I've been flying the F-110 wraith mod for some time now. Its a great plane but for some reason WoV and WoE want to load AIM-26 falcons on the sparrow stations. I went to the data.ini to check it out and the sparrow stations, they don't have active homing missles listed and they even have AIM-26 listed as not allowed to be loaded. But for some reason the sparrows are absent and the falcons take their place. Does anyone know why this is?

I've been flying the F-110 wraith mod for some time now. Its a great plane but for some reason WoV and WoE want to load AIM-26 falcons on the sparrow stations. I went to the data.ini to check it out and the sparrow stations, they don't have active homing missles listed and they even have AIM-26 listed as not allowed to be loaded. But for some reason the sparrows are absent and the falcons take their place. Does anyone know why this is?

check the weight load for the stations. I've noticed that if the weight for the station is set too low (on other aircraft), the AIM-7 (heavier than a falcon) won't be available.

I just checked the sparrow stations against some other phantoms of mine and the load limit is actually higher on the f-110, so that isn't the issue. Here is one fo the sparrow stations. Does anything look odd?

[SparrowStation1]
SystemType=WEAPON_STATION
StationID=6
StationGroupID=4
StationType=SEMI_RECESSED
AttachmentPosition=-0.501,5.07,-0.84
AttachmentAngles=2.0,0.0,2.0
MissileRollAngle=45.0
EjectVelocity=0.0,0.0,-2.0
LoadLimit=231.5
AllowedWeaponClass=SAHM
AttachmentType=USAF
MinExtentPosition=
MaxExtentPosition=
NotAllowedWeapon=AIM-26A
NotAllowedWeapon=AIM-26B

Here is the F-4E for comparison

[SparrowStation1]
SystemType=WEAPON_STATION
StationID=6
StationGroupID=4
StationType=SEMI_RECESSED
AttachmentPosition=-1.08,-0.65,-0.87
AttachmentAngles=0.0,2.0,5.0
MissileRollAngle=45.0
EjectVelocity=0.0,0.0,-2.0
LoadLimit=226.8
AllowedWeaponClass=SAHM
AttachmentType=NATO,USAF
MinExtentPosition=
MaxExtentPosition=

Thanks for the help.

Edited by zmatt

Weight should be set at "231.5" (minus the quotation marks). That is the standard weight limit for all Phantom II SAHM stations since no one knows when.

Try to add NATO to AttachmentType. That's what i do with some Phantoms.

wow that did it. Hard to believe. I thought that the sparrow would be a USAF weapon too, not just a NATO weapon.

NATO includes the United States and therefore USAF, USN, USMC and USA(rmy). With the designators I didn't know the AIM-7 changed from USAF/USN to NATO myself, but it hasn't been missing on my aircraft.

Some of the Sparrows only list NATO as their attachment points. While, some list only USAF or USN.

It was built for the Bunypak, where Sparrows used by the USAF are "USAF" attachment.

Wrench

kevin stein