Sign in to follow this  
whiteknight06604

anybody still working on stuff?

no pressure and not trying to rush or pry but I was just curious if people were still working new aircraft and campaigns.I myself may start skinning again as time permits.It would be ashame if First Eagles modding died out.Other than Sinbads one man skinning crusade things have been rather quiet.

Edited by whiteknight06604

I'll most likely be revisiting all my airfield, balloon defense and bridge mods...adding more ground objects, target areas, and such as soon as my part-time job tapers off. Got about another 4-6 weeks of work depending on the weather.

Well, I've been working on Sop 1 1/2 Strutter. Don't know yet when it'll be ready as I'm having quite a busy time at the moment. But at least I'm trying :)

Yes, working on several bits, time permitting, long term stuff includes detailed skins for a set of Alb DIIIs Jasta 11. A set of detailed SE5a skins, various aces. I have a blue nosed one of Billy Bishop but someone beat me to it with an upload. (Was hoping to release it September 11th, Billy Bishop died on this day in 1956, the exact same night I was born). I've also been experimenting with some sound files to create a wind buffeted open cockpit effect. Hopefully I'll upload some very soon. Interesting to see the use of other terrains compatible with FE.

The GMG is working on some different Aircrafts.

well thats good to hear.First Eagles has so much potential,just needs some more two seaters and a few more terains.thanks everyone for the updates.

When I have the time I will finish:

-A new pack with "updated" nations.

-Skin and decals for the FC-1/JF-17.

-Something else I feel like doing.

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=15697

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=15695

W.I.P. Here's a couple of preview pics of the first of a series of new SE5a skins I'm working on, Capt. G H Lewis No 40 sqn.

There are still some detailing tweaks here and there to finish off. There should be no headrest, however, is it is possible to remove this from the original model?

Can this be done with text code or does it have to be taken off the original 3D model? Also, is it possible to create a 4 bladed propeller version?

If these are possible it will greatly increase the skinning options. Hopefully someone can offer some technical help. Thanks in anticipation.

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=15697

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=15695

W.I.P. Here's a couple of preview pics of the first of a series of new SE5a skins I'm working on, Capt. G H Lewis No 40 sqn.

There are still some detailing tweaks here and there to finish off. There should be no headrest, however, is it is possible to remove this from the original model?

Can this be done with text code or does it have to be taken off the original 3D model? Also, is it possible to create a 4 bladed propeller version?

If these are possible it will greatly increase the skinning options. Hopefully someone can offer some technical help. Thanks in anticipation.

As far as a four blade prop, I don't think so. It's part of the 3d model, I believe and couldn't be changed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. When it comes to the headrest, it depends on two things:

1. Is it a separate part listed in the lod (open in notepad, or a hex editor to check).

2. Will it leave a big hole in the airframe if you remove it using p10ppy's part removal trick, like removing the gun mount does to the Bristol F2b.

If #1 is true, but #2 is false, then you can remove it. If I get the chance today, I'll check this out for you.

Heck

sorry Heck, bet you :wink:

You are right about the prop ..when its stationary there's nothing you can do about it (because of the engine animation rigging)

you could repaint the xxprop.tga's for the slow and fast prop but i doubt you would notice it in game and it would still be 2 bladed when it stopped

for the headrest

You will need to make a copy of the SE5a folder and rename it and all the associated ini's I'm afraid, and alter the new SE5a.ini file to reflect the changes (a new aircraft)

extract the SE5A_DATA.INI from the ObjectData.CAT and put it in the new folder and then edit it with this...

in the [Fuselage] section add

[Fuselage]

ModelNodeName=Fuselage P

ShowFromCockpit=TRUE

HasAeroCoefficients=TRUE

--------snip---------

SystemName[009]=BombRack4

SystemName[010]=HeadrestR

DetachNode[001]=Aldis Sight

and under the [bombRack4]

add a whole new section

[bombRack4]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

--------snip---------

MinExtentPosition= 0.14,-0.33,-0.68

MaxExtentPosition= 0.01, 0.27,-0.54

[HeadrestR]

StationID=5

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.00,0.00,0.00

AttachmentAngles=0.00,0.00,0.00

LoadLimit=1

AllowedWeaponClass=FT

AttachmentType=NATO,WP

NumWeapons=1

ModelNodeName=Headrest

PylonMass=0.0001

PylonDragArea=0

FuelTankName=

works well

have fun :yes:

Edited by p10ppy

p10ppy beat me to it. :biggrin:

post-11855-1224943638_thumb.jpg

You know, p10ppy, your discovery has been one of the greatest finds out there. You can mod so many aircraft into other types now with just data.ini edits. A little OT, but I've even created an Me109e-1 with no wing cannons thanks to you. Much appreciated.

Heck

Edited by Heck

p10ppy beat me to it. :biggrin:

post-11855-1224943638_thumb.jpg

You know, p10ppy, your discovery has been one of the greatest finds out there. You can mod so many aircraft into other types now with just data.ini edits. A little OT, but I've even created an Me109e-1 with no wing cannons thanks to you. Much appreciated.

Heck

Excellent edition,or should I say subtraction.I wonder if one of our resident modelers could or would make the early style "greenhouse" windscreen to add to the model?Might be interesting.

sorry Heck, bet you :wink:

You are right about the prop ..when its stationary there's nothing you can do about it (because of the engine animation rigging)

you could repaint the xxprop.tga's for the slow and fast prop but i doubt you would notice it in game and it would still be 2 bladed when it stopped

for the headrest

You will need to make a copy of the SE5a folder and rename it and all the associated ini's I'm afraid, and alter the new SE5a.ini file to reflect the changes (a new aircraft)

extract the SE5A_DATA.INI from the ObjectData.CAT and put it in the new folder and then edit it with this...

in the [Fuselage] section add

[Fuselage]

ModelNodeName=Fuselage P

ShowFromCockpit=TRUE

HasAeroCoefficients=TRUE

--------snip---------

SystemName[009]=BombRack4

SystemName[010]=HeadrestR

DetachNode[001]=Aldis Sight

and under the [bombRack4]

add a whole new section

[bombRack4]

--------snip---------

MinExtentPosition= 0.14,-0.33,-0.68

MaxExtentPosition= 0.01, 0.27,-0.54

[HeadrestR]

StationID=5

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.00,0.00,0.00

AttachmentAngles=0.00,0.00,0.00

LoadLimit=1

AllowedWeaponClass=FT

AttachmentType=NATO,WP

NumWeapons=1

ModelNodeName=Headrest

PylonMass=0.0001

PylonDragArea=0

FuelTankName=

works well

have fun :yes:

Wonderful, many many thanks for this! Of the two things I requested information about, this was the more important to me. Maybe we can put the 4 bladed version, (plus nose spinner), on the wish list if there is a new official patch in the pipeline.