Sign in to follow this  

Hello All,

For the following air to air missile , Matra R-530R (EMD), what does the EMD stand for? I can't seem to hit anything with this version.

Spiff

Emotionally Mistreated Delinquent?

It was probably not nurtured properly by the famial unit or some other such twaddle.

:biggrin:

I am sure, however, it is French, and thereby uninterpretable. It is also worthless as a missile.

Thus the reason for sentence one.

Repeat...

"Every Missile's a Dud" in my world. I have NEVER hit ANYTHING with this P.O.S., but it usually makes the other guy maneuver until I can get my guns or a heater in range.

EMD is the "nickname" of 'Électronique Marcel Dassault'

EMD have build many electronic device for all Mirage planes (like AIDA II telemtric radar)

:wink:

"Every Missile's a Dud" in my world. I have NEVER hit ANYTHING with this P.O.S., but it usually makes the other guy maneuver until I can get my guns or a heater in range.

I've actually gotten up to a 50% kill rate with this beast. Very narrow engagement parameters of course but within that not too bad.

So have I Typhoid.And my parameters consist of closing in on bogie within 5nm's and get them to make a stupid mistake by flying straight.All the while keeping an eye on the 6 o'clock position.Not my favorite missile but,isn't the worst either.

I only have one kill with this missile, even though i take them on nearly all AA missions.

believe it or not that one kill was just luck, i fired the missile and it just went straight until its motor burnt out. the mig i was chasing's wingman decided to manouver into it as it was falling to the ground lol