Sign in to follow this  
scouserlad13

Football (soccer to Americans) supporters topic

Thought i would emphasise the fact that man utd completely stuffed chelsea yesterday 3-0. COME ON UNITED!!!!!!!!!

Edited by mikepie11986

1:0 for the Reds right now (watching it...)!

btw: Is Liverpool transforming into a spanish team???

At least, it has more spanish players than some spanish teams :rolleyes:

Thought i would emphasise the fact that man utd completely stuffed chelsea yesterday 3-0. COME ON UNITED!!!!!!!!!

Still not top though are you :biggrin:

Wigan striker Emile Heskey has agreed a pre-contract deal to join former club Liverpool as a free agent in the summer. (Daily Mail)

It's probably good to hear him come back. Now only if...

really, i think he was alright a long time ago when he played for us, but no eh, we will see wont we. Oh new question, who thinks the whole Benitez VS Ferguson thing is funny? I can see it now...... And in the Red Corner we have Rafael Benitez and in the Other Red corner We have Alex Ferguson! Lets get ready to argue!

It happens very often. At one time it is Wenger...then next comes Mour...

I guess it is kind of natural for Man United to get these kind of brickbats, AND use the brickbats when they're under pressure.

Edited by kct

btw: Is Liverpool transforming into a spanish team???

Well, when its Iberpool vs. Barcelona, i support the first one

I go for the second!!!

VISCA EL BARZA!!!

CR9 is not even close to Leo Messi!!!

Edited by FLOGGER23

Its that time again for the weekly Update

Tables: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/tables/default.stm

Recent Results:

Saturday, 17 January 2009

Barclays Premier League

Blackburn 3-0 Newcastle

Bolton 0-1 Man Utd

Chelsea 2-1 Stoke

Hull 1-3 Arsenal

Man City 1-0 Wigan

Sunderland 1-2 Aston Villa

West Brom 3-0 Middlesbrough

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship

Birmingham 1-1 Cardiff

Bristol City 2-2 Wolverhampton

Coventry 2-1 Blackpool

Crystal Palace 1-4 Ipswich

Derby 0-2 QPR

Norwich 4-0 Barnsley

Nottm Forest 2-0 Plymouth

Preston 2-1 Burnley

Sheff Wed 4-1 Charlton

Southampton 1-2 Doncaster

Swansea 2-0 Reading

Watford 0-2 Sheff Utd

Coca-Cola Football League One

Brighton 0-2 Leeds

Carlisle 3-2 MK Dons

Colchester 3-1 Cheltenham

Crewe 3-2 Scunthorpe

Hereford 5-0 Oldham

Huddersfield 2-1 Swindon

Leyton Orient 1-2 Bristol Rovers

Millwall 1-0 Tranmere

Peterborough 1-0 Walsall

Stockport 3-1 Southend

Coca-Cola Football League Two

Aldershot 1-1 Macclesfield

Barnet 1-1 Dag & Red

Bradford 1-1 Accrington Stanley

Brentford 1-1 Notts County

Chester 1-3 Chesterfield

Darlington 5-1 Luton

Exeter 0-0 Bury

Morecambe 0-1 Gillingham

Port Vale 1-1 Shrewsbury

Rochdale 2-2 Lincoln City

Rotherham 1-0 Bournemouth

Wycombe 0-1 Grimsby

Friday, 16 January 2009

Hartlepool 2-0 Northampton

Wednesday, 14 January 2009

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd 1-0 Wigan

The FA Cup sponsored by E.ON

Crystal Palace 2-1 Leicester

Newcastle 0-1 Hull

Southend 1-4 Chelsea

Tuesday, 13 January 2009

Birmingham 0-2 Wolverhampton

Bristol City 0-2 Portsmouth

Burnley 2-1 QPR (After Extra Time)

Cheltenham 0-0 Doncaster

Crewe 2-3 Millwall

Histon 1-2 Swansea

Leyton Orient 1-4 Sheff Utd

Norwich 0-1 Charlton

Peterborough 0-2 West Brom

Swindon 1-1 Stockport

Yeovil 1-2 Scunthorpe

Chester 2-2 Luton

Monday, 12 January 2009

MK Dons 1-1 Colchester

Oldham 2-1 Hartlepool

News:

Manchester City are set to hijack Tottenham's bid to sign Wigan's £13m-rated midfielder Wilson Palacios. (News of the World)

And City will also beat Spurs to the signature of West Ham striker Craig Bellamy, who will cost £13m. (Sunday Express)

City will land Bellamy in a £14m transfer this week. (Various)

One player who could be on his way out of City is 20-year-old striker Ched Evans, who looks set to join Celtic. (News of the World)

Celtic are also interested in taking Javier Garrido on loan from Eastlands. (Mail on Sunday)

Hamburg midfielder Nigel De Jong has urged City to step up their £15m bid to sign him. (Sunday Express)

Celtic midfielder Scott Brown is also on Manchester City's list of targets. (News of the World)

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has opened the door for Didier Drogba to leave Stamford Bridge - as long as he gets a transfer fee for the striker. (Sunday Express)

Manchester United have Wigan's Antonio Valencia in their sights, but Real Madrid have also been linked with a £15m bid for the winger. (Various)

Inter Milan are planning a sensational raid on Manchester United for Cristiano Ronaldo. (News of the World)

But United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says not even £120m would be enough to buy Ronaldo. (Sunday Express)

Tottenham are interested in Aston Villa midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker. (News of the World)

Arsenal are on the verge of completing a £17m deal for Russia star Andrei Arshavin. (News of the World)

The Gunners board have authorized a £15m bid for Arshavin. (Mail on Sunday)

Arsenal are competing with Tottenham to sign £2m-rated Hungarian defender Mate Toth from Gyori Eto. (News of the World)

Boss Arsene Wenger is also weighing up a £4.5m move for Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor (News of the World)

Portsmouth manager Tony Adams wants to sign his former Arsenal team-mate Patrick Vieira on loan from Inter Milan. (Sunday Express)

Portsmouth midfielder Niko Kranjcar will reject a £12m move to Arsenal and sign a new deal at Fratton Park. (News of the World)

Blackburn may try to sign former Liverpool forward Florent Sinama-Pongolle from Atletico Madrid. (News of the World)

Rovers boss Sam Allardyce wants Daniel Sturridge to be part of a deal that takes Roque Santa Cruz to Manchester City. (Sunday Express)

Newcastle are in talks over signing Rennes midfielder Stephane Mbia and Lilles defender Adil Rami. (News of the World)

Middlesbrough want to sign Crystal Palace midfielder Ben Watson. (News of the World)

Everton are set to complete a deal for Republic of Ireland Under-21 right-back Seamus Coleman form Sligo Rovers. (News of the World)

Sunderland want to sign Paris St Germain's 17-year-old midfielder Kevin Rimane. (News of the World)

Also on Sunderland's wanted list is £3.5m-rated West Ham defender James Collins. (Sunday Express)

Hull boss Phil Brown is ready to spend £3m on Wigan midfielder Michael Brown. (News of the World)

Fulham have been alerted to the availability of Manchester City midfielder Michael Johnson. (News of the World)

Reading are keen to sign Portsmouth defender Hermann Hreidarsson. (News of the World)

QPR midfielder Mikele Liegertwood is the subject of a tug of war between Bolton and Wolves. (News of the World)

Derby boss Nigel Clough is set to make his first signing by capturing Stoke winger Liam Lawrence. (News of the World)

Leicester are eager to wrap up a deal for Liverpool defender Jack Hobbs. (News of the World)

Former Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler is in talks with Australian side North Queensland Fury. (Various)

Hearts are on the trail of Sporting Braga's Cameroonian striker Albert Meyong-Ze as they look to strengthen their European push. (Sunday Mail)

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has vowed not to walk away form the club - if the owners back down on his contract demands and he is given the final say on signings. (Various)

Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia is being lined up for a player-coach's role at Anfield at the end of the season. (News of the World)

Manchester City are in talks with Paris St Germain about taking a stake in the French club. (Mail on Sunday)

Ex-Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd will this week be appointed the new manager of Norwich. (News of the World)

Tottenham defender Ledley King has warned his team-mates they must toughen up or the club could be relegated. (Various)

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson insists he is not tempted to quit the club to become the new manager of Norway. (Sunday Express) Manchester United players have had a whip-round for Cristiano Ronaldo after he wrote off his new Ferrari - and have bought the world player of the year a £40 kid's pedal car. (News of the World)

Thats all for this week, come back next week for the latest updates in the world of Football

:( 1-1 against Everton, now we are second in the table......WHATS GOING ON LADS!

Also, LOL at City's record attempt to buy Kaka. Conscience > money at the end of the day?

Also, LOL at City's record attempt to buy Kaka. Conscience > money at the end of the day?

HAHA i know! I couldnt really imagine Kaka at City, it wouldnt seem right haha :rofl: They where going to offer £91m which is a world breaking offer, but they changed there minds. I dont think Kaka would of liked it in the Premier League anyway

Watched Burnley almost beat Spurs yesterday. Tottenham really are dire these days. ManU will take them apart at Wembley.

Watched Burnley almost beat Spurs yesterday. Tottenham really are dire these days. ManU will take them apart at Wembley.

I wouldnt be to sure about that. Although im a devil through and through, Tottenham have the uncanny ability to pull off an amazing performance when you would least expect it from them. Burnley didnt deserve to lose that game though, unlucky guys!

I cant belive Fowler might be going to Australia, QUEENSLAND! I Live here! haha Another scouser to tear up Australia with! Come On LAD!

VISCA EL BARZA!!!

BARÇA, not BARZA.

Anyway, I agree with macelena (yes, Iam Barçafobic)

Looks like Liverpool won't be winning the Premiership. Watched them draw against Wigan tonight, and frankly Wigan deserved the draw. Yossi Benayoun was just about the only inspiring thing about L'pool's performance. Not sure why Keene is even part of the club. Might as well shift back to Spurs.

Man U all the way.

....... then again, watched L'pool take out Chelsea today, so perhaps they'll give Old Trafford's crew a run for the money.

...Rafa needs to get over his insanity and mind games with Fergie, it is never going to work. Wenger learned it the hard way.

2-0 :biggrin:

I don´t know how this thread is such abandoned

Edited by macelena

BARÇA, not BARZA.

Anyway, I agree with macelena (yes, Iam Barçafobic)

Sorry team in this keyboard, i don't have the Ç and it's the closest i can get (my father says Barca)

anyways, we'll see at the end of the season........... just keep this topic open....................

2-0 :biggrin:

I don´t know how this thread is such abandoned

Yeah Vs a very weak England 11 in a friendly - don't get too excited :)

everyone I am sure knows this link but I thought I'd post it anyways. EPL

Sorry i havnt updated this thread in a while, but since i have been back at school, i have rarely had anytime on my hands to update this thread, what with all the homework and assingments that im getting. Anyway, ill update it from time to time, but if i dont update it sometime soon, go to the link that dagger posted.

So back to buisness then...

Tables: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/tables/default.stm

Results:

Saturday, 21 February 2009

Barclays Premier League

Aston Villa 0-1 Chelsea

Nottm Forest 1-3 Derby

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, 20 February 2009

Chesterfield 1-0 Bournemouth

Port Vale 0-1 Lincoln City

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, 19 February 2009

UEFA Cup

FC Copenhagen 2-2 Man City

Fiorentina 0-1 Ajax

Lech Poznan 2-2 Udinese

Marseille 0-1 Twente Enschede

Shakhtar Donetsk 2-0 Tottenham

Wednesday, 18 February 2009

UEFA Cup

AaB Aalborg 3-0 Deportivo La Coruna

Aston Villa 1-1 CSKA Moscow

Bordeaux 0-0 Galatasaray

Braga 3-0 Standard Liege

Dynamo Kiev 1-1 Valencia

NEC 0-3 Hamburg

Olympiakos 1-3 St Etienne

PSG 2-0 Wolfsburg

Sampdoria 0-1 FC Metalist Kharkiv

Werder Bremen 1-1 AC Milan

Zenit St Petersburg 2-1 VfB Stuttgart

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd 3-0 Fulham

Derby 4-1 Blackpool

Ipswich 2-1 Nottm Forest

Blue Square Premier

Forest Green 3-0 Northwich

Tuesday, 17 February 2009

Burnley 1-1 Coventry

Doncaster 1-0 Bristol City

Plymouth 1-3 Crystal Palace

Sheff Wed 0-1 Barnsley

Watford 2-0 Swansea

Bristol Rovers 3-0 Yeovil

Hartlepool 2-2 Leicester

Hereford 2-0 Leeds

Millwall 1-1 Swindon

Southend 0-1 Crewe

Stockport 1-0 Cheltenham

Tranmere 1-1 Peterborough

Bradford 0-0 Darlington

Dag & Red 0-1 Wycombe

Gillingham 4-4 Aldershot

Macclesfield 1-1 Notts County

Rochdale 1-1 Morecambe

Shrewsbury 1-0 Chester

Monday, 16 February 2009

Arsenal 4-0 Cardiff

The FA Carlsberg Trophy

Havant and W 2-0 Crawley Town

Sunday, 15 February 2009

Derby 1-4 Man Utd

Everton 3-1 Aston Villa

News:

Manchester United target Karim Benzema says he would rather move to Spain from Lyon than the Premier League. (Daily Mail)

Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas admits he was flattered by reports Inter Milan were interested in signing him during the January transfer window, but insists he is committed to Spurs. (Various)

Portsmouth midfielder Sean Davis is keen to sign a new deal at the club even if Pompey fail to beat the drop this season. (Daily Express)

Striker Robin van Persie says he will only sign a new contract at Arsenal if they can match his desire to win silverware. (The Sun)

Chelsea are poised to move for West Ham boss Gianfranco Zola and his assistant Steve Clarke after Guus Hiddink stressed he would not look to extend his Stamford Bridge stay after the summer. (Daily Express)

In the meantime, Hiddink has told owner Roman Abramovich to be in no doubt who picks the team and decides the tactics. (Sun)

Aston Villa striker John Carew insists he can work with another big striker in the shape of Emile Heskey. (Various)

Sir Alex Ferguson has warned his Manchester United side not to be overly confident in their bid for another Premier League title, citing the 1998 season when they blew a 12-point lead over Arsenal. (Various)

Dundee United deny they are in financial trouble after accepting an £80,000 low-interest loan from the Scottish Premier League. (Daily Record)

Rangers captain Barry Ferguson says the notion of 17-year-old team-mate John Fleck being fast-tracked to the Scotland squad for the match against the Netherlands next month is crazy. (various)

England boss Fabio Capello admits he struggles to understand some of the northern accents in his squad. (The Guardian)

Cristiano Ronaldo faces a £20,000 compensation bill from Manchester Airport bosses for damaging "infrastructure work" when he wrote off his Ferrari in a tunnel last month. (Daily Express)

Striker Emmanuel Adebayor had a furious four-letter word bust-up with an Arsenal fan at Lagos airport who accused him of not pulling his weight for the club. (Sun)

Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock's seven-year-old son William beat his dad in a stone-skinning competition with a tenner. The older Warnock managed just a sevener and, ever-competitive, admitted the defeat "hurt". (Independent)

An on-pitch punch-up between Brazilian clubs Brasil and Ulbra ended with seven players being given their marching orders and the former club's president Elder Lopes, getting involved and chucking a couple of punches. (Independent)

A selection of famous goal celebrations from stars such as Alan Shearer and Steven Gerrard have been recreated by football fan Tom Taylor... using Subbuteo players. (Telegraph)

Again i am sorry this post hasnt been updated in a while, i will try to update it whenever i am free