Sign in to follow this  
Viper6

editing WOV stock campaings

Does anyone know why WOV will not "see" any changes made to the stock campaings?

I extracted the missiondata.ini and changed the F-4E that is in the 555th (Linebacker II)

to a F-4ES(start date 1971) and saved the changes but when i start the campaing it is still a F-4E :blink:

I have made these same changes with success in user made campaings.

Edited by Viper6

Does anyone know why WOV will not "see" any changes made to the stock campaings?

I extracted the missiondata.ini and changed the F-4E that is in the 555th (Linebacker II)

to a F-4ES(start date 1971) and saved the changes but when i start the campaing it is still a F-4E :blink:

I have made these same changes with success in user made campaings.

you have to extract either:

wovcampl1_data.ini, wovcampl2_data.ini, wovcamprt_data.ini

edit them, and put them in the matching campaign folder

you have to extract either:

wovcampl1_data.ini, wovcampl2_data.ini, wovcamprt_data.ini

edit them, and put them in the matching campaign folder

ok idid the editing on the second one, so now i have to put the new file in the matching folder? ok i will try it and thanks for the help Edited by Viper6

still a no go! Has anyone managed to edit a stock campaing? have you replaced a plane with another? anyone at all?

still a no go! Has anyone managed to edit a stock campaing? have you replaced a plane with another? anyone at all?

one thing: you have to restart the campaign from the start, when you continue an older campaign it will not load the new data.

Otherwise it should load the new data, including any changed starting aircraft. tried it this week with the stock SFP1 campaign, worked fine.

edit: just changed the 4th USAF sqdr from F-4E to F-15A, and it works.

only on the campaign setup screen it says F-4E, because of the line in file LinebackerI.ini, so might wanna change that too, though it doesn't matter much,

example wovcampl2_data.ini:

//----- Player Unit

[AirUnit001]

//AircraftType=F-4E

AircraftType=F-15A

Squadron=4TFS

ForceID=1

Edited by gerwin

one thing: you have to restart the campaign from the start, when you continue an older campaign it will not load the new data.

Otherwise it should load the new data, inlcuding any changed starting aircraft. tried it this week with the stock SFP1 campaign, worked fine.

I too have edited the stock SF gold campaings with no problem but it is in the WOV and WOE that I'm having

big troubles with. All I wanted to do was to have a F-4 that has chaff in linebackerII, I even edited the F-4e and added chaff but the campaing does not even "see" that! Man! what sadness

Edited by Viper6

I too have edited the stock SF gold campaings with no problem but it is in the WOV and WOE that I'm having

big troubles with. All I wanted to do was to have a F-4 that has chaff in linebackerII, I even edited the F-4e and added chaff but the campaing does not even "see" that! Man! what sadness

Can you post the changes you've made for us to look at? I've added and changed squadrons in WOV and WOE with no problems at all, even post-patch.

I want to change the f-4E of the 555th in the Linebacker II (late '72) to a F-4ES because she has chaff. I have followed

all the posts and instructions, but, when i start the campaing it says my plane is a F-4ES, but, in the load out screen it is still a regular

stock F-4E. this is just for the player air unit 555th I do not know how to post the changes for anyone to look at sorry im not that smart

Edited by Viper6

2 things you must do

in WOVCAMPL2_DATA.ini - in the "linebackerII" folder

Change this then save

//----- Player Unit

[AirUnit016]

AircraftType=F-4E_Late <----change to F-4ES (must be exact name given by its folder)

Squadron=555TFS

ForceID=1

Nation=USAF

DefaultTexture=USAFtng1 <----change to the F-4ES skin you want to use

Then open LinebackerII.ini - also in the LinebackerII folder and scroll down:

[uSAFUnit007]

UnitName=555th TFS Triple Nickel

ForceID=1

UnitID=16

StartDate=1972

DescFile=wovL2Start.txt

StartText=wovL2Start1.txt

AircraftType=F-4E_Late <-----change to F-4ES

Save and thats it

Do you see "UnitID=16" in the second bit above? That unit ID must be the same as the [AIRUNITxxx] in wovcampl2_data.ini - in this case [AirUnit016]

2 things you must do

in WOVCAMPL2_DATA.ini - in the "linebackerII" folder

Change this then save

//----- Player Unit

[AirUnit016]

AircraftType=F-4E_Late <----change to F-4ES (must be exact name given by its folder)

Squadron=555TFS

ForceID=1

Nation=USAF

DefaultTexture=USAFtng1 <----change to the F-4ES skin you want to use

Then open LinebackerII.ini - also in the LinebackerII folder and scroll down:

[uSAFUnit007]

UnitName=555th TFS Triple Nickel

ForceID=1

UnitID=16

StartDate=1972

DescFile=wovL2Start.txt

StartText=wovL2Start1.txt

AircraftType=F-4E_Late <-----change to F-4ES

Save and thats it

Do you see "UnitID=16" in the second bit above? That unit ID must be the same as the [AIRUNITxxx] in wovcampl2_data.ini - in this case [AirUnit016]

Thank you for your help i will make these changes today. :good:

Well, I followed the instructions and still no joy. BTW, the things listed on how to make the changes is

how I made the changes in SF Gold and in user made campaings. I dont understand why it does not

work in WOV or WOE. I even added chaff to the F-4 used in WOE and WOV and it does not show up

in any of the stock campaings that use the F-4E.

I just tried it. Put the F-4ES in my Aircraft directory. Extracted the WOVCAMPL2_DATA.ini from the Flight CAT. Made the changes to 555th from F-4E to F-4ES. Saved the WOVCAMPL2_DATA.ini to the LinebackII directory in the Campaigns directory. Started a campaign and selected Linebacker II from the drop down campaign menu (default is Rolling Thunder). I have an F-4ES in my loading screen for the 555th.

Man, thanks a lot! I will follow your lead to the LETTER! WHOAH!!

I just tried it. Put the F-4ES in my Aircraft directory. Extracted the WOVCAMPL2_DATA.ini from the Flight CAT. Made the changes to 555th from F-4E to F-4ES. Saved the WOVCAMPL2_DATA.ini to the LinebackII directory in the Campaigns directory. Started a campaign and selected Linebacker II from the drop down campaign menu (default is Rolling Thunder). I have an F-4ES in my loading screen for the 555th.
THAT IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!! It works!! Czech6 Your the Man!! Thank you!!! :good::clapping: My mistake was saving instead of save as. WHOAH!! Edited by Viper6