I am trying to tweek my settings so the foxhound can see other Aircraft past the 25nm ..cant understand why I cannot get a lock on till im almost on top of the enemy ? AA-9's are useless at close range.

Edited by Veltro2k

I am trying to tweek my settings so the foxhound can see other Aircraft past the 25nm ..cant understand why I cannot get a lock on till im almost on top of the enemy ?

It's called "jamming" and it works especially well after you install SP5 :biggrin:

That's should be somewhere in the avionics ini.

If what I think is right (and someone PLEASE correct me!!!), it has to do with track settings....

below is form the old Tomcat:

[AvionicsData]

AvailableModes=SEARCH,ACQUISITION,TRACK,BORESIGHT

RangeUnit=NM

RangeSetting[1]=05

RangeSetting[2]=10

RangeSetting[3]=25

RangeSetting[4]=50

RangeSetting[5]=100

RangeSetting[6]=200

RadarPosition=

MaxElevationAngle=85

MinElevationAngle=-85

MaxAzimuthAngle=90

MinAltitude=350.0

MinReturn=0.05

SearchRangeSetting=1,2,3,4,5,6

ScanPattern[1].BarElevation[1]=1.875

ScanPattern[1].BarElevation[2]=-1.875

ScanPattern[1].ScanRate=120

ScanPattern[1].ScanBeamAngle=6.7

ScanPattern[1].ScanArc=60

SearchStrength=100

SearchTargetTime=5.0

AcquisitionSymbolSpeed=2.0

AcquisitionTime=2.0

LostAquisitionTime=2.0

TrackRangeSetting=1,2,3,4,5 <---perhaps these??

TrackCapabilities=HOJ,TARGET_MEMORY,IFF,TWS

TrackStrength=80

TrackMemroyTime=5.0

BoresightRangeSetting=1,2

BoresightElevation=-2.0

BoresightAzimuth=0.0

BoresightBeamAngle=3.7

change the track setting, and see what happens

Wrench

kevin stein

It's called "jamming" and it works especially well after you install SP5 :biggrin:

Mainly because a lot of planes and pods have jamming strength that is way over-modeled. The MiG-25 and MiG-31 radars should be able to burn through most jamming at ranges less than 50 nm.

Mainly because a lot of planes and pods have jamming strength that is way over-modeled. The MiG-25 and MiG-31 radars should be able to burn through most jamming at ranges less than 50 nm.

concur

Mainly because a lot of planes and pods have jamming strength that is way over-modeled.

Oh, without a doubt. The same holds true of the F-14's radar, out to some ridiculous distance

Oh, without a doubt. The same holds true of the F-14's radar, out to some ridiculous distance

meaning the F-14 radar is modeled too well or the F-14 radar in a jamming environment is modeled too well?

I actually think its pretty close to being accurate, at least in a non-ecm situation. In an ecm situation I simply don't know if it is or not.

meaning the F-14 radar is modeled too well or the F-14 radar in a jamming environment is modeled too well?

I actually think its pretty close to being accurate, at least in a non-ecm situation. In an ecm situation I simply don't know if it is or not.

No, meaning that the radars on the F-14, particularly the later varients (D-model), were just about jam-proof out to an incredible range.

No, meaning that the radars on the F-14, particularly the later varients (D-model), were just about jam-proof out to an incredible range.

I think its pretty close here in the sim. Increasing the track strength to 80 as Crusader points out is probably just about right.

It wasn't completely invulnerable, just pretty good.

Same with the latest F-15C and E.