Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Accident aboard Russian submarine kills 20

No one is blaming the Russians Gepard, but you have to admit, they have a more accident prone military. It is a well documented fact.

Imagine all the accidents that dont make it to the public

Damn it! My heart goes out to our Russian sailor brothers. My core belief during my navy years was that the sea was our worst adversary. It seams this was a safety mishap more then a sea style tragety. My philosophy in my SAR mode was save them all. Someone else will sort this out. This is really bad being this close to Veterans / Remebrance Day. One day at a round robin session where everybody had to vocalize thier goals for the year, all the kids where talking about more quals and advancement and other ambiteous stuff. My answer was that we all go home to our family, friends, and loved ones for Thanksgiving dinner. I wish this too for all here.

:ph34r: CL

R.I.P

Some weeks ago i was watching at HBO one Russian Submarine Movie with Harrison Ford that he's an Soviet SSM commander and it had one problem at Nuclear Reactor, but they could be saved if they stoped at one NATO's base somewhere over the england.

Somebody know its name?

i think it was based in a real Story, but i don't remembe rwich was the submarine's name...

I was reading a book on the history of the Cold War era Soviet and so decided to do a bit more research on the K-19. The nickname of "Hiroshima" that it got was pretty much on the money.. That damn sub was for one reason or another, a year by year potential disaster. It was amazing that it lasted long enough to be retired from active duty in 1991.

I was reading a book on the history of the Cold War era Soviet and so decided to do a bit more research on the K-19. The nickname of "Hiroshima" that it got was pretty much on the money.. That damn sub was for one reason or another, a year by year potential disaster. It was amazing that it lasted long enough to be retired from active duty in 1991.

That happens when stupid proud are put over people's live....i'm not sure about other nations but i serious doubt some commander would Sacrifice his crew for the nation when it can be easily saved. :blink:

at least for me, proud is save lifes..not take it out.

but...whatever i've wondering too much that i could hehe :good:

Well its a sad thing these people died. No matter what the circumstances.

Seems to be, that, as i expected, the human factor was deciding for the accident. One sailor activated the fire suppression system without need and authorization. Although one comrade of the sailor denied the official version.

Seems to be, that, as i expected, the human factor was deciding for the accident. One sailor activated the fire suppression system without need and authorization. Although one comrade of the sailor denied the official version.

What was he thinking? My god. He caused the needless deaths of 20 people.

The "official" version came out very quickly and put sole blame on one low ranking man. These are old Soviet ways of dealing with a problem, and I doubt that is the real story.

It happens. One of the Pacific nuk stories has a destroyer engine room guy too "lazy" to change a piece of equipment, and it caused the destroyer to be dead in the water in super high radioactivity. True or False we don't know right here.

I don't know the details, but they are buried somewhere here...thousands of stories. I suggest read them all over time.

United States Atomic Veterans ~> http://www.aracnet.com/~pdxavets/news.htm