Sign in to follow this  
Brain32

RWR does not warn for AHM launch - SOLVED

...and I wonder if anybody else has that problem. I tested it to hell and back, it will joyfully warn about SAHM but does not give a damn for AHM all I get is track warning.

I have no idea why is that happening but it's quite irritating and I would like to fix it.

Now you guys know I'm not new to this series but still - all ini files are triple checked for correct RWR entries although I did not mess around with them in the first place and left them the way the planes creator made them.

Also this is not about specific plane, all of them suffer from that...

So basically I have two questions:

1. Did anybody else notice this?

2. Does anybody know what might be causing it?

EDIT:

Should anybody come up to this and find this topic via search here is the answer:

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...;p=37725#p37725

Edited by Brain32

I have that problem to. a sa-8 fired at me and i didn't get that RWR sound.

Never used modern missiles - am assuming you used to get a launch warning for AHMs if you mean active homers yes??

is sa-8 an AHM??

SA-8 or as we here call it "Strela" is small IR missile like Stinger so that explains no RWR warning.

I get wasted by AIM-120 and R-77 series, and yes I did get warnings for those, could it be in the weapon settings, I did make my own wep pack...hmmm...

Heat seekers aren't detected by RWR. Sucks don't it? I got shot down 15 times all by Flankers because of this little rule.

Is there any type of warning system for heatseekers? I guess that wouldn't be possible since IR missiles are passive.

there is an interesting update in the latest patch. The RWR and radar functions now work within specific bands (realistically) so it is entirely possible that your RWR may not warn of a missile in a band not covered.

CHAFF CHAFF CHAFF

:biggrin:

The SA-8 does not use IR homing, and the SA-9 is the Strela...

Darn designation mess, yeah SA-8 is "Osa"

So adjusting RWR bands is the only way out...think it's time to bring this to TW forum...

Darn designation mess, yeah SA-8 is "Osa"

So adjusting RWR bands is the only way out...think it's time to bring this to TW forum...

careful - thats a "maybe". Have to check in the ini for both the RWR and the missile in question to see if that's the case. At this point I am offering a guess.

Well Fubar already suggested that to me but first I wanted to test everything out, at that time I didn't yet realize it was AHM only issue.

Also there are no extra RWR entries in TK's default planes, and on top of that my biggest concern now is that since none of TK's games features AHM's I'm afraid this might be fixable by developer only...

hmmm - oh well if youve ever played Falcon 4 you get no launch warning for AIM-120s/R-77s in that either

Heat seekers aren't detected by RWR. Sucks don't it? I got shot down 15 times all by Flankers because of this little rule.

lol - yeah heat seekers cant be picked up by an RWR im afraid

hmmm - oh well if youve ever played Falcon 4 you get no launch warning for AIM-120s/R-77s in that either

Hmm now I start to wonder how things are about that IRL. Anybody ever got shot at with AHM? lol

j/k but some comments from real pilots would be welcome...

AHM launch warning.. thats wrong anyway... you would get a "launch" warning only if the missile is fired in active mode off the rail ... which is the exception ...

a normal warning would be if the missile is already close to you and switching to active mode ... by then you have about 10-15 seconds or so (?) to do something... .. depends.

AHM launch warning.. thats wrong anyway... you would get a "launch" warning only if the missile is fired in active mode off the rail ... which is the exception ...

a normal warning would be if the missile is already close to you and switching to active mode ... by then you have about 10-15 seconds or so (?) to do something... .. depends.

I was under the impression that they were fired in semi-active homing and switched to active when within a certain terminal range. Or is that just real world?

oh thought it was some kind of command guidance used before going terminal?