MiG-17PF

MiG-17PF of the EAF

I .Credits

The basic of my MiG-17PF is the J-5A of Fallout3, which you can find in the Combatace.com downloadsection Modern Era Aircraft/Aircraft of the PLAAF. Fallout3 made a new LOD file, so that an additionally nose section (as in the other MiG-17PF mods) is not longer neccessary.

The cockpit is the great MiG-21PFM cockpit made by MAGO & BADGER the BAD.

My share of this new bird are modified ini files and a new skin.

I made new data.ini on the basic of TK's stock MiG-17F, so the handling of the PF is similar to the F. I also made a new radar by using the datas i have found in the book "Flugzeuge und Hubschrauber der NVA von 1956 bis 1970".

Thanks to all whos files i have used to make this MiG-17PF.

II. MiG-17PF

The MiG-17PF was the successor of the MiG-17P, which was developed by the MiG OKB as a reaction on the radar equipped F-86 Sabre (Project SP). The flight performance of the P was not satisfying, thatswhy a new engine with afterburner was installed. So the PF was born. The PF was the first all weather frontline interceptor of the Soviet Union and formed for a relative short periode the backbone of the all weather interceptor fleet of the Warshaw Pact countries.

In combat action the MiG-17PF was used in the israeli-arab clashes but also in Vietnam. Some american spy planes were shot down over soviet territory by MiG-17PFs of the PVO.

The PF was armed only with 3 23mm guns. In contrary to the chinese copy J-5A the original MiG-17PF had no additionally hardpoints for missiles under the wing. Missiles came later with the gunless MiG-17PFU.

This mod represents an egyptian MiG-17PF before the 6 day war.

III. INSTALLATION

1. unzip into your aircraft folder

subfolders will be automatically created

2. copy file J-5A.LOD into folder MiG-17PF and rename it into MiG-17PF.LOD.

You will find this file in Fallout3s J-5A.RAR which you can download from downloadsection of CombatAce.com (Downloads > Strike Fighters / Wings Over Vietnam / Wings Over Europe / Wings Over Israel / First Eagles by Thirdwire > SF/WO*/FE Add-On Aircraft > Modern Era Aircraft> Aircraft of the PLAAF)

Thats it! Enjoy flying.

IV. THIS MOD IS FREEWARE. COMMERCIAL USE IS NOT ALLOWED.

V. For remarks, comments, bugs, etc please use CombatAce forum or send me a PM.

Hope you enjoy it.

Michael (Gepard)

Made in Germany

January 2009

Good work. What a blast I had with this in WOI on an armed recon mission (in 1967). Took out 4 Mirage's that were taking off, did the mission, shot up two other runways and got 2 Super Mysteres on the way home.

More than any other 'Red' aircraft this has convinced to do a 'Red' install!

Umm aside from the fuel tank I can't seem to load anything else like rockets and bombs.

Anyone could help me on this

patched to Oct patch WoI.

No weapons pack installed

Propably because it's a PURE interceptor, totally optimized for the Air-to-Air mission. Therefore, no A-G ordanance can be (or should even be attempted to be) loaded (as with the P/PF mods that I did as well, and the common or garden variety PFU)

wrench

kevin stein

Its true what Wrench said. The PF was a pure interceptor plane, so no air to ground weapons were available.

But if you want you could mod the plane to carry bombs or rockets. Its easy.

Oh I see then thank you Wrench( always helpful as ever) :biggrin: and Gepard :yes: thanks for the mod

Just that the PF loadout.INI specifies all kind of rockects and bombs...so I figured I missed something

The nose is rather low poly . . . . if only Gepard would improve on it, Sir!!!

Edited by Miracles