Well hi again! I kinda feel sorry for making these noobish and useless threads here in forums but i need some advice again. I own FL:P1 and WoV for day now and i have terrible lag in game. When i just fly around then my fps is around 10-20, it's okay, but like when im on runway and start to take off then the lagg is terrible, i get like 2-5 FPS, so when there's more stuff on the screen the bigger the lag is. My PC is powerful and should run the games perfectly, but i dont seem to understand where's the lagg coming from?

Thanks in advance

-Fleg

Intel Core2 Duo CPU E8200 2.66GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

4 GB RAM

Edited by Flegmatica

Do you have all the in game graphics settings to unlimited?

Ofc. Why i would not want to get max out from the game?

Ofc. Why i would not want to get max out from the game?

To have less lag ? Kind of circular isn't it...

Also as far as i know the thirdwire sims dnt utilise dual core processors. In other words it will only use one of your two cores to run it

To have less lag ? Kind of circular isn't it...

Well yes! But my PC should run the game perfectly with max specs too, so why it laggs anyways :blink: .

Because, obviously, your PC can't run the game perfectly with max specs...

Ok, from what I remember from Fubar's experiment with performance profiling, the two hardest hitters are shadows and textures, so try setting these lower (or downsize textures) until you reach the kind of performance you feel satisfactory.

You may also want to reduce your Anti-aliasing settings in your graphic driver settings, the highest settings take quite a toll while giving not that much added quality (also, you can disable AA while playing, and if you want to take a nice screenshot, pause the game, reactivate AA, take the screenshot, reduce AA and go back to playing).

By using Alt + D in-game, it should at some point give you the FPS calculated by both CPU and GPU, allowing you to determine which part is actually the bottleneck in your particular case.

Also, keep in mind, this is not a FPS, and since this is coded by, mostly, one man, optimisations are where his interest lies, and it seems that optimising graphic performances is not his favorite topic yet.

Because, obviously, your PC can't run the game perfectly with max specs...

Yeah sure. GTA IV runs perfectly on my PC with max specs but game what is released in 2002 laggs. Sure thing :biggrin: . No seriously its bad, when i play with low settings there's no lagg, but with high its unplayable...

"when i play with low settings there's no lagg, but with high its unplayable... "

you keep answering your own question.

the game was released in 2002 but it's been updated and the game as it is now needs some power to run with mirrors and maxed out textures.you can believe it or not.

Edited by whiteknight06604

Yeah sure. GTA IV runs perfectly on my PC with max specs but game what is released in 2002 laggs. Sure thing :biggrin: . No seriously its bad, when i play with low settings there's no lagg, but with high its unplayable...

GTA 4 also runs great for me with max settings, but not WOE. They're different games. Also when you patch a Third Wire sim, it becomes much more recent, it's not a '2002' game anymore.

We're trying to give you the answer to your problem, but if you don't want to understand...

Look, you HAVE the bloody answer to your idiotic question...

Bringing up that another, completely different game, with different priorities run perfectly is not going to change that with max settings, your rig obviously CAN'T run the game as smoothly as you want.

You now have 4 options :

1) Blame your expectations, get a clue and do what people tell you to do to increase performances.

2) Blame the game.

3) Blame your rig.

4) Getting lost...

Edited by Gunrunner

a dumb question but have u updated your game?

Yeah he updated cause he has the 'unlimited graphics' option. He just has trouble believing his super amazing rig can't play the game on max settings  :rolleyes:

Okay whatever guys. I just minimize my settings then, you guys dont need to insult me for this...

Edited by Flegmatica

What did your expect ?

You kept answering your own question, you ignored advices and truth, what were you hoping for ? A magic formula that would make your computer or the program do something they can't ?

We gave you the best ways to get back performances while not lowering quality too much, you wouldn't hear it...

One has matter to get a little irritated don't you think ?

Now, if you need anything else, we'll still gladly help you, just try to accept that as powerful your computer might be (or you think it is), it has limitations, and some software, either because they are less optimised or because they are simply more resource hungry, will reach these limitations, you'll have to live with it and learn how to get the best out of it.

Edited by Gunrunner

Okay, yes, it was stupid for me to ask these questions. Anyways now i know that game requirers more resources than its written on homepage. I was just confused because the game specs were:

Processor: 600 MHz or faster

Memory: 256 MB RAM

Hard Drive: 1100 MB free space

Video Card: 64 MB DirectX 9.0c

Thanks for helpers, thread should be closed now.

It was not stupid to ask the question, not accepting the answer though was irritating, just a little.

Also these requirements are for "low/normal" settings, for the game pre-patch, years ago, now A LOT has changed in the game, the new baseline requirements are more (as taken from TW site for WoI) :

System Requirements

Processor: 1.0 GHz

Memory: 1.0 GB RAM

Hard Drive: 1.1 GB free space

Video Card: 128 MB DirectX 9.0c

Edited by Gunrunner

I cant play on Unlimited with my rig.... and ive got a overclocked quad core and a GTX260 AMP!.... ive got it all on high except shadows....

It was not stupid to ask the question, not accepting the answer though was irritating, just a little.

Also these requirements are for "low/normal" settings, for the game pre-patch, years ago, now A LOT has changed in the game, the new baseline requirements are more (as taken from TW site for WoI) :

System Requirements

Processor: 1.0 GHz

Memory: 1.0 GB RAM

Hard Drive: 1.1 GB free space

Video Card: 128 MB DirectX 9.0c

Yeah, but my WoE isn't patched and it still laggs like hell. SF is patched with latest, and is little bit more laggy.

Yeah, but my WoE isn't patched and it still laggs like hell. SF is patched with latest, and is little bit more laggy.

:biggrin:

Ok,

1) which version of windows are you using ? XP, Vista, Vista 64 ?

2) which version does your WoE say it is ? IF you downloaded it from TW after the patch release, it's already patched, in all/most cases, the digital release are patched up to the latest standard.

3) HARD DATA, what are the FPS (CPU and GPU) that you get and consider as lag (is the CPU lagging behind, meaning you have other tasks that you should close, or is it only the GPU lagging) ?

4) what resolution are you using ?

5) what AA settings are you using (in your driver settings) ?

6) are you using stock installs, otherwise what changes have you made exactly (tree mods, weather mods or any change to ENVIRONMENTSYSTEM.ini, FLIGHTENGINE.ini and PARTICLESYSTEM.ini) ?

Flegmatica - I oc'ed my c2d to 4.4 Ghz and SF2 it still lags (meaning i'm hitting low 20's fps - that's subjective ;) ) when dodging swarms of migs over large cities (i'm using unlimited settings for textures and high for everything else except for horizon distance which is set to normal). The game's engine isn't optimized to make use of the modern technologies (offloading some calculations from cpu to gpu, or utilizing more cpu cores) - yet. Hopefully TK will add these things in future.

Edited by SFP1Ace

1. Windows XP Sp 3

2. v.04.32.06. No patches, clean install.

3. On runway around 2-5. In air ranges 10-20. CPU usage in runway 50-70%, in air 30-60%.

4. 1024x768x32

5. 4x

6. Clean install, no mods.

Edited by Flegmatica

:biggrin:

That reminds me, I gotta watch Top Gun today. I've been watching it once a week since 1986   :flyer: