I've heard that before - given as the reason why the Trogs were called Trogs! Except these ones were AL-60s instead. Not at all the same aircraft...

Is there a T-28 for SF? We could use them for a bit of what-iffing!

Yep, there is a beta version out by Skunkworks, looks really nice.

I've heard that before - given as the reason why the Trogs were called Trogs! Except these ones were AL-60s instead. Not at all the same aircraft...

Is there a T-28 for SF? We could use them for a bit of what-iffing!

Heres a quick skin of a somewhat faded Rhodie trojan at work.

img00499.jpg

img00506.jpg

If you add the Zambian Mig-21, will not be a hard target for the Hunter?

that dependes on the pilot i guess in vietnam A-1´s gundown a Mig-17 and in israel A-4´s fully load shot down some Mig-21.

That Trog looks good! Where did you say you'd found it?

Here's my next one - assuming permissions, etc - the Cessna 180 from WOV. Rhodaf had two C-185s on strength, and it's an easy enough aircraft to find on the market. Useful little tracker/spotter plane...

The T-28 Trojan is available at Skunkworks, heres the link: http://cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/Skunworks-Beta.html

On the main page they also have the Fiat G-91 Y, the twin engine Gina....hmmmmm!

I have adjusted the tones on the Vampire, I think it looks closer to the real thing now, any comments on the colour, Colour ok?

I think I am going to leave the panel lines as they are, they are not very obvious on the photo's I've seen. What do you think?

img00536.jpg

Also I adjusted the too bright colour tones on the Mozambique Mig-21 (older too bright cammo on Mig in background).

I havent dealt with the decals or the weathering yet.

It's availabile if you need it for Mozambique-Frelimo Combat air patrols against Rhodesian / South African intruders

img00538.jpg

A closer look

img00539.jpg

Edited by gregair

Now then... Colours: I use the following chart for RAF and Commonwealth aircraft:

Dark Earth : 110, 93, 63

Dark Green : 68, 76, 56

Sky/Camotint : 172,177,159 or 171, 180, 161

"Duck Egg Green" : 174, 182, 154

BS381 No1 Sky Blue : 161, 176, 167

Ocean Grey (RAE) : 105, 114, 120

Mixed Grey (1941) : 95, 95, 95 (For guidance only)

Med Sea Grey : 144, 147, 151

Night/Special Night: 27, 27, 27

Mid Stone : 158, 131, 8

Azure Blue : 165, 187, 190

Dark Med Blue : 86, 114, 134

Dark Slate Grey : 97, 99, 82

Ex Dark Sea Grey : 91, 96, 100

Trainer Yellow : 252, 220, 1

Dull Blue : 2, 14, 34

Dull Red : 116, 1, 1

Roundel Blue : 16, 0, 90

Roundel Red : 199, 13, 0

Roundel Orange : 211, 94, 0

Interior Grey-Green: 108, 122, 96

PRU Blue : 82, 104, 115

They seem to look close enough to yours, which are a little more faded.

The Migs look good, but if I were you, I'd add a little Gaussian blur to the layers of camouflage paint to make them look more sprayed-on. And if you'd like, I can knock out serial numbers, national insignia and a decals.ini in a matter of minutes.

One thing I would do if I were you - go into graphics settings and adjust the object detail and texture settings for high and unlimited. Your aircraft will become much clearer and sharper!

Now then... Colours: I use the following chart for RAF and Commonwealth aircraft:

Thanks for that ndicki, I have been looking through the threads to see if I could find some of that info!

I will give that advice a try soon.

Thanks for the offer on the decals, I will probably take you up on that.

Thanks again.

Actually, for Rhodesian aircraft I've used a different dark green - the references I gave are the ones I use for CFS3; here I've used 76, 76, 58. It's a bit less bright.

And I've just uploaded a normal Rhodaf Hunter, without the Sidewinders - it seems to have failed to get into the file announcements, don't know why...

Edited by ndicki

Two new ones today - a Royal Rhodesian Air Force (Pre-1970) Hunter, and a Cessna 180 What-if. There were two C.185s shared between RHODAF, BSAP and INTAF, but nobody seems to know who they actually belonged to, or what they used them for!

Hows the campaign and terrain coming along?

Actually, I did think of this aircraft, but I'm not sure how willing South Africa would have been to give up some of their operational a/c, even to an ally, with their ongoing operations against the ANC and in Angola. Certainly with more money and support going to Rhodesia during this time period would have caused repercussions in South Africa where they would not want to lose any equipment they were currently using.

However, I do like the a/c a lot and it really fits the role well, so I guess I am at a loss as what to do. Right now I am going through the headache of building the terrain, it is going to take a while!

Thank you for the interest though, I'm glad a few people seem to find this idea interesting.

True, they also had an arm embargo placed on them during the years you are setting this campaign, a little thing called Aparthied. They couldn't get planes for themself let alone parting with them. I would say that any SAAF aircraft used would be former/retired prop stuff from WWII, or Korean War. P/F-51, F-86.

I think Veltro2 has an O-2/Cessna 337 in the works,I'm pretty sure the Rhodesian air force used these.

I think Veltro2 has an O-2/Cessna 337 in the works,I'm pretty sure the Rhodesian air force used these.

Yes, he has - but he hasn't answered my PM... They were Reims Cessna 337s with Brownings in pods on the roof!

a little thing called Aparthied...

Never heard of it. Probably anti-Saffa propaganda.

Hows the campaign going?

Hunter is not as fast as Fishbed, but they will fit perfectly I would rather be the one in

the Hunter. Even Sabres clashed with MiG-21 in Kashmere and Alboran and proved a deadly

opponent, in spite of their performance

Any update on this one?? Terrain, planes, skins, something?

Any update on this one?? Terrain, planes, skins, something?

Hey Stratos, It seems everyone has lost interest or are busy with something else.

Can you create or mod anything for this SFP1?

I was thinking we really need a nice terraine for Southern Africa.

Any campaigns could involve a number of countries eg. South African Air Force flew ops in Angola, Zambia and Mozambique. Rhodesia did the same and some ops were flown together in mixed SAAF / Rho AF formations so it could be really interesting.

Also can incorporate Portuguese AF for earlier part of campaigns.

Ordway was busy with a terrain but never finished it.

I can do some average quality skins for the campaign (see earlier in this thread) but someone needs to do the terraign and either mod an existing campain or better yet create a new one.

Campaign examples:

Historical, based on various SAAF, Rho Af and Portuguese missions

Historical, same as above but flying for Angola, Zambia, Mozambique etc.

What if campaign 1: Late 50s to early 60s

What if campaign 2: 2005 to 2015 war of attrition type campaign.

Most of the important historical aircraft and ground objects are already available, just some skin updates for some of them.

Any one out there that can help with this?

Ordway was busy with a terrain but never finished it.

I am back working on the Angola/SW Africa terrain...I just restarted for the fifth time...Dec 2010.