Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

October 2008 patches for ALL ThirdWire Sims has been released.

There's another update (WOV_Oct 2008a.exe) at the TW site. :biggrin:

Fixes a problem with the HUD in EASY mode, I think.

Guest pfunkmusik

Crap. From the size of the download, you'd think SFP1 is a whole new game.

pfunk

Question for ya.

My WOE install is over 10gb. Start with a fresh install for the new patch and drag and drop over yes? Tried that last patch and had all kinds of problems.

Hate to have to redownload every damn thing.

ST

My WOE install is 15GB, drag mods only minus any .dll's and it works fine.

Fire up your download managers again.

There is now a "B," for if you likey the tree...

:biggrin:

I'll wait a day, then I update my upload of the Oct 2008 patch. :wink:

Hi guys, long time no see!

Quick and stupid question....

I got a sep08 HEAVILY modded install, do you guys know which files have been updated in oct08b?

This way I could patch a phantom-clean install and drag them over the modded sep08 and les jeux sont fait!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers everybody!

I've finally yielded and went on and installed the October B WOE patch - but strangely, all my WOE weapons have disappeared I think... I mean, I don't have any weapon packs at all, it's just the later versions of the default ingame missiles which are gone, like the AGM-65D, or rockets like the Matra 155... Oh, and what the heck is up with the aircraft year range? I have a much wider range in the aircraft's data file than WOE allows me to get... any ideas how to fix it? Everything else works like a million bucks...

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

Did you patch directly over your modded install? Gawd help you if you did. You didn't read the VERY FIRST post in this thread?

Your Options.ini has probably changed.

In addition, you NEED to use the newest weapons editor. There are A TON of threads that came out about this very issue when the Oct 08 patch hit the streets.

FC

The beauty of WOE, and I guess it's predecessors too, is that I don't even have it installed - I DO have some extras in the folders though (planes and 1 explosion FX mod). I've never used any weapons editor though because I've never installed any weaponspack or anything - just kept using the default WOE weapons (yeah, modifying some of the aircraft data files has been necessary just to make them minimally useful with WOE ingame weapons).

Guess I'll try to install the game anew and then patch it up, hope that fixes the weapons part...

As for the aircraft year availability, it's very strange... I have like intervals from 1980 to say 2020 but there it's locked from 1980 to 1985... only when I changed the start year to 1986 did it change the interval from 1986 to 1991... very strange indeed... :blink: hope that gets fixed when I install it...

Edit: Ok, so I went and reinstalled WOE, patched it up... and the problems remain. Still no default WOE AGM-65D's and still limitations regarding years of aircraft availability. :blowup:

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

Just discovered something, Matra 155's seem to have been relegated to UK airforce arsenal from NATO, so if you set UK armaments in your aircraft data file, you should be able to get the Matra 155 rockets as option. :ok:

Still at a loss about the AGM-65D's though... :dntknw:

I use the latest CA community weaps pack and I have all the mavs, jdams, SDB's Paveways, harpoons tactic rainbows, ALL the goodies im patched to oct 08 on all my WO*

I'm sure I have the AGM-65D too since I had it before without any weaponspack, just that I can't select it as armament for single missions anymore - and before I could... That's what troubles me... oh and the segmentation of the aircraft availability is also annoying!!! :fool:

This patch goes totally against the logic: "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!".