ghostrider883

Confessions of a terrorist

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajmal_Qasab

STORY OF AJMAL

Statement of accused

Mohd Ajmal Amir Qasab;

Age 21 yrs.

R/O - Faridkot, Tehsil -Dipalpur, Dist -Ukada, State - Suba Punjab , Pakistan

I am as above and reside at the above given address since my birth. I have studied up to 4th standard from Government Primary School .

After leaving school in 2000, I went to Lahore . My brother Afzal stays at galli No. 54, R.No. 12, Mohalla Tohit Abad, near Yadgar Minar, Lahore . I did labour jobs at different places till 2005. During that period I used to visit my native place. In the year 2005, I had a quarrel with my father. Therefore, I left my house and went to Ali Hajveri Darbar at Lahore .

At the said place, the boys who had run away from their houses are kept. From there, the boys are sent to different places for employment. One day when I was there, a person by name Shafiq came there and took me with him. He was in the catering business. He was from Zhelam. I started working with him on daily wages. I was given Rs 120 per day. After some days my salary was increased up to Rs 200 per day. I worked with him till 2007.

While I was working with Shafiq, I came in contact with one Muzaffar Lal Khan, aged 22 years, r/o Village -Romiya, Tehsil & Dist -Atak, State - Sarhad , Pakistan . As we were not getting enough money, we decided to carry out robbery / dacoity at some place so that we will get a large amount. As such we left the job.

Thereafter we went to Rawalpindi . We hired a flat at Bangash Colony, Rawalpindi , and started residing in it. Afzal had located a house where he thought we would get a large amount.

He had surveyed the said place and drawn a map of the said place. We required some fire-arms for our purpose. Afzal told me that he could get some fire-arms at his native place, but it was very risky, as there was frequent checking at his native place.

While we were in search of fire-arms we saw some LeT stalls at Raja bazaar, Rawalpindi , on the day of Bakri-id. We thought that, even if we procured fire-arms, we could not operate them. Therefore, we decided to join LeT for weapon training.

After making enquiries we reached LeT office. In the LeT office we met a person. We told him that we wanted to join LeT. He made some enquiry with us, noted our names and address and told us to come on next day.

On the next day, we went to LeT office and met the same man. One more person was present with him.

He gave us Rs 200 and some receipt. Then he gave us the address of a place called Marqas Taiyyaaba, Muridke, and told us to go to the said place where LeT is having their training camp. As directed, we went to the said place by bus. We showed the receipt given to us at the gate of the camp. We were allowed inside. At the entry gate, our details were filled up on two forms. Then we were taken to the actual camp area. At the said place, initially we were selected for 21 days training called Daura-Sufa. From the next day, we started attending training. The daily programme was as mentioned below.

04.15: Wake up call and thereafter namaz

08.00: Breakfast

08.30-10.00: Lecture on Hadis and Quran by Mufti Sayyed

10.00-12.00: Rest

12.00-13.00: Lunch Break

13.00-14.00: Namaz

14.00-16.00: Rest

16.00-18.00: PT and Game Instructor Fadulla

18.00-20.00: Namaz and other work

20.00-21.00: Dinner

After completion of the above said training, we were selected for another training called Daura-Ama. The said training was also for 21 days. We were then taken in a vehicle to a place called Mansera, Buttal Village . At the said place, we were given training of all weapons for 21 days. The daily programme was as mentioned below.

04.15 - 05.00: Wake up call and thereafter namaz

05.00-6.00: PT Instructor abu Anas

08.30-11.30: Weapons training. Trainer Abdul Rehman, Weapons AK-47, Green-O, SKS, Uzi gun, pistol, revolver

11.30-12.00: Rest

12.00-13.00: Lunch break

14.00-16.00: Rest

16.00-18.00: PT

After completing the said training, we were told that, we will be given the next advance training, but for that purpose we have to do some Khidmat for two months (Khidmat is a sort of service in the said camp as per the trainees' liking). We agreed to do the Khidmat for two months.

After two months, I was allowed to go to meet my parents. I stayed with my parents for one month. Thereafter, I went to LeT camp situated at Shaiwainala, Muzzafarabad, for further advanced training. At that place, they took my photographs and filled up some forms. Then we were taken to Chelabandi pahadi area for training called Duara-khas. The said training was for 3 months. The training included PT, handling of all weapons and firing practice of the said weapons, training of handling of hand grenade, rocket launchers and mortars. The daily programme was as mentioned below.

04.15-05.00: Wake up call and thereafter namaz

05.00-06.00: PT Instructor Abu Mawiya

08.30-11.30: Weapons training handling of all weapons and firing practices of the said weapons, training of handling of hand grenade, rocket launchers and mortars, Green-O, SKS, Uzi gun, pistol, revolver, Hand grenade, rocket launchers. Trainer Abu Mawiya

11.30-12.00: Rest

12.00-13.00: Lunch Break

14.00-16.00: Weapon training and firing practice. Lecture on Indian security agencies

16.00-18.00: PT

At the said place 32 persons were present for training.

Out of these 32 trainees, 16 were selected for some confidential operation by one Zaqi-ur-Rehman Chacha. Out of these 16 trainees 3 trainees ran away from the camp. The above said chacha then sent the remaining 13 of us along with a person called Kafa to the above said earlier camp at Muridke. At Muridke, we were taught swimming and getting acquainted with the environment experienced by a fisherman on a sea.

We did some experimental tours by launches on the sea. During the said training, we were given lectures on working of Indian security agencies. We were shown the clippings highlighting the atrocities on Muslims in India .

After completing the said training, we were allowed to go to our native places. For seven days, I stayed with my family members. After seven days I went to the LeT camp at Muzzafarabad.

The above said 13 of us were present for training. Thereafter, as per the instructions of Zaki-ur-Rehman, the above said Kafa took us to camp at Muridke. At the said camp again we underwent the training of swimming and getting acquainted with the environment and experience on sea. The training continued for one month.

During the said training, we were given the lectures on India and its security agencies, including RAW. We were also given the training on how to evade the chase by security personnel. We were strictly instructed not to make phone calls to Pakistan after reaching India .

The names of the persons present for the said training are as mentioned below.

Mohd Azmal aka Abu Muzahid

Ismail aka Abu Umar

Abu Ali

Abu Aksha

Abu Umer

Abu Shoeb

Abdul Rehman (Bada)

Abdul Rehman (Chhota)

Afadulla

Abu Umar

After completion of training, Zaki-ur-Rehman aka Chacha selected 10 of us and formed 5 teams each having two persons on 15 Sept 2008. My team included myself and Ismail. Our code name was VTS team. We were then shown the site 'Google Earth' on Internet. On the same site, we were shown the information about Azad Maidan, Mumbai, how and where to get down at Mumbai. We were shown the film on VT railway station and the film showing the commuters moving around at rush hours at VT railway station.

We were instructed to carry out the firing at rush hours in the morning between 7 to 11 hours and between 7 to 11 hours in the evening. Then kidnap some persons, take them to the roof of some nearby building. After reaching at the roof top, we were to contact chacha. After that, chacha would give the telephone or mobile no of electronic media. We were then to contact the media persons on the same phone. And as per the instructions received from chacha, we would make demands for releasing the hostages. This was the general strategy decided by our trainers.

The date fixed for the said operation was 27th Sept 2008. However, the operation was cancelled for some reason. We stayed at Karachi . Again we made practice of travelling by speed boats on the sea. We stayed there upto 23rd Nov 2008. The other teams were as mentioned below.

2nd Team

1) Abu Aksha

2) Abu Umar

3rd Team

1) Bada Abdul Rehman

2) Abu Ali

4th Team

1) Chhota Abdul Rehman

2) Afadulla

5th Team

1) Shoeb

2) Abu Umer

On 23rd Nov 2008, the above said teams including our team left from Azizabad, Karachi along with Zaki-ur-Rehman aka Chacha and Kafa. We were taken to the nearby sea shore. At 04.15 hours we reached the sea shore. At the sea shore we boarded a launch. After traveling for 22 to 25 nautical miles we met a bigger launch in the sea. We boarded the said launch and after journey of 1 hour we boarded a bigger ship by name Al-Huseini in the deep sea. While boarding the said ship, each of us was given a sack containing 8 grenades, one AK-47 rifle, 200 cartridges, 2 magazines and one cell phone for communication.

Then we started towards Indian coast. When we reached Indian waters, the crew members of Al-Huseini ship hijacked one Indian launch. The seamen from the said launch were shifted to Al-Huseini ship. We were then boarded the hijacked Indian ship. One Indian seaman was kept along with us.

At the gun point, he took us towards the Indian coast. After journey of about 3 days, we reached near sea shore of Mumbai . While we were at some distance from the shore, Ismail and Afadulla killed the Indian seaman, (Tandel) at the basement of the said Indian launch. Then we boarded floatable dinghi and reached Budwar Park Jetty as per the instructions received earlier.

After getting down at Budwar Park , I went along with Ismail to VT railway stn by taxi.

After reaching the hall of VT railway stn. We, i.e. Ismail and myself, went to the common toilet, took out the weapons from our sacks, loaded them, came out of toilet and started firing indiscriminately towards the passengers.

Suddenly one police officer in uniform came towards us and opened fire. In retaliation, we threw hand grenades towards him and also opened fire towards him. Then we went inside the railway stn threatening the commuters and randomly firing at them.

Then we came out of the railway stn and started searching for a building with roof top. But we did not find a suitable building. Therefore, we entered a lane. Then we entered a building and went upstarts. On 3rd or 4th floor we searched for hostages but we found that the said building was a hospital and not a residential building. Therefore we started coming down.

At that time policemen started firing at us. As such we threw some grenades towards them. When we were coming out of the hospital premises, we suddenly saw one police vehicle passing in front of us. Therefore, we took shelter behind a bush.

Another vehicle passed in front of us and stopped at some distance. One police officer got down from the said vehicle and started firing at us. One bullet hit my hand and my AK-47 dropped down. I bent to pick it up when second bullet hit me on the same hand. I got injured. Ismail opened fire at the officers who were in said vehicle. They got injured and firing from their side stopped.

We waited for some time and then went towards the said vehicle. Three bodies lying there. Ismail removed the three bodies and drove the said vehicle. I sat next to him. While we were moving in the said vehicle, some police men tried to stop us. Ismail opened fire towards them while we were on the move; our vehicle got punctured near a big ground by the side of road. Ismail got down from the driver seat, stopped a car at the gun point and removed the three lady occupants from the said car. Then Ismail carried me to the car and sat me inside as I was injured. Then he drove the said car.

While we were moving in the said car, we were stopped on the road near sea shore. Ismail fired towards them. Some policemen got injured. Police also opened fire towards us. Due to the police firing Ismail got injured. Then police removed us to some hospital. In the hospital I came to know that Ismail succumbed to the injuries he has sustained.

Thank you for keeping us all up to date with this Ghostrider. It seems a very complete confession, lets hope these people, times and places can be corroborated and prove useful for future counter terrorism planning. Knowing your enemy better than they know themselves is key to winning, we need to know where these terrorists train, how and who trains them. I didn't expect such swift results considering the length of time suspects like Al Libi spun webs of lies to interrogators, hopefully this youth has cracked and perhaps even regrets his decisions, if so this may well be a crucial piece of evidence in the war against terror.

It is also reported that he expressed to Indian police his willingness to switch loyalties, saying: "If you give me regular meals and money I will do the same that I did for them".

I don't care if he betrayed terrorists, he's a rat: a man who switches loyalties once is more often than not wont to do it again. I don't want to see that vermin in a position where he could skulk back to his former masters and claim the wicked Indians forced him to inform; money and food had nothing to do with it.

He is also quoted as saying "I have done right, I have no regrets".

You can forgive me if I take a somewhat dim view of that. He should be hanged.

Edited by Longestpants

I didn't expect such swift results considering the length of time suspects like Al Libi spun webs of lies to interrogators, hopefully this youth has cracked and perhaps even regrets his decisions, if so this may well be a crucial piece of evidence in the war against terror.

The captured terrorist is a 21-year old youngster. They were made to believe that they would successfully get away after carrying out the attacks(at least some of them, some were to hold hostages and negotiate for release of captured terrorists in Indian jails) and that they would be paid money on their return. So getting captured was a rude shock for him. When he was captured and being treated at the hosptial, he was pleading that he be allowed to live.

Edited by ghostrider883

The captured terrorist is a 21-year old youngster.

In my country that qualifies him as an adult and able to receive the death penalty. LOL, he was told they'd be able to get away. Well of course he was! It's really, really hard to recruit people when you tell them they'll be captured or be killed. I don't feel bad for the guy, I hope they hang him.

Of course, that's one reason why they prefer suicide attacks so much..."dead men tell no tales." It's well known that terrorists tend to crack faster than true soldiers or spies, partly because of the brief training they get and partly because, well, if you think God is on your side nothing you could say can hurt His plan, can it?

FBI winds up Mumbai probe, unearths Pak role

LeT is a monster that ISI created

Taliban pledges to support Pak in war against India

Hunted by the United States and NATO forces for committing acts of terror in Afghanistan, the Taliban on Tuesday said they would back the Pakistan Army by deploying hundreds of suicide bombers in case of any military action with India.

This inspite of the supposed great "anti-terror" operations against Taliban by Pakistani forces :rolleyes: . IMO, it tells a lot about the nexus between Pakistan & Taliban that India has been claiming, which the world chose to ignore.

The Pakistani govt is openly denying that the captured terrorist is a Pakistani claiming that there is no "record" of his existence in their "database" ,inspite of the guy's father accepting on Pakistani tele-media that the guy is his son. Former Pakistani PM Nawaz Sharif too accepted that the guy is a Pakistani.

Edited by ghostrider883

Makes me wonder why someone in the West would allow Pakistan to have nukes... I mean, it's a toss-up as to which country's more unstable and more viable to push a red button - Pakistan, which already has nukes, but says it has no intention of using it, but whose arsenal seems to be up for grabs to any (homegrown!!!) terrorist group, or Iran, which doesn't have nukes yet, but thru Mr Imadinnerjacket's statements leaves no doubt in anybody as to the country's possible resolution in using such an arsenal should it ever posess one...

Makes me wonder why someone in the West would allow Pakistan to have nukes... I mean, it's a toss-up as to which country's more unstable and more viable to push a red button - Pakistan, which already has nukes, but says it has no intention of using it, but whose arsenal seems to be up for grabs to any (homegrown!!!) terrorist group, or Iran, which doesn't have nukes yet, but thru Mr Imadinnerjacket's statements leaves no doubt in anybody as to the country's possible resolution in using such an arsenal should it ever posess one...

allow?

I didn't know anyone outside of Pakistan had a choice in that.

The Martyrs of Mumbai have been awarded the Ashok Chakra. Their next of kin were awarded the citation & medal during the Republic Day celebrations today.(http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/IAF/Awards/awaac.htm)

SHRI HEMANT KAMLAKAR KARKARE, JOINT COMMISSIONER OF POLICE, MAHARASHTRA (POSTHUMOUS)

On 26th November 2008 at 9:40 PM, Shri Hemant Kamlakar Karkare, Joint Commissioner of Police and Chief of the Anti-Terrorist Squad, received information about a terrorist attack at Chhatrapati Sivaji Terminus Railway Station, Mumbai.

Acting swiftly, Shri Karkare dispatched teams to plug the possible escape routes and himself alongwith a small team rushed to Cama Hospital where the terrorists had moved by then. A firefight ensued between the terrorists and the police team. As a result, the terrorists were forced to change their position. Shri Karkare pursued the terrorists but in the process his jeep got ambushed and he was critically injured. He however, continued to lead the operation and succeeded in injuring one of the terrorists.

Shri Hemant Kamlakar Karkare displayed courage and leadership of the highest order in fighting the terrorists and made the supreme sacrifice for the nation.

SHRI TUKARAM GOPAL OMBALE ASSISTANT, SUB-INSPECTOR OF POLICE, MAHARASHTRA (POSTHUMOUS)

On 26th November 2008, Shri Tukaram Gopal Ombale, Asstt. Sub Inspector of Police was on night duty at D B Marg Police Station when the terrorist attack in Mumbai took place.

Around midnight, a wireless message was flashed that two terrorists were moving towards Marine Drive in a car. Shri Ombale immediately positioned barricades to block its passage. As soon the car stopped, one of the terrorists inside the car opened fire. Shri Ombale in a daring act rushed to the left side of the car and pounced on one of the terrorists in order to snatch his AK 47 rifle. In the process he got seriously injured and later succumbed to his injuries.

Shri Tukaram Gopal Ombale showed raw grit and unparalleled courage in making his supreme sacrifice while fighting the terrorists.

IC-58660, MAJOR SANDEEP UNNIKRISHNAN, BIHAR REGIMENT / 51 SPECIAL ACTION GROUP (POSTHUMOUS)

Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan led the commando operation launched on 27th November 2008 to flush out terrorists from Hotel Taj Mahal, Mumbai in which he rescued 14 hostages.

During the operation, his team came under intense hostile fire, in which one of his team members got grievously injured. Major Sandeep pinned down the terrorists with accurate fire and rescued the injured commando to safety. In the process, he was shot in his right arm. Despite his injuries, he continued to fight the terrorists till his last breath.

Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan displayed most conspicuous bravery besides camaraderie and leadership of the highest order and made the supreme sacrifice for the nation.

4073611, HAVILDAR GAJENDER SINGH, PARACHUTE REGIMENT / 51 SPECIAL ACTION GROUP (POSTHUMOUS)

In the night of 27th November 2008, Havildar Gajender Singh was leading his squad in the operation to rescue hostages from the terrorists at Nariman House, Mumbai.

After clearing the top floor of the terrorists, he reached the place where the terrorists had taken position. As he closed in, the terrorists hurled a grenade injuring him. Undeterred, he kept firing and closing in on the terrorists by exposing himself to the hostile fire. In the act, he injured one of the terrorists and forced the others to retreat inside a room. He continued the encounter till he succumbed to his injuries.

Havildar Gajender Singh displayed most conspicuous courage against grave odds and made the supreme sacrifice for the nation in combating the terrorists.

SHRI ASHOK MARUTRAO KAMTE, ADDITIONAL COMMISSIONER OF POLICE, MAHARASHTRA (POSTHUMOUS)

On 26th November 2008, ten heavily armed terrorists launched simultaneous attacks at various places in Mumbai.

Shri Ashok Marutrao Kamte, Addl. Commissioner of Police was part of the police team which rushed to Cama Hospital where the terrorists had moved in. A firefight ensued between the terrorist and the police team. As a result, the terrorists were forced to change their position. The Police team pursued the terrorists but in the process their jeep got ambushed and Shri Kamte was critically injured. He however, continued the fight and played key role in injuring one of the terrorists.

Shri Ashok Marutrao Kamte displayed courage and leadership of the highest order in fighting the terrorists and made the supreme sacrifice for the nation.

SHRI VIJAY SHAHADEV SALASKAR INSPECTOR, ANTI EXTORTION CELL OF CRIME BRANCH, MAHARASHTRA (POSTHUMOUS)

On 26th November 2008, ten heavily armed terrorists launched simultaneous attacks at various places in Mumbai.

Shri Vijay Shahadev Salaskar, Inspector, Anti Extortion Cell of Crime Branch was part of the police team rushed to Cama Hospital where the terrorists had moved in. A firefight ensued between the terrorist and the police team. As a result, the terrorists were forced to change their position. The Police team pursued the terrorists but in the process their jeep got ambushed and Shri Kamte and Shri Salaskar was critically injured. He however, continued the fight and played key role in injuring one of the terrorists.

Shri Vijay Shahadev Salaskar showed raw grit and unparalleled courage against grave odds and made the supreme sacrifice for the nation.

Salute the brave men & their families :salute: :Salute: :salute:

250px-Flag_of_India.svg.png

155px-Flag_of_the_Indian_Army.svg.png

150px-Ensign_of_the_Indian_Air_Force.svg.png

188px-Naval_Ensign_of_India.svg.png

In~cg.gif

National_Security_Guards.jpg

Indian_Triservices_Crest.jpg

Edited by ghostrider883