Sign in to follow this  

How do I disable the labels on aircraft and ground/sea targets once i apply the oct 2008 patches for all TW sims? I would like to disable them so it would be more realistic.

What labels are you talking about?

Talking bout the new patch as of today.... :good: It gives you labels.

Set your HUD display to normal or hard in the gameplay options.

Hey,also to take some nice screenshots you can ALT+D a couple times to remove those on screen cones too,during your flight.

post-22385-1225273932_thumb.jpg

one more thing: after applying the oct '08 patch, my F-86F-15 Sabre lost the chequered tail and other markings. Why is is this so?

It's an older mod,meaning it was made more than 3 months ago right?So,probably latest patch messed with the Decals .tga files.On how to fix,I would goto into the sticky:Sept 08 patch Official thread 1st and see if there's a fix ok?If not,seek the ones labeled Modders and have ready info on who?when?and where?did you get that aircraft mod from.

OMG labels!!!! Finally I'll see the bastards, can't wait to try it out :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Check the path name in the decals ini...sometimes they're set to the wrong "level". The checked tail should be set to Level=0

Labels can also probably be removed via a quick edit of the HUDData ini, but Ihaven't checked this yet. But in the meantime, Alt/D should remove them

btw: Sabre Fs don't have radar ...somebody is playing on "EasyAvionics" :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

I had the same problem and tried to remove the labels but was unsuccessful. I did look into huddata.ini and tweaked a few things but it didn't work. I admit I was using easy avionics but the labels are really slowing my frame rates down. What I wanted to have is just the waypoint counter and triangle symbol and the target box only without the labels just as in the sep 2008 version. I only managed to reduce the labels' fontsize so as it's not intrusive and taking up gfx resources. Here's what i i did:

[Debug]

DisplayDebug=FALSE

TextFontName=Arial

TextSize=12 <--------------------------------this adjusts the fontsize of your info box on the bottom left and right corner of your screen

[smallLabelFont]

TextFontName=Arial

TextSize=1 <----------------------------------reduce this to value to 1: i tried to use 0 but the labels are still there

[Map]

MapDisplayLabels=TRUE <-------------------if its FALSE, I suppose this removes the labels on your in-flight map

[infoDisplay]

BackgroundImage=TextBackground.tga

BottomLeftPosition=0.01,0.985

BottomRightPosition=0.99,0.985

DisplayWidth=0.20

VerticalBorder=0.0015

HorizontalBorder=0.008

EnemyTargetColor=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0

FriendlyTargetColor=0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0

UnknownTargetColor=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0

WaypointColor=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0

TextFile=HUDText.str

NormalColor=1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0

WarningColor1=1.0,1.0,0.0,1.0

WarningColor2=1.0,0.0,0.0,1.0

AGLAltStart=609.6

AGLAltWarning=152.4

I would appreciate it if someone could help me out with this. Thanks.

I brought this up in Thirdwire's WoI forums, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

I knew my habit of leaving all on normal, except for HUD, would bite my arse someday.

Would love a menu setting that says, "just like the 1st 7 years of this series" or some such to return them to as you've described...

I brought this up in Thirdwire's WoI forums, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

I knew my habit of leaving all on normal, except for HUD, would bite my arse someday.

Would love a menu setting that says, "just like the 1st 7 years of this series" or some such to return them to as you've described...

So does this mean there's no solution to this yet? the end of the world then?

interesting...i only have the labels appear on the flight map, and not in flight mode,which is cool.

I love the idea of labels, what I can't understand is why are they not customizable like in LOMAC or il2 :(

interesting...i only have the labels appear on the flight map, and not in flight mode,which is cool.

that's strange..did u use the oct08 patch and play with easy avionics? It's supposed to display labels in flight mode..