Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

Do you fly for your own nation?

I fly every Swedish and German plane I can get my hands on. That does not prevent me from shooting them down if I feel in the mood for it. Actually, chasing a Viggen in a MiG-19 is something people should try :)

((Father Swedish, Mother German :) ))

Edited by tigertompa

Its strange, but now that you mention it, I fly mostly for Germany up until the cold war era. WWI Fokker and Albatros fighters,WWII Bf-109s and Fw190s have always been my choices going all the way back to Air Warrior on AOL. Once we get past the second world war i tend to fly mostly American aircraft, but even some of those are based on German designs, i guess there is something about German craftmanship that appeals to me.

German designs imo looked a lot meaner,rugged,hard. Stuff like the Tiger and Panther tanks,109's,110's and 190's,even the Fokker and Albatros,they all look cool.And who can't appreciate the beautiful camo designs and personal colors of the Jasta's?

I would even go so far as to say their WW2 steel helmet looked the dogs'....

WW1 and 2 simming im going German for the above reasons!

Cold war and modern,RAF for me as i grew up in North Wales and spent my days watching Hawks,Jags and Tornado hooning through the valleys......pure bliss.

If u look at the PASGT Kevlar Helmet that the US Military uses, u can see it closely resembles the WW2 German helmets.

I'd like to add a variation of the original question at this point:

Which WWI period do you prefer flying?

I have a soft spot for the 1915-16 period, creaking round the sky in a plane that is barely faster than a double-decker bus. Marvellous stuff. Now, if we could have Taubes and Bristol Scouts from which to lob bricks and fire rifles at each other, that would make my day.

"Who are you to tell some other person he is wrong or right for how he chooses to run a computer program that he paid for with his own money? That's right, it is not your call"

WRT the above, I'd simply like to point out that I wasn't 'telling' anyone how to play, simply making an observation concerning limiting one's options. And that's my last word on the matter.

I'd like to add a variation of the original question at this point:

Which WWI period do you prefer flying?

I have a soft spot for the 1915-16 period, creaking round the sky in a plane that is barely faster than a double-decker bus. Marvellous stuff. Now, if we could have Taubes and Bristol Scouts from which to lob bricks and fire rifles at each other, that would make my day.

Usually some time during 1917, either Bloody April period, or in the Autumn, when things began to turn against the Germans. In both cases, usually for the Germans, sometimes for the RFC, occaisionally for the French, flying another of my favorites, the Spad 7.

WW1 - 50/50 Germany and British

WW2 BoB/Europe and Med - 75% British, 25% Germany

WW2 Pacific - 75% US, 25% Japanese

WW2 Eastern Front - 99% Germany

IranIraq - Mainly Iranian

WOE - Mostly USAF and RAF

WOI - 100% Israeli

WOV - 100% US

Korea - 99% US, 1% other UN

DACM mod - 50/50 USN and Aggressors

WW1 - 75% Germany, 25% British

WW2 BoB/Europe and Med - 50% Germany, 50% British