So we shall use this model as our base for creating TACTICAL (converting wont be a problem)

Blackbird, you seem to know thing or two about modding, could you give me some advices?

Does size matters in model?

Are there are bones needed to be put in model, if they do do you have any model that would help me to put them in right place (and rigg them). I presume that animated parts like gears of flaps need to be rigged to some bone to make them move. Am I right?

How much of details can be put in INI file?

I would be grateful for this kind of advices from more experienced modders.

You don`t need bones, when you are in max you have to define the Fuselage, name it that way, as a primary knot. All you have to do is to name the parts right and conect them in the right way. right aileron to right outer wing ---> right wing ---> fuselage. Some animations needs animation slots, like canopy, airbrakes gear ... the other parts like rudder, ailerons are directed via ini entry. I`m not such an expert in this still working on my first real new plane.

The size matters, every modell can be created in inches or meters, I prefer meter cause I`m european an it works better for me. Sometimes you have to use 2 sided textures for canopy TGA`s so if you open the canopy you can see the glass from the other side!

I understand that I need to name faces I grouped, but does model need bones (joints) to animate them. Most models works like skeletons, so when you rotate a joint every face that have been assigned to it moves too. I can only speculate how this is done in WoE, but if I could get my hands on one or two models made for WoE, so I could merclessly vivisect them. That would gave me pretty much most of information I need.

I think that our first task would be to make this model (without changing it) work properly in WoE, after that we could think about changing model, and finally change that used F-15 INI to make this a full F-15T

BTW: Shouldnt this project be named XF-15T TACTICAL, since its prototype? (just random though)

Edited by taro8

here are the screenshots,the model is useless

you can see the polygons are really messed up

:shok: Edited by Signum

I dont exacly see what is the problem, the faces are ok it only that there is lots of them, but maybe I just cant see the problem?

I messed around with model in milkshape and everything was OK. Please explain it mode clearly so we can help.

post-35457-1231693235_thumb.png

post-35457-1231693254_thumb.png

lol90 needs blueprints to make good model, so here are my "More or less" sketches, any insightful comments will be appreciated. Ill use this to create better ones, so if you see some mistakes correct me.

I had to make new sketches, but i90 sketches helped immensely.

post-35457-1231712734_thumb.png

post-35457-1231712745_thumb.png

post-35457-1231712759_thumb.png

Edited by taro8

I know its sci if but why not stretch the fuselage abit, like the anlarged wing, with this you can eliminate those "too" long gears and you don`t need so much space for this strange "pack" under this bird Make it more aerodynamical!

Ill check size of tac pack to see how much it should be changed.

BTW: If my memory serves me right MiG 1.44 i pretty big plane, am I right?

EDIT: After lots of tries I havent been able to change size without turning TAC into B-52, my brain starts to hurt, Ill go to sleep and maybe next day Ill find some solution.

Edited by taro8

Wow! this ll be awesome! coming together fairly quickly now too!

I know its sci if but why not stretch the fuselage abit, like the anlarged wing, with this you can eliminate those "too" long gears and you don`t need so much space for this strange "pack" under this bird Make it more aerodynamical!

Personally I think the gear is too long anyways, you should be able to lower it and still clear the ground, kind of like the Tornado and the MW-1/JP-233 dispensers, nobody's had issues yet!

hey taro,heres the model,just an f15 done in a few hours!im now going to modifie to your likings.but ill first wait for the front and side

OR FOR F***S SAKE. Is landing gear a hardest part of creating plane. Im starting to think that we should simply add anti-gravity device to this plane and be over with that.

Seriously now: I thinking about changing size of middle part of plane (from end of canopy to engines) and make it wide enough to carry TAC pack and have gear there, but it will be really wide.

Lol90 this is incredible, I cant believe it that something like this can be created in mere hours. Front and side are still WIP because as you can see landing gear decided to strike again (that backstabbing bitch).

Edited by taro8

thanks alot man

here is how far i am with your model,it really looks great your design is beutifull.

i love to see people finally appreciate my work,because some people think they can do better because they are older,i really hate that,because im young wont say im a bad modder,so thanks all who appreciate my work.

again taro's design is really great. :biggrin:

Jester (sorry I'm forget your name you know- I'm sclerotic :biggrin:) - great!

You are VERY GOOD!

Age is not important.

Edited by Signum

Man this is incredible, you have bright future in modeling. This and many other things are not matter of age but talent, Im 21 years old but I cant even draw straight line by hand.

As for tactical: AWESOME job. However the canards have wrong shape, angle and are too small check my in-progress sketches (or just I cant see it)

And advice for future check 3Dmax Im certain that there is option that allows you to take screenshot of selected window, if it saves in bmp format open it in paint and save in jpeg or png format. This will reduce file size and it will be shown on forum.

Edited by taro8

lol i actually made the whole model wrong,because i lookt at the old blueprint from you taro :rofl:

anyway heres the f15 tactical updated,really taking shape

BTW the canards where indeed to small and they werent the right shape

post-29376-1231796351_thumb.png

Edited by lol90

YUCK... I just got droll all over my keyboard :crazy: . Your skills are incredible lol (whats your real name?). Could you give us top view because the wings have somewhat odd shape (or its just this perspective).

OK everyone, there is slight change in plans: We decided to to release first model with standard F-15 landing gear (dont worry bitch Ill get ya!) as XF-15T, it will be first prototype unable to equip TAC packs. Its good idea because well learn what need to be done in order to make plane usable in WoE. After that F-15 TACTICAL will be created.

As for back story for this:

"The XF-15T was prototype that was developed by WRI in order to test various ways to improve fighters capabilities, much like F-15 S/MTD. It had some bugs that werent fully worked out but it still was great fighter plane. XF-15T prototype plane was later used as base to create F-15T TACTICAL "Type R", a test type plane. New version has been made capable to equip TACTICAL packs, unfortunately this one had lots of bugs. That was reason why another test type fallowed "Type L", most bugs were worked out and plane had better performance. After gathering data from both test types, the production type was build. F-15 TACTICAL "Type S" a.k.a. "Gespenst" was incredible plane capable equipping TAC pack, operating from carriers and was geared with ARCS (Active Radar Camouflage System)."

BTW: lol are you from netherlands?

Edited by taro8

my name is jester and im from the netherlands.i wont be doin any modeling wednesday because i go on vacation,i will be gone for 17 hours.

the wing were indeed a little weird,i fixt that

before and after.

post-29376-1231858783_thumb.png

post-29376-1231858815_thumb.png

Edited by lol90

Small update for our work:

I FINALLY figured out how to deal with landing gear (bitch put up quite a fight but I managed to subdue her liontamerbycookiemagikhh2.gif), I decided to rework F-15 properly with turned out to be like doing puzzles.

post-35457-1231955899_thumb.png

Currently Im working on wings and I must admit that I have some strange skilz: I managed to turn multi purpose fighter craft into "Tactical-Strategic Bomber-Fighter Hybrid" (I should patent this :biggrin: ), not that its bad but still its weird. Ill put top view soon.

Edited by taro8