Sign in to follow this  
WombRaider

Combination Weapons Pack 2.52 Issues Thread

hurrah! :victory:

Edited by krizis

Approved. Report issues here or in the file release thread.

FC

PS Unapproved...weapondata.ini is causing CTDs.

Standby.

Yeah i keep getting a Missileobjects.dll error when i try to start either WOI or WOV

Yeah i keep getting a Missileobjects.dll error when i try to start either WOI or WOV

Weapons Pack 2.52 works great and got to see how much better AI a/c are armed.

post-16817-1228475332_thumb.jpg

To AOCbravo:

I have a question- why does this pack contain so many similar (if not the same) entries? For example, there are AA-10, R27 and R-27 folders!!! Such situation is observed for all soviet-russian missiles. Where is the logic here? Not tested other weapons yet. Mine AA missiles were with names without any hyphens (Rxx).

There is mishmash with russian bombs too. Again, your FAB250 and mine FAB250-M46 are the same weapons, as well as FAB500 and FAB500-M54, and many others.

Probably, we (me and Lindr) should organize this pack (the russian part at least) in proper way...

To WDH: the missiles on your screenshot aren't mine.

PS. just for the reference:

post-19379-1228480420_thumb.jpg

Edited by krizis

There was old idea about soviet weps pack. western missiles were overmodelled, soviet undermodelled. There were many flame discussions about this theme here and on Thirdwire forums too.

Here is old link to Soviet A2A weapons pack project discussion for SFP1 series (no flame there :biggrin: ): http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=24967

There was practically no real progress. I had idea but low knowledge to lead this project...

After those flame discussions I get idea, that it is better have seperate soviet weps pack. If somebody wants it, he can try it. If does not like, he can delete it. Red fans will not delete it I suppose :tongue: But this series is not just about western planes and fun. I do not want just shoot Bears, I want fly them too :biggrin:

I think the best way have correct soviet weps is organise them by red fans, becouse they know them (names, performance, skins etc.). Than include them into "mega weps pack" or (or "and") release them as soviet weps pack. These are my ideas about soviet weps.

Just suggestions. If there will be discussion, it is better continue it in upper link to not hi jack this threat.

Edited by kukulino

to kukulino:

now I understand why Lindr decided to publish his own packs. I'm waiting for his suggestions.

Anyway, guys worked hard on mega weps pack (the same for older bunys and TMF and lindr2 packs). In dozens weps it is too easy make some little trobles in weps designations. Pack needs still testing to find troubles (if there are). Really dozens weps are there.

So BIG THANKS to all whose compilled weps packs (modders, ini gurus, skinners, testers etc) :yes:

Listen folks, the reason there was duplication is because some aircraft loadouts use the NATO designations, some use the Russian designations for the missiles.

There are a couple of ways to rectify the problem.

1) Tweak ALL the aircraft to use one or the other OR

2) Make duplicate entries that in ALL other ways, look exactly the same. An example:

[WeaponData001]

TypeName=AA-10A

FullName=AA-10A Alamo-A

ModelName=AA-10A

etc, etc, etc.

and

[WeaponData002]

TypeName=R-73A

FullName=AA-10A Alamo-A

ModelName=AA-10A

etc, etc, etc.

Note the ONLY difference is the TypeName. This allows maximum compatability with all aircraft.

You all need to get your sierra together to come up with standardized common Weapondata entries to make this work well.

FC

Sorry that I have been away for a while. Had to pretty much replace my computer, and I am bringing things back online. In the plus column though, I am now computing on a 42 inch LG big screen. The resolutions are amazing, wish this sim played in HD!

This is why I was waiting to release everything to the public. There are many issues that I needed to fix, and I was completely unaware that AOC bravo went and released the pack. I have not downloaded it, but I better get some credit for all the folder editing that I had done! He also made it a zip file, instead of a nice big installer, that would have been HALF the size of his zip.

Well, anyway, I guess I will keep my project to myself. Thanks for all of your efforts Krizis, and Lindr2. I look forward to any of your work in the future.

Warren

Sorry that I have been away for a while. Had to pretty much replace my computer, and I am bringing things back online. In the plus column though, I am now computing on a 42 inch LG big screen. The resolutions are amazing, wish this sim played in HD!

This is why I was waiting to release everything to the public. There are many issues that I needed to fix, and I was completely unaware that AOC bravo went and released the pack. I have not downloaded it, but I better get some credit for all the folder editing that I had done! He also made it a zip file, instead of a nice big installer, that would have been HALF the size of his zip.

Well, anyway, I guess I will keep my project to myself. Thanks for all of your efforts Krizis, and Lindr2. I look forward to any of your work in the future.

Warren

Yes you did get credit Warren, I was only listed as an assistant in the readme.

Edited by AOCbravo2004

in regards to AOCBravo's weps pack...

Hey uh... does this pack lack effects? I've been dropping nukes with no flash or explosion, ive fired sparrows and shrikes with no flame or smoke trails... Some bombs have no explosion effects..

Some weps just dont act ryt... I've also been having truble spotting sams as they launch...

Whats up with that? Thnks

I've tried using stock and Explosion Effects 2 and 3...

Oh by the way... im starting my sim from scratch as i want only one weps pack installed...

Edited by ShinKazama88

in regards to AOCBravo's weps pack...

Hey uh... does this pack lack effects? I've been dropping nukes with no flash or explosion, ive fired sparrows and shrikes with no flame or smoke trails... Some bombs have no explosion effects..

Some weps just dont act ryt... I've also been having truble spotting sams as they launch...

Whats up with that? Thnks

I've tried using stock and Explosion Effects 2 and 3...

Oh by the way... im starting my sim from scratch as i want only one weps pack installed...

eff_fix.rar

copy pacticlesystem.INI to Fight folder, nuke effects to effects folder.

I have noticed that my KAB series russian LGB's don't show up on the racks, any ideas???

To Krizis:

In the last Wep pack i couldn't find the Python3 and the S-5. But i found an unexpected UB-8 rocket pod from you i think. For that last one i didn't find the correct data for the rockets placement in the pod. I don't know if there will be an other WP, but if not could you help the community with these issues please ?

Your work is amazing, i hope you have other projects !!

Thank's in advance.

Yes, there are a lot of bugs in the current release. Python3 and S-5 haven't been included yet. You can see the list of my weapons above in this thread (hope you will recognize them easily).

For my UB-8M1's:

Rocket01Position=-0.080700,-0.150000,0.199500

Rocket02Position=-0.160800,-0.150000,0.143000

Rocket03Position=-0.207600,-0.150000,0.056800

Rocket04Position=-0.211200,-0.150000,-0.041200

Rocket05Position=-0.171100,-0.150000,-0.130600

Rocket06Position=-0.095400,-0.150000,-0.192900

Rocket07Position=0.000000,-0.150000,-0.215200

Rocket08Position=0.095500,-0.150000,-0.192800

Rocket09Position=0.171100,-0.150000,-0.130500

Rocket10Position=0.211200,-0.150000,-0.041000

Rocket11Position=0.207500,-0.150000,0.056900

Rocket12Position=0.160700,-0.150000,0.143100

Rocket13Position=0.086000,-0.150000,0.199500

Rocket14Position=-0.050400,-0.150000,0.103800

Rocket15Position=-0.112600,-0.150000,0.025400

Rocket16Position=-0.090100,-0.150000,-0.072200

Rocket17Position=0.000000,-0.150000,-0.115400

Rocket18Position=0.090300,-0.150000,-0.071900

Rocket19Position=0.112500,-0.150000,0.025800

Rocket20Position=0.050000,-0.150000,0.104000

Note that my UB-8's are intended to be used with ONLY my S-8 rockets (viz. S-8KOM, S-8T and S-8BM). Otherwise, you will get visual problems.

PS. I am in contact with AOCBravo. Hope all bugs will be fixed soon.

Edited by krizis

.Lod file missing, i think.

sometimes winrar or 7zip jump some files in the archive they extract.

try to re-unzip all the files jumping the ones you already have

I have noticed that my KAB series russian LGB's don't show up on the racks, any ideas???

what KABs? (models names please)

Warren

Hello Warren,

I noticed there was no installer, and thought maybe the individuals working on this project decided not to include one.

The installer is a brilliant idea. With 2.52, I suddenly had 1200+ folders, AND the individual files. Felt a little confused, no readme, so I didn't know exactly what to do, besides drop the folders in.

I don't know what happened that caused this to be released before you were ready. We get impatient sometimes. I think the team effort was the part that was making this so incredible.

I hope you will not abandon this project completely. Or barring that, that you will share your final efforts with us.

Thanks everyone for your efforts.

That's weird?Because,I not having of these kinda of problems at all.Got a feeling it's the way their installing them.If effects is your problem,get the effects/explosion enhancement mod.I installed 2.52 WP on a heavy modded installation of SFP1/WOV/WOE combination.Be specific on with weapon is not showing up on what a/c your using.

These people put a lot of work into to this and it's simply not a feat done with an idle mind.Congrats on a great weapons pack!

Edited by WDH

That's weird?Because,I not having of these kinda of problems at all.Got a feeling it's the way their installing them.If effects is your problem,get the effects/explosion enhancement mod.I installed 2.52 WP on a heavy modded installation of SFP1/WOV/WOE combination.Be specific on with weapon is not showing up on what a/c your using.

These people put a lot of work into to this and it's simply not a feat done with an idle mind.Congrats on a great weapons pack!

Same here. Well done!

Men you not understand situation: these guy take my weapons and changed some ini entries of them without any report.

This is my on post pack support topic.

Today I attentively looked on weapondata.ini

Look's like you changed effects names for my weapons and on some others.

But these effects are not included in pak, and has no links, no refs of them.

It's a BIG problem for Pack USERS...

IMHO If you change something in my ini, it seems to you must report me about it, or write about it in readme...

I they like some non-standart effects, they must include effects in pack, give link of this.

But some peoples dont want use this effect, IMHO must have 2 versions INI with standart effects & Extended, and of course this info must be in readme.

I find another bugs on pack (missing ini (LOD's without ini), wrong ini, i send PM to autors).

Maybe I'm not right, but it's my POV.