I assume the fuselage texture is double sided in mat ed?

No. In fact, this is what it says in the ThirdWire export notes:

Although 2-Sided option is supported, it is recommended that it be kept OFF. 2-sided polygons have problems with normal and sorting, so they should be used with extreme care.

Also, no other mesh that is using that bitmap is having problems.

FC

Looks like its really coming together. This is going to be a great addon!

Hmmm...guess you changed your mind?

We already have an F/A-18F and its pretty good. I don't see any reason to spend time on remaking it.

FC

Hmmm...guess you changed your mind?

FC

Not sure what you mean. I have been watching this thread the whole time and have been anticipating its release.

Ya know what, I don't think I made a single comment on this topic at all. That being said....... Excellent work guys! This is looking to be a fantastic aircraft to download. :good:

Actually, I think calling them Rhinos is perfect!

A rhino is near-sighted, tempermental, stupid enough to attack trees, and can be smelled from miles away! :biggrin:

The real plane aside, this is looking awesome.

Related to this, but not directly, are towed decoys. If buddy pods can be made, I would think a towed decoy could be deployed as well in a similar manner? I don't know if you could just link it to deploy when you hit the jammer key or if it would need a separate key.

Anyway, the US has been using them for over 10 years now and yet no sim I know of has had them. Would be nice if TW's were the first. :grin:

I've been knowing that the SH has the ALE-50 decoy... just that we have to give poor ol' FC a break before it's like.. "Oh yeah, what about the SHARP pod and towed decoy?" We're in the middle of tweaks so.... unless FC objects I have no issues of course, but that's his call if he wants to go that route, and the question is it even feasible to trick the enemy AI into thinking it's another plane?

Oh, I'm not concerned with making it work like "real." My guess is TW's engine is not coded for such a thing. I was speaking merely of the visual of it there, trailing the planes. :grin:

The Bone also has them, and I believe the F-16 has them in pod form? So if we can figure it out for one plane it should be applicable to all of these.

Does the Typhoon use one too? I can't remember.

Anyway, the US has been using them for over 10 years now and yet no sim I know of has had them. Would be nice if TW's were the first. :grin:

Back in 1999 F-18 from jane's had towed decoys, I think. Anyway that would be really nice to have in a TW sim.. excellent idea seeing if they can be deployed with "J" key..

Edited by Canadair

http://www.eurofighter.com/et_as_sf_da.asp

Yes it does Jedi Master :good:

True enough though, but it's all on FC if he wants to add it or not, as said, I'm good either way.

Just starting to tweak the aircraft, found this out by accident with the G, but can see the refuelling probe when extended. Was a simple ini edit, now if they had air to air refuelling then it'd be a real plus, though on average I've gone less than bingo on one mission I made.

post-5735-1233938848_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1233938856_thumb.jpg

Standard G SEAD load.

post-5735-1233939794_thumb.jpg

Well, I just tried to see if I could tie an animation to the ECM function.

No luck I'm afraid. So I could burn the last animation slot I have to make the TD, but it wouldn't be anything other than a 'hey, look at that'.

While that's nice for things like Buddy Pods, AR probes, wing folds, and canopies...wouldn't be much fun as a ECM function.

At least with the AR function, we can simulate it in a built single mission similar to what YAP does.

FC

Well, I just tried to see if I could tie an animation to the ECM function.

No luck I'm afraid. So I could burn the last animation slot I have to make the TD, but it wouldn't be anything other than a 'hey, look at that'.

While that's nice for things like Buddy Pods, AR probes, wing folds, and canopies...wouldn't be much fun as a ECM function.

At least with the AR function, we can simulate it in a built single mission similar to what YAP does.

FC

Well they could stream it out then turn the ECM on like normal. Close but if it could be done it would be cool.

Hmmmm...I'll think about it. I may even have a way to simulate it 'moving' in the windstream when you pull Gs.

FC

what about to use the F/A-18A pit repaint from inskye?! They did a good job on faking the middle MFD

The problem is that the middle MFD is the HSI, and I'm not giving that up.

Amen brother!

FC

:smile: I mean I'm sure that the Inskye repaint is good, just that I need to know where I'm going by looking down. Granted honestly it's not the best location since I move mud alot... but it needs to be there out of practicality.

No problem :good:

Minor update, JAT81500 has made some stickers for the F and G and serials. Going to start on the G pods probably tonight and do more detailing.

post-5735-1233958872_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1233958877_thumb.jpg

None yet, I'm in transit right now so not working on it for a bit, until I get "settled down", just making sure it didn't disappear on me.

Believe you me, I'm in no rush :good:

Eric, PM me, just wondering where ya are right now, Europe or the middle east yet.