I started working on my second campaign for the thirdwire series. Instead of creating a topic, each time I have to announce something, I would use this single topic to make the announcements while the full articles would be published on my blog.

unlike my previous campaign I started of with writing a design document.

The campaign will take place between 1985 and 1995, as player you will have the ability to fly at least 10 aircraft on the blue side on a 3rd party terrain.

For the time being I won't reveal neither exact timeframe or location of the campaign, but I can already divulge that the Tomcat will be included.

F-14A_Loading.jpg

How about a Libya campaign? I don't think anyone has done one.

There were 2 or 3 attempts. Pfunkmusik's got a quite advanced-stage of campaign, but I don't know if he's still working on it...

Guest pfunkmusik
There were 2 or 3 attempts. Pfunkmusik's got a quite advanced-stage of campaign, but I don't know if he's still working on it...

Still perfecting it.

pfunk

PILOTSKINS

For my campaign I use AmokFloo's Western Style Pilot Models.

You can read more on why and how I use his work to customize squadrons and aircraft on my blog. If you want an overview of all campaign articles I wrote or will write, visit the WIP¨- Unamed Campaign Page.

Here are some images of the different pilotskins I created using AmakFloo's models.

F_15E.jpg

F_18.jpg

A_7.jpg

F_16.jpg

Hey King Albert,

I just read your design document, and I have a couple comments:

1. No ground war?!?! For some people, myself included, CAS missions are the most fun to fly, and the ground war gives the campaign more of a sense of purpose. For me personally, I feel like without a ground war I may as well just play a bunch of randomly generated single missions with the aircraft and missions type I want, verses playing through an entire campaign.

2. As you said yourself, the time frame and aircraft you're using are from the "Desert Storm" era. A big group of guys is (hopefully soon) releasing a stand alone install for this conflict that is very much anticipated.

I don't think this means in any way that someone else who is interested should not attempt their own mod concerning similar aircraft/time frame/theaters, but you did mention specifically that you wanted to create a buzz about your next project. In my opinion (and that's all it is), having a well hyped competing mod comming out around the same time combined with the lack of a ground war might result in not getting the buzz you're looking for.

I hope these comments aren't perceived as being too negative and I really don't want to discourage anyone from modding. I've spent lots of time re-doing something someone else has already done just because I wanted something specific done a little differently, and I see nothing wrong with that and don't think you shouldn't do it if that's what you want to do. Just wanted to put my 2 cents in, though...

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :clapping:

Hey King Albert,

I just read your design document, and I have a couple comments:

1. No ground war?!?! For some people, myself included, CAS missions are the most fun to fly, and the ground war gives the campaign more of a sense of purpose. For me personally, I feel like without a ground war I may as well just play a bunch of randomly generated single missions with the aircraft and missions type I want, verses playing through an entire campaign.

2. As you said yourself, the time frame and aircraft you're using are from the "Desert Storm" era. A big group of guys is (hopefully soon) releasing a stand alone install for this conflict that is very much anticipated.

I don't think this means in any way that someone else who is interested should not attempt their own mod concerning similar aircraft/time frame/theaters, but you did mention specifically that you wanted to create a buzz about your next project. In my opinion (and that's all it is), having a well hyped competing mod comming out around the same time combined with the lack of a ground war might result in not getting the buzz you're looking for.

I hope these comments aren't perceived as being too negative and I really don't want to discourage anyone from modding. I've spent lots of time re-doing something someone else has already done just because I wanted something specific done a little differently, and I see nothing wrong with that and don't think you shouldn't do it if that's what you want to do. Just wanted to put my 2 cents in, though...

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :clapping:

thx malibu43 for your comment, don't worry I don't perceive them as negative :biggrin:

I know that there is a team working on a desert storm mod and it's not my intention to go into direct competition with them. First of all they are in a group and I am all alone and surely their combined experience will outweigh my experience. The main reason for not including a ground campaign is that I am working on my own: I don't have others to fall back on for guidance or testing, so those parts of the campaign where I am not proficient enough or lack time to test, are cut.

But that does not mean that CAS missions will disappear. I know that F-111's went on tank-plinking missions during the Gulf War, destroying fixed Iraqi tank positions. Those kind of missions are on my agenda, but i think they will fall under strike missions.

Another form of CAS are missions to support Special Forces, stuck behind enemy lines. Again I will have to check how I can encorporate these kind of missions.

As for my schedule, this is the route i want to take:

1/ install allied aircraft (I am busy doing that)

2/ install enemy aircraft

3/ install/edit ground units (SAM, AAA etc) on the terrain

4/ add additional scenery on the terrain

5/ figure out how to install those special missions (tank plinking, SF support)

6/ test the allied side

7/ test the red side (because some people showed interest in a red flyable campaign)

8/ write the manual (yep I intend to write an Allied Manual,an enemy order of battle and a weapons manual)

9/ release the damn thing

Oh yeah and I want to post from time to time on my blog too. :biggrin:

Please tell me is the Black Sea please please

Another update on this campaign.

Using the CVN-75 from Digital-Overload the US Navy is ready for some action and I have a short movie to proof it. Just click on one of the icons below for the version you want.

MyBlog.jpg -> goto my blog and watch the embedded movie (at the bottom of the post)

FileFront.jpg -> download from filefront

Happy Flying

I made another weekly update on my blog. This time it's not directly about the sim but about the tools I use:

1. Notepad

2. Pen and Paper

3. ToDoList

Notepad.jpg

(I did hide the terrain reference, since I still want to keep it secret :biggrin: )

PenPaper.jpg

ToDoList.jpg

Happy Flying

Edited by KingAlbert

for the last couple of days I have been testing the campaign with VF-32. You can read a full report on my blog, but I already discovered some items i need to fix:

1/ no weapons for certain aircraft

2/ target area out of bound

3/ end screens not working properly

Below are some ingame action shots (did you notice who's the pilot?).

F-18.jpg

In_Tke_Sky.jpg

Sea_kill.jpg

maverick.jpg