stuff thats been released while i have been gone. How will i ever make it?

Thirdwire forever!

I've been at it already, I've had a forum set up, but nobody there really. Lots of people love the idea, but besides Dels doing an X-29, I've been plugging away on my own.

Tirebolu AB and Erzincan AB were monumental pains in the ass for me and pre-patch, the AI seemed to be okay with them.

I may need to simply relocate or make new ones. The AI was okay with Marneuli, Guadata, and Alekseevka, but the horrendously mountainous terrain in Northwest Turkey is now playing hell with everything.

Anyone having problems with TO and landing at places like Ordu or Samsun?

pfunk

Love this terrain. Been on a mission over Georgia about a month and a half ago now ( I am not kidding, pics in Italian forum first and second page.)--->Georgia Mission<----- and the terrain in NW Turkey is VERY VERY VERY montainous.

It is almost worth to resuscitate the CL215 model hidden in my harddisk. eh eh Canadairs over Gori

Edited by Canadair