Ahh man, that's what I get for going off of photos off of Airliners.net :smile:. SidDogg, you on a carrier?

...homey. :huh:

do this post mean anything to YOU??? :rolleyes:

Ya'll are now chillin with Aviation Electronics Technician 2nd Class Sid Shorter. :good:

... Not to mention me and CVW-5 just got back from Winter Cruise!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

...MMM-KAY? :ok:

lol gotcha :good:

Because if you can get me non classified shots, it would be nice :smile:, since my best source at Alert 5 got removed, so I have a limited amount now and need stuff for detailing and stuff.

lol gotcha :good:

Because if you can get me non classified shots, it would be nice :smile:, since my best source at Alert 5 got removed, so I have a limited amount now and need stuff for detailing and stuff.

Well, for starters...

Dude was right about the tanks...

I swear, them s**t's are big enough for 2 people to F in... :huh:

and the aircraft CAN carry Multiple Ejector Racks, but only for Inert Training munitions...

and since you guys are worried about Weapons Loadout groups and what not...

you might as well find a way to hard-code the ATFLIR to the left Sparrow station, IF YOU WANT TO...

although detachable, it seldom gets taken off...think of it as the Poor Man's F-14 TCS...

as far as weapon racks go, stay with the BRU-55 Double Rack for double loads of Mk-82 and Mk-83 bombs, as well as all manner of retarded and cluster munitions.

and of course, you probably know of the AIM-9X...

and one question about the landing gears-----do they have a functioning spring animation? :dntknw:

I was just figuring, perhaps you've seen it on video...

Yes they do in fact...quite a large animation in fact.

FC

Yes they do in fact...quite a large animation in fact.

FC

Yaaaaaay :clapping:

couldn't help but notice long, long ago how it looked on the baby Hornet...

good stuff, though, good stuff!!! :good:

Yeah becauase obviously the Supa is a "low rider" and using the MF A version as a basis. Just don't look right but will be squared away. And no I don't want the ATFLIR hardcoded, because yes true, it's used quite alot, but sometimes it isn't, so it'll be what it is, a removable pod.

Um.. I think it may have due to Dave's feeling guilty about going OT, which for the record, I came off the wrong way, besides it was all cool. As far as the Saeqeh? Um... gonna have to ask FC. I submitted the Splinter F-5F to pappychecksix and haven't heard a word on the bird, so not sure where it's at. I know I fixed some issues with FC's project.

More detail work.

post-5735-1232810841_thumb.jpg

This is pretty amazing progress on a model that looked originally like it was going to be stillborn....

You good people have done some incredible work!

Thanks!

More work, more details and such. I passed along the model to Dave for decalling, more or less for my favorite E squadron anyways. Pending refinements it's not going to be long really I would surmise.

post-5735-1232826272_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1232826278_thumb.jpg

If there's one thing that ticks me off, it's the US Navy. Why? they have to pick the most complex color in the world. Effective yes, but I think I finally got it (I hope this time!):

post-5735-1232845413_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1232845420_thumb.jpg

While EricJ, Dave, and JAT work on skins and decals, additional modeling and ini progress:

img00001.JPG

New external tank in game.

Sparrow, Maverick, ARM and AAM rails in game. Additional animations added.

Have run into a snag on the AAM rails...I'm getting some weirdness when trying to load multiple IRM or AHM weapons on a pylon. I'm sure it's an ini issue...

FC

Is that Jeff Gordons very own super hornet? lol, looks like something the rainbow warrior would fly :lol:

While EricJ, Dave, and JAT work on skins and decals, additional modeling and ini progress:

New external tank in game.

FC

now THAT'S about right, homey :biggrin:

Good on ya!!! :good:

That's beautiful FC, just outright beautiful.

If you like that, you'll love this:

img00003.JPG

AHM problem solved...had to build the rack separately...also managed to reduce the poly count vs the previous method I was using. Nice thing is that legacy Hornets can use the rack too.

However, another problem has surfaced...the inner 2 pylons on each wing are too close to each other...I suspect one of them isn't in quite the right position. No worries, though...that's an easy fix...you just might want to hold off on the underside detailing until I nail the position down.

FC

I think you're on the ball FC, check out these:

post-5735-1232889759_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1232889776_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1232889805_thumb.jpg

Looking at those pics, it looks like the middle pylon is the culprit. It's supposed to be closer to the outer pylon rather than the inner pylon.

Okay, it'll take care of it...after I get some sleep!

FC

Found out the damage model the hard way, more as to show the difference between the previous images and the model. And no problem, great work FC! And besides it's just shifting the texture lines to account for the new position. As far as the ATFLIR is concerned. Officially I'm against it for being "fixed" for practical reasons. Simply for places like the Bering Streits map, I carry non laser guided weapons and need that spot for AMRAAMs, as that's a map where I have to swallow my pride as a mud mover and put more priority on self-defense missiles rather than bombs.

If there's a such a demand for a "fixed" pod, then I don't mind, but as far as for my personal taste, I like to have the option to load it or not.

post-5735-1232890953_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1232890959_thumb.jpg

Now that the engine tunnels are seated. It should be noted skinning will be delayed with the latest updates :smile::lol:

post-5735-1232895521_thumb.jpg

Man...

Every time one of you guys posts another picture, I'm completely impressed "all over again". One thing - it clearly illustrates the tremendous amount of work that goes into "getting it right". One minor change, a new discovery, back to the drawing board, and another couple of hours of your personal time gone to fix it. Those of us who download these creations never ever get to see that aspect - and all these shots you're posting just hammer home the message that this hobby takes just as much dedication as "real jobs".

Thanks guys - really. Just know that your work is appreciated...

SB

As always, it's the community that supports the various aspects that makes it all worthwhile :good:, and just so it's known, Jarhead1 is also beta testing this for an additional perspective. I guess you gotta let the Marines do something every once in awhile that's constructive :smile: