Sign in to follow this  
Panama Red

New Oct 08 Cockpit F1 view change

With the new cockpit views under the Sep/Oct 08 patches, is there any thing that I can change to get the old F1 cockpit view back in the new patches ??? The new F2 & F3 cockpit views are okay, but I prefer the older F1 cockpit view where you are not quite as close to the gunsight/instruments and sat back a little bit more.

Any help or hints would be appreciated.

Thanks;

Panama Red

The_Editor:

Will than move my new Sp5 F1 cockpit view back to the same view as the old Sp4 F1 cockpit view ???

It does with mine.

What I did is copy it from an unpatched file, which I keep for WOV/WOE/SFP1.

Have a look at the file and see what GOTO_COCKPIT_FRONT_VIEW=F1 is set to, if it references another key then reset it to F1.

It does with mine.

What I did is copy it from an unpatched file, which I keep for WOV/WOE/SFP1.

Have a look at the file and see what GOTO_COCKPIT_FRONT_VIEW=F1 is set to, if it references another key then reset it to F1.

ditto

I like that much better

Not sure there but isn't position controled via the viewlist.ini entries.

esp. Fov variables and offset for some views have been changed with the patch compared to the SP4 values.

S!

I have tried switching out the "default.ini" and "viewlist.ini" files from my original 2004 WoV CD game and no change on the F1 view, it did however return the original F2 & F3 views, but I do prefer the newer F2 & F3 views. As a result, does anybody have any more ideas on how to get back the original F1 view where you do not sit as close to the gunsight as in the Sp3 and Sp4 versions of Wo"X" ???

Thanks;

Panama Red

As a result, does anybody have any more ideas on how to get back the original F1 view where you do not sit as close to the gunsight as in the Sp3 and Sp4 versions of Wo"X" ???

Thanks;

Panama Red

The answer to your question was stated above by Tannethal.

Not sure there but isn't position controled via the viewlist.ini entries.

esp. Fov variables and offset for some views have been changed with the patch compared to the SP4 values.

S!

Edited by drdoyo

In your viewlist.ini, under

[ViewClass002]

ViewClassName=CockpitViewClass

MaxFOV=120.0

OffsetDistance=0.06 ;I assume this is what you want, change to 0.0

TrackIRUseAbsolutePos=TRUE

jtin:

Thank you. When I modded the "viewlist.ini" that comes with the new Octb08 patch to what you stated above, it brought the original F1 view back. Apparently using the old "viewlist.ini" in the new patch, just did not cut it.

Thanks again;

Panama Red

In your viewlist.ini, under

[ViewClass002]

ViewClassName=CockpitViewClass

MaxFOV=120.0

OffsetDistance=0.06 ;I assume this is what you want, change to 0.0

TrackIRUseAbsolutePos=TRUE

I've never noticed that the offset distance was in the Viewlist. I've always changed it in the cockpit.ini (which was tedious when you have a lot of addons).

Learn something new every day.