Sign in to follow this  
EricJ

DS Mod.... requests

1. Is it possible to add more Expeditionary Airfields or are the two present historically correct? (as it had only two).

2. And is it possible to make the Expeditionary Airfield available to add to other maps? Like a standalone addon?

I can answer #2....

you'd need to

1) find a location for the ExpAB

2) copy/paste the targets listing from the DS_targets.ini into the terrain you wish to use it on; with the new coordinates

3) copy/paste neccessary lods, bmps, tgas, ini, etc that create it (ie: the sandbag walls, the runway.lod) into said terrain

4) add those items to the new terrain's types ini (also copy/paste from the DS types ini)

5) have a citieslist.ini for said new terrain -- VERY CRITICAL!!!

6) copy the new terrain in question into the Terrain Editor

7) open citylist.ini in TE, then do the "flatten airfield thingy"

8) test fly from new ExpAB -- and hope you got it right

It's actually easier to do than my procedure describes, but that's pretty much how it's done

Wrench

kevin stein

Oh I know how to do all that man... from working with the Highway Airfield mod. Just that not sure what textures are which... the Highway mod from JSF_Aggie is nice so I can just drop it in and add the necessary files and be set. You did answer the question about the citieslist.ini as I read Gepards tutorial, and never caught that part, but that's one further question I had :good:

#1 IIRC it is historically correct.

What part has the updated OV-10 Bronco? I don't have enough space right now for the whole mod but I'd like to get the proper pit for my black pony.

:ph34r: CL

What part has the updated OV-10 Bronco? I don't have enough space right now for the whole mod but I'd like to get the proper pit for my black pony.

Download this and take the pit from it and put it in your Black Pony. That is what we did.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=4755

Excellent! Thanks. The source for the bitchin' skin?

the Black Pony skin?

the Black Pony skin?

The Marine Pony. Painted Pony?

This one:

Wow. you are faster then a cheetah with a rocket pack.

Edited by charlielima

Ah found it. I've been driving Daves first release Bronco.

Didn't relize there was an updated version.

Ah found it. I've been driving Daves first release Bronco.

Didn't relize there was an updated version.

Do not get confused. Those are the same Broncos, HOWEVER the ones in the DS pack are updated FM's etc. So only uses the skins in those links only. Not the whole plane.

1. Is it possible to add more Expeditionary Airfields or are the two present historically correct? (as it had only two).

2. And is it possible to make the Expeditionary Airfield available to add to other maps? Like a standalone addon?

Those are the only two we found talked about in liturature, I think Crusader found that piece of documentation. There may have been more, but I just went with those two. They made sense just based on the fact that they were close to were the USMC ground forces were at the start of the war.

Skins are included for all the AV-8B units in DS, but I only have three in the campaign. Two on the Expeditionary Airfields, and one coming off the LHA.

I found a lot of conflicting documents as far as were each was actually stationed. Some operated from standard airfields and/or moved around.

I'm ok with making the harrier airfields a stand alone download, but let me ask the guys whose objects I used: FastCargo, KillerBee, and Kesselbrut.

Edited by JSF_Aggie

Actually it's not a concern anymore, least with the Oct '08 patch. I added it to the Range map and it works as it should, so should be good to go now, just trying to find the texture for it.. Thanks Dave, and JSF_Aggie :good:

Do not get confused. Those are the same Broncos, HOWEVER the ones in the DS pack are updated FM's etc. So only uses the skins in those links only. Not the whole plane.

Good Deal! Got it all loaded, working and my pony flight is Kilo Alpha.

Any here who wants to fix thier bronco pit you have to do this:

Replace the cockpit folder from the OV-10D to your OV-10A.

Take the cockpit config setting file from the OV-10D and rename it "OV-10A_COCKPIT" and replace it to your OV-10A.

The "New" update rocks Dave! It has all the skins and you fixed the sidewinder rails to take the twin zunis. That was the first thing I ever did to a plane besides skins or pilots. It still has Diego's excellent prop driver pilots too!

Edited by charlielima