Sign in to follow this  
Lt. James Cater

F-111 Weapons Delivery...

Here you go http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...879&hl=ccip

I tried it a long time ago on the F-111 and it did give me a CCIP. I'm assuming it would also work for the ODS F-111.

Haha! Nice one. But I'm not talking about the F-111 and Desert Storm in particular. I'm more curious how they did it without CCIP in NAM. Sorry for hijacking the F-111 thread and caused some confusion.

I guess I'll just practice and see what works. Thanks!

Edited by jomni

Here you go http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...879&hl=ccip

I tried it a long time ago on the F-111 and it did give me a CCIP. I'm assuming it would also work for the ODS F-111. 

Yes it works to get the CCIP to show, but beware that the avionics data is in different formats for avionics 60 and 70 respectively. You will need to adjust the rest of the avionics data or you won't have a functioning radar. If you need a hand with the F-111 give me a PM, I have sorted one out myself, or otherwise have a look at the RF-111G and compare how that is different to the MF F-111's and figure it out that way.

Haha! Nice one. But I'm not talking about the F-111 and Desert Storm in particular. I'm more curious how they did it without CCIP in NAM. Sorry for hijacking the F-111 thread and caused some confusion.

I guess I'll just practice and see what works. Thanks!

Extremely important question I think! Whoever can give a definitive answer on that one deserves a pay rise!

I release my snakes at 1 mile to .5 mile from target depending on my altittude. my altittude is never more than 500ft and im at full throttle :biggrin:

Yes it works to get the CCIP to show, but beware that the avionics data is in different formats for avionics 60 and 70 respectively. You will need to adjust the rest of the avionics data or you won't have a functioning radar. If you need a hand with the F-111 give me a PM, I have sorted one out myself, or otherwise have a look at the RF-111G and compare how that is different to the MF F-111's and figure it out that way.

Yup, I just followed my own advice and added myself a CCIP to my F-111F  :clapping:

Can't imagine bombing without it, for sure the real guys in the Desert Storm F-111's had one (or something like it).

Don't forget that the guys in ODS had the actual radar bombing system to use...

From what i've been able to get together from thinking about this during work... After coming in low and fast, a quick pullup on burner should be done to prevent too much speed from being lost in the climb. 3000-5000 should be tops, then nose down to get the pipper on the target while popping chaff and flares like mad. Weapons release and back down to the weeds to make a getaway.

I'll just have to work out the combination of speed, height, angle and distance to ensure the bombs will be able to hit the target.

As for snakes...my usual approach is from below 500ft at full military power. 5 miles from the target a quick pullup to 1000ft. Weapons release is 1.2miles with bombs at .60 delay. As soon as weapons are gone, back down to the weeds and get the hell out of Dodge.

I'll be looking to see if i can pull off changing to a CCIP without screwing it all up.

As for the Vietnam F-111s? IIRC, they had systems that were even more effective than the A-6. They surprised the hell out the North Vietnamese by making attacks in conditions that were considered impossible to fly in, much less hit a target.

PS-Added Range and it does work with this MOD. Did a few practice runs using the above approach and all went well. I'm going to start a new campaign and report the results of the first sortie or two.

Edited by Lt. James Cater

My apologies to everyone at this site for wasting valuable time and space.

As it turns out, the 2000lb bombs ARE high drag weapons. Idiot me has now learned to check armaments via test or around the web.

It still didn't help me though, on my first sortie i went for alttitude and unfortunatly ended up on the leading edge of the incoming strike instead of behind the initial wall of fighters like it would have been best to do.

Things got hairy up high with a MIG25 and a Mig23 firing at me so i decided to go down below. I was doing fine and headed for the IP when some MIGs came across me and engaged. I evaded their initial attacks but a MIG29 made a kill of me.

Damn, this is one tough MOD! :good:

After reading this thread yesterday, and having had my tail whacked in just about everything else, this died in the wool, go Navy or go home guy decided to give the light blue side a try, and started up a new campaign flying the Vark... what a hoot! I managed to get 3 missions under my belt, and although hairy, I managed to both hit the target, and get home each time... Like happened to you, the last mission I flew had me trying to get near the target, when it was completely saturated with MiG's of all shapes and sizes... my flight had dispersed over half the map, and between me dodging sand fleas 'cus I was going full tilt on AB at the amazing height of about 50ft, and then having to "run away bravely" in attempts to drag the MiG's near the friendly fighters, all the while dodging sams, missles, and no doubt the imaginary camel or two, I simply didn't have required number of brain functions left to try and get everybody back on track... I finally found myself lined up headed for the target, popped her up to 500ft, and simply punched the BSU's off when the target wandered through the gunsight... 4 BSU's right into the target... every time, my delivery has been the same - I've been somewhere between 500 to 700 ft and simply punch the button using the Gunsight as the aimpoint, and I've not missed yet... maybe luck, but I'm going to stick with it... the RWR will be screaming like a Berlin disco until you get back to walking height, but heck, it sure is fun... when I finally landed back at the base, I felt like I'd just gone through a wringer...

DS Rocks... and maybe, just maybe I'll try out some more "light blue" birds... but only after I get in my daily Carqual!

SB

From what i've been able to get together from thinking about this during work... After coming in low and fast, a quick pullup on burner should be done to prevent too much speed from being lost in the climb. 3000-5000 should be tops, then nose down to get the pipper on the target while popping chaff and flares like mad. Weapons release and back down to the weeds to make a getaway.

I'll just have to work out the combination of speed, height, angle and distance to ensure the bombs will be able to hit the target.

As for snakes...my usual approach is from below 500ft at full military power. 5 miles from the target a quick pullup to 1000ft. Weapons release is 1.2miles with bombs at .60 delay. As soon as weapons are gone, back down to the weeds and get the hell out of Dodge.

I'll be looking to see if i can pull off changing to a CCIP without screwing it all up.

As for the Vietnam F-111s? IIRC, they had systems that were even more effective than the A-6. They surprised the hell out the North Vietnamese by making attacks in conditions that were considered impossible to fly in, much less hit a target.

PS-Added Range and it does work with this MOD. Did a few practice runs using the above approach and all went well. I'm going to start a new campaign and report the results of the first sortie or two.

Check your PM, I zipped up mine for you. CCIP and radar working.

Don't forget that the guys in ODS had the actual radar bombing system to use...

Yep, but for now we have CCIP as a next best thing. I find level bombing using the toggle cockpit feature give good results if a little fiddly at times.

What is the proper delivery solution for snake eyes?

I'm not too experienced in using it.

i whil do some teste and get back to you whit results :Salute:sorry my english

As someone said for retarted bomb dispersal, use my 700 ft at 600 to 750 kts method. Pickle them all off. You never miss.

For using 4 2000 lbs bombs, going in low is not an option unless they are balute. (think about it, you are going to drop 4 tons of high explosives) You DO NOT WANT to level bomb from altitude as you are SAM bait. Dive bomb or a low-hi-low method is best. You can add a CCIP to it if you want but that is all on your own.

Use the range and practice is the best recommendation.

Also remember that the F-111F is geared for LGB's, the F-111D is not.

Check your PM, I zipped up mine for you. CCIP and radar working.

Kopis you got the CCIP and radar working? I want some of that action please!

Kopis you got the CCIP and radar working? I want some of that action please!

Wasn't hard. I wondered why the radar was messed up simply by adding the CCIP, assumed it was something different in the 60 and 70 dllelleels so I compared the nearest platform that had working radar with avionics 70, that would be the RF-111G. Then looked for where the data sections seemed the same, some slight renaming and can't find all the data in both forms, either way what did obviously match up can then be changed, the RF-111G data edited to match that in the F. The rest is simply a matter of adding the use 70 line in the main ini, add the additional HUD parts to the cockpit and away you go. Also I changed the EO display a little, either way.

For the A model that didn't have a HUD irl (it had green bars on the gunsight instead telling the pilot how to fly to the computer calculated release point) I just made the gunsight work as a CCIP mutch like the MF ARN 101. The way I use it to simulate the real low high low approach is to line up with target low, toggle cockpit off and adjust view angle down and climb high drawing the CCIP up over the target. Of course in reality the radar would have been locked onto the target and the computer would be "seeing" that part while the pilot prepares for the best egress route. Bombs away, toggle cockpit back on and drive home James.

Also the toggle cockpit off is great if you want to line up for a level overflight of the target and drop a stick of clusters on say a column of armour! The CBU units disperse a lot more when released from level flight and at least with CCIP and toggle pit, you can see where to pickle every time, just as the computer would assuming it had a radar lock.

If you need help, PM me.

Made a successful first sortie in a new campaign yesterday.

Had a tense encounter with a MIG25 while on the deck but shook him off, turned at IP and made my usual attack. Full military power, pop up to 1000ft at 5 miles, dropped all ordnance at 1.2 miles with a .60 setting and light up the burners and back to the deck for egress.

Took a single 14.5 hit that i didn't even notice due to not pulling harder on the post drop turn, but that's life down below.

KnX sent me his CCIP and so i'll soon give it a whirl but all is fine now.

Thanks for the assist everyone! :clapping:

Thanks man, works great! :ok:

A big plus 1 to that!

I gave it a go on the range and it worked wunnerfully! Low level all the way, speed of heat, hair on fire, balutes and snakes.

Component parts galore!

I just wish the army folks in my current Strike Eagle campaign would get a move on! I am at March 15th, and have pounded most. I want to start an F-111F

campaign, but like to complete them 1st. Re-adjusting to a jet suxx0rs, IMHO.

Many thanks for the tweaks, Xiphos, what you made sound simple, I would have botched badly, trust me...

:good:

No worries mates! :good:

Edited by Kopis n Xiphos