Sign in to follow this  
Uriah

Fantastic new terrains?

Yes, is it fps killer.

But is slightly smaller fps killer than excelent Stary´s stock terrains upgrade.

Thanks for the info Jan, and glad to hear it won't hurt too much.

I'm really looking forward to hedge-hopping those beautiful forests!!!

Now, if only hitting those trees meant something in-game, ah to dream...

edit: Jan, from your screen shots I just noticed how you have integrated deciduous trees (with leaves) into the edges of larger coniferous forests (needles). This is exactly how these forests grow. I am SUPER impressed by your attention to detail, I'm loving it!!! :hyper:

Edited by B Bandy RFC

Jan Tuma, I was woundering if you've placed any dead or broken trees around the front (NoMans Land). This area would have lots of pulverized trees and forests.

Jan Tuma, I was woundering if you've placed any dead or broken trees around the front (NoMans Land). This area would have lots of pulverized trees and forests.

Yes! grin.gif

post-36703-12574427295062.jpg

post-36703-12574428508501.jpg

post-36703-12574429023405.jpg

Jan bye.gif

One word, EXCELLENT!

:notworthy: Nothing to add! :notworthy:

THANKS for your never ending enthusiasm and your attention to detail!! :notworthy:

Matthew

Jan Tuma, can I ask you when can we expect your terrain add-on to be released? It would appear to almost done, and if I remember right this thread started last June or whereabouts and back then it was ready for release...

No offence intended, it´s just I can barely stand the wait any longer   :rolleyes:.

Edited by niksil

From the look of Jan's wondrous screen shots he is painstakingly adding trees (both alive and dead), buildings, telephone posts, even cows (!), and who knows what else... to each terrain tile, and there are lots of them. My guess is that there are many tiles yet to go before release, and it isn't surprising that the project has been going since June.

This is attention to detail (if I may humbly say) we have not seen before and cannot -- should not-- be rushed, though I do sympathize with all those who wait patiently. Let's give him another 2 weeks... :frantic:

Keep up the awesome work Jan!

• Like 1

Let's give him another 2 weeks... frantics.gif

I hopethat the it will be finished next weekend!

Some new pictures:

post-36703-12577828958438.jpg

post-36703-12577829210061.jpg

---------------------------------------------

Important question:

Have you got rather town tiles in stock style with visible 3D *.lod ground objects (church, cathedrale, house....), or in Stary´s impressive style, but that are 3D *.lod ground objects overlap?

post-36703-12577841512771.jpg

post-36703-12577841851768.jpg

Jan bye.gif

hello

very good work

problably the must have terrain for FE

i think that the stock style house are more corect for WW1 french town

Christian

Ready at the weekend, eh?...Roll on Saturday! :dance:

FWIW, I agree with Christian that the stock buildings are more suitable for the time period. Those large "hollow square" municipal type buildings would look okay if there weren't so many of 'em.

Is there a way to use them more sparingly?...Say 4 or 5 per town or city? That'd look pretty good, I reckon.

Whatever, You're doing some great work there Jan! :ok:

If the stock style city buildings are more correct to the era, then maybe they just need to be arranged more closely together and carefully on the tile to line up with the visible streets, and form the blocks we all are familiar with in old towns. Right now they just look too randomly placed on the stock 3rdwire tile, sort of what you'd expect in a wild-west town with no urban planning (sorry any Tucson residents!).

Yes, I know, much more of an 'easier said than done...' :heat: thing to say, apologies, just a thought though.

Edited by B Bandy RFC

I hopethat the it will be finished next weekend!

Jan bye.gif

Someday never comes.... (CRYING) cray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gifcray.gif

Damn,

Jan, these screens are wonderfull! :clapping: hats off!

I can see my cows being used! :lol:

edit:

the churches, cathedrals et all are via _targets.ini -target area objects -like villages are in stock terrains

Also -how do you managed to get BETTER FPS than in my (rather poor by comparision!) update?!!? :huh:

anyway, looks sweeet

Edited by Stary

Stary:

It looks like Jan solved the [AlphaObjectTextureMaterial] tree problem too.

If you look close at his trees and cemetery pictures, you will notice that he does not have either 1. blocky trees, 2. white outline around his trees, or 3. the far trees in front of the near trees.

Looks like Jan is really on to something and I am definately looking forward to his release (some day).ok.gif

Panama Red

Stary:

It looks like Jan solved the [AlphaObjectTextureMaterial] tree problem too.

If you look close at his trees and cemetery pictures, you will notice that he does not have either 1. blocky trees, 2. white outline around his trees, or 3. the far trees in front of the near trees.

Looks like Jan is really on to something and I am definately looking forward to his release (some day).ok.gif

Panama Red

Yes I've noticed, seems BLEND_DST_ALPHA is in use here, man I did dozens of [AlphaObjectTextureMaterial] combinations to get best results in the past...

it depends also on patch level, some earlier patches had no such problems, also some of my jet-series mods had none of such depending on title/service pack level

waiting for this one Jan :ok:

HOPE ????

I am sorry for hold - up!

I had a very much work and couldn't am work on new terrain! sad.gif

Now may I have yet more time - again work on new terrain! rolleyes.gif

Jan bye.gif

Thank God!

Good news Jan, but please make sure you look after your real life first.

I'll have to feel guilty about bombing cities. There's civilians down there!!! Women and children!!! Oh the humanity!

Awsome!

BTW those buildings are much bettergood.gif

I'll have to feel guilty about bombing cities. There's civilians down there!!! Women and children!!! Oh the humanity!

You are right!

There should be a new type of mission, there you should to throw some leaflets to warn these people before bombing them. :rofl::frantic:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Time for beeing serious!

Jan, I like the uptade very much and i´m looking forward for your terrain! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

And please take as much time as you need! ( For this fantastic result i´m willing to wait longer)

Best regards!

It all looks so good. Lots of detail on those buildings and streets. Too bad the terrain is not very high in resolution.