Sign in to follow this  
SidDogg

@ CA_Stary.....

Hey.

DO you have any .TODs to turn sparse cities into dense metropolitan areas??? :dntknw:

[oh, i mean DENSE, man. :biggrin: ]

I'd suggest, IIRC, Polak's city tods...lots of high rises. You can find them in his "desert tile beta' pak in the downloads section.

I've used them in Libya and Isreal2:

lybia_update_3.jpg

polaks_isreal2.jpg

cyprus-seahawk.jpg

obviously, you'll have to figure out the name of the city TOD, copy it AND the citybuildings bmp and adjust the data ini accordingly.

(btw: they for work for GermanyCE cities, too -it was Fast Cargo that found that, and which allowed me to add them to those other 2 maps)

Wrench

kevin stein

Wait...me? I didn't know anything about that...you sure it wasn't someone else?

Now I just have to integrate all of CA_Stary's mods for the GermanyCE terrain for all seasons...and all the other mods...

Darn it...just when I was starting the Growl...oops.

FC

Wait...me? I didn't know anything about that...you sure it wasn't someone else?

Now I just have to integrate all of CA_Stary's mods for the GermanyCE terrain for all seasons...and all the other mods...

Darn it...just when I was starting the Growl...oops.

FC

These from WoE seasons are quite dense, and have some tall buildings in them too:

Edited by CA_Stary

Hey i was wondering does the desert strom wip terrain also incorperate trees and cities?

I have no idea. Perhaps I'll put my dirty gardener's and urbanist's hands on it after release :smile:

Well, unless it's been removed (I sorry to say, haven't looked at the latest version of MY own work...), the "Large Urban Module" is used extensively.

Bagdad be crowded!!

Wrench

kevin stein

hmmm....maybe it was Fubar then,that figure out the tod renaming??? Hell, I can't remember what day of the week it is, half the time...

btw, what planet is THIS????

Ya know what would really be cool to see, highways/freeways, with over passes and those large interchanges that connect you to other freeways near tall metropolitan buildings. Be cool to see that for the SoCal map. Then it would feel a bit more like I'm flying over my house. :P

Ya know what would really be cool to see, highways/freeways, with over passes and those large interchanges that connect you to other freeways near tall metropolitan buildings. Be cool to see that for the SoCal map. Then it would feel a bit more like I'm flying over my house. :P

Not as ToD files. They are possible but as typical terrain ground objects. Not to mention the placing

Well, unless it's been removed (I sorry to say, haven't looked at the latest version of MY own work...), the "Large Urban Module" is used extensively.

Bagdad be crowded!!

Good new Wrench! Much better solution than TOD files.

That's good stuff guys, great improvement and thanks for your efforts! CA_Stary, I thought at one time you were going to circle back around and update the city/urban environments for Vietnam...just wondering if anyone ever made improvements there?

That's good stuff guys, great improvement and thanks for your efforts! CA_Stary, I thought at one time you were going to circle back around and update the city/urban environments for Vietnam...just wondering if anyone ever made improvements there?

Look under 'Green Hell 2' in the downloads section.

FC

Do the buildings go boom? :crazy:

Do the buildings go boom? :crazy:

No they don't, it's "family friendly" addon :smile:

awwwww.....can I change them to explode?

Dload: In simple terms, NO.

Building set in the TOD files are "terrain objects", and not subject to even mulit-megaton detonation damage.

The various "Urban Modules" by Polak that I've been using, are. They use standard in-game buildings, which are targetable and destroyalbe.

In fact, if one is exceptionaly clever :biggrin: , they can even be replaced by destroyed building, creating utterly destroyed whole cities:

ruins-5.jpg

we see here a Phantom on a recon run over the remains of Yuma, AZ.

Wrench

kevin stein

WOOO-HOOO! Now all I need is a nuclear fallout map! Ummm...I didn't just say that. I WANT A NUCLEAR FALLOUT GERMANY CE MAP WITH A WHOLE LOT OF BURNT OUT BUILDINGS!

(thinks hard before responding.......)

well, all it takes is a knowledge of how the targets and types inis work, how to place targets, use Skypat's extractor tool...

then one just needs to extract the destroyed lods and associated tga/bmps, create and add the entries for said destroyed buildings in the _types ini, create or edit the "Large Urban Module" (which, btw, is NOT centered on it's 0,0 point) and place it on the map via the _targets.ini.

Only about a day and halfs work...

Wrench

kevin stein

(thinks hard before responding.......)

well, all it takes is a knowledge of how the targets and types inis work, how to place targets, use Skypat's extractor tool...

then one just needs to extract the destroyed lods and associated tga/bmps, create and add the entries for said destroyed buildings in the _types ini, create or edit the "Large Urban Module" (which, btw, is NOT centered on it's 0,0 point) and place it on the map via the _targets.ini.

Only about a day and halfs work...

Wrench

kevin stein

Deja vu! :rofl:

Brady