Sign in to follow this  
Guest 531_Ghost

Cockpits...

Guest 531_Ghost

Okay, who's got one? And if ya do, let's see it. Here's mine...

IMG_0282.jpg

Thats sweet!

lol, I see a copy of Pacific Fighters in there :fans: That pit is awesome, girlfriend would never see me again!

Guest 531_Ghost

Thanks! Soooooo I'm the only one here with one?

I had one in Germany, but it got pretty beat up on the move back, so I scrapped it.

Maybe, one day again...

Thanks! Soooooo I'm the only one here with one?

I have one, but it looks a lot like a desk or a kitchen table with a laptop on it and a Saitek Aviator on one side. Not too impressive in pictures.

Guest 531_Ghost

Updated version...

post-5197-1230640901_thumb.jpg

post-5197-1230640919_thumb.jpg

Updated version...

After wiping the drool off my face (want it!). Very nice set up.

Guest 531_Ghost

So I'm still the only one here (Combat Ace) with one?

I wish I could have my own cockpit but I don't have the room for it and I also use my computer til so many other game genres

Now that is nice !

Maybe you're just the only one who'll admit having one? :wink:

VERY impressive :yes:

Edited by MrCraig41

Talked with one of the guys I go to church with about building one for him. Found out he was a flight sim guy also and on how he has always wanted a 'pit. Now to decide on what style. Ghost's is nice, but I prefer the "bathtub" style where you drop in and it surrounds you more. We'll see.

I do like the dual monitor set-up though!

-S

lol, I see a copy of Pacific Fighters in there :fans: That pit is awesome, girlfriend would never see me again!

Build a 2 place side by side pit. Make her drive. Be her beeny, WSO, bear, or even her beer holder.

She will probably ask you to download the new patch and add ons for your relationship.

:ph34r: CL

So what kind then? F-111? A-6? TF-102? Ka-52? The possibilities!!

I have one, but it looks a lot like a desk or a kitchen table with a laptop on it and a Saitek Aviator on one side. Not too impressive in pictures.
Are you kidding me? Mine looks like a wooden table and a plastic chair :blink: I do have mic and speakers and flight stick :good: Man who could afford something like that how much does that thing cost? Hey Ghost how long did it take you to get the rig like that and the cost? Edited by Viper6

So what kind then? F-111? A-6? TF-102? Ka-52? The possibilities!!

I'm thinking AD-5 / A-1E because I'm mentaly stuck behind a prop.

Or a P-3 Orion or an A3 Skywarrior. With 2 "seats" one would probably get popular enough for a 3rd to want to sit in as a flight engineer, EWO, or TACO.

Enough room for more with all the stuff we manage when we "fly"

:ph34r: CL

I saw 1 in here about 2 months ago it was killer, I would be living in my garage if I set 1 of those up. Although I do have a cablejack and a porta heater in there .hmmm!

Guest 531_Ghost

The entire project took me 3.5-4 hours to assemble and that’s from in the box, to flight. It probably would have taken me less time if I weren’t concerned about cable routing and the little things I concern myself with. I did add (other than my Throttle Quadrant modification) to the bottom of the side and forward panels, (underneath) cable clamps to keep them off the floor.

Pricing? Well:

Now I know what most of you are thinking. A set up like that (Sim Cockpit System FX and Cockpit Seat), that’s got to be way out of my budget. Well, for a limited time, you can get the Cockpit System FX for, holding onto your seat? Is your jaw wired shut?

$89.00!

The Cockpit Seat, $99.00

The entire project took me 3.5-4 hours to assemble and that's from in the box, to flight. It probably would have taken me less time if I weren't concerned about cable routing and the little things I concern myself with. I did add (other than my Throttle Quadrant modification) to the bottom of the side and forward panels, (underneath) cable clamps to keep them off the floor.

Pricing? Well:

Now I know what most of you are thinking. A set up like that (Sim Cockpit System FX and Cockpit Seat), that's got to be way out of my budget. Well, for a limited time, you can get the Cockpit System FX for, holding onto your seat? Is your jaw wired shut?

$89.00!

The Cockpit Seat, $99.00

Wow! What a great price!!