MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Wow! Yes, that's a German warplane - it has that sombre touch, that morbid style.

Did you change the nose into blue-grey? Looks good!

Wow! Yes, that's a German warplane - it has that sombre touch, that morbid style.

Thanks. It does look a bit sinister, doesn't it?

It's my understanding that planes like this used to hop across the Channel fairly often and bomb Dover. I'm thinking about doing just that as a way to avoid doing boring recon and arty spotting missions. I'd have to pick a time when there are some Home Defense squadrons in residence, though, to make it interesting. "Wir fliegen gegen England..."

Did you change the nose into blue-grey? Looks good!

Nope, it's still the same black as before.

Hey BH...Were there many of these Naval Aircraft?...I never knew they existed.

Any history on them?..would love to have a read :salute:

Widow, IMO the naval war was a fair sized operation that recieves very little attention. One good book to read is; Naval Aviation in the First World War: It's Impact and Influence by R. D. Layman ISBN1-84067-314-1 .

Hey BH...Were there many of these Naval Aircraft?...I never knew they existed. Any history on them?..would love to have a read Salute.gif

I'd like to know more myself. I know little more than that they existed and did various types of jobs. As to how many existed at any one time, or what types they were, I know just a little. My book on Marinekorps Flandern is more of a general history and focuses mostly on ships and U-boats, not airplanes.

What complicates the issue is that Marinekorps Flandern was a very strange organization of all arms. Its purpose for existence was to use the occupied Belgian ports as destroyer and U-boat bases to interdict British cross-Channel shipping. The navy asked for and received responsibility for defending these bases, so on top of the naval base personnel and ship crews, MKF also included 2 divisions of naval infantry fighting in the trenches next to the coast, plus all the gunners in the shore batteries around the ports. As you can imagine, this arrangement caused much friction with the army, and the only way the navy retained control over all this stuff was to divide its attention between both the land war and the naval war. This meant that about 1/2 its land planes had to due army support missions.

MKF's air strength fluctuated wildly during the war, in numbers of both squadrons and available planes. There were separate organizations for seaplanes and landplanes, and the seaplane side seems to have run pretty smoothly. At least MKF doesn't seem to have complained of not having enough of them of sufficient quality. The land side, however, was a different story. Here, MKF was in competition for planes with the army, which already owned most of the output of the aircraft factories. Thus, MKF didn't have a steady supply of replacements, but received batches of 20 or so planes every few months, once it had whined enough to the Kaiser to get him to make the army release some.

From 1916 on, MKF had 2-4 land fighter squadrons at various times, ON PAPER. In reality, they usually had no more than 15-20 in total planes at any 1 time, and often less than 10. And of these, about 1/2 had to cover the land front, leaving the rest to defend the Flanders bases, which often wasn't enough. MKF's great demand was for fighters, because the Brits were continually trying to bomb the naval bases, plus stop MKF's 2-seaters from doing their jobs. Obviously, MKF was competing with the army for 2-seater landplanes as well, but this doesn't seem to have been as acrimonious as the fighter situation.

Widow, IMO the naval war was a fair sized operation that recieves very little attention. One good book to read is; Naval Aviation in the First World War: It's Impact and Influence by R. D. Layman ISBN1-84067-314-1 .

Thanks for that tip. I'm ordering it right now.

Cool..thanks guys!..you learn something new everyday! (if you're smart you do) :salute:

Good grief - did you ram the DVII with your SPAD, Rickity?!?

jsut another toy going to a few tester to try it out and yes it uses a vc but onyl flyable in self made mission or mp

post-24208-12522079099919_thumb.jpg

jsut another toy going to a few tester to try it out and yes it uses a vc but onyl flyable in self made mission or mp

You continue to amaze me, Stumpy. drinks.gif

Thats what I call "crippled aircraft".

i chased a spad and got surprised by another who shot at me from my right. both of my right wings got perforated and I had a hard time to keep control with full rudder, while running away. always fell into a spin. but I had good luck. another spad came from the left and grazed my left wings with his landing gear so a part of it got ripped off. suddenly, with both sides damaged, it was easier to fly somewhat stable

when i landed 3 spads were chasing me, and although i had landed and shut down the engine, they strafed me several times. on the ground my right wing fell off completely.

for those who never see any bulletholes, watch this :yikes:

my advice, always take some cigarettes with you when you fly to calm down afterwards. my pilot got 2 days off after that...

Hahaha! Cut some off the left - cut some off the right - that way they must have come to the D.VIII.

Great story, and good you survived it, Creaghorn!

But what should I do in such a situation? I don't smoke...

for those who never see any bulletholes, watch this yikes.gif

Damn, I'll buy you a drink for that one drinks.gif .

I'm glad that Albatri are one of the planes that bullet holes show up on, because they're my main targets grin.gif .

But what should I do in such a situation? I don't smoke...

Well, I suppose you can always kick your dog around the house a few times grin.gif .

I remember (as a small kid) my grandfather, who did not serve during the war, had some "postcards" he kept in an old album. After he passed away, I remember my father and I were looking through his stuff.

Found a few cards similar to the...........uh..............lovely young lady writing to her intended. Some of the other young ladies were not as fortunate to have as much clothing on while being photographed.

I guess, regardless of the time, or the conflict, the "Boys" need to be reminded of some of the reasons why they go to war!

Ce le Guerre

Close up of a burning Mercedes DIII that almost took out my craft after blowing out of its crate! Engine courtesy of Jasta 74 Alb.D.Va , engine removal service performed by 148th Aero!

post-51904-12522775754109_thumb.jpg

Sometimes the last thing we can try with an Albatros DVa against a Camel:

throwing our burning engines after you.

Sometimes the last thing we can try with an Albatros DVa against a Camel:

throwing our burning engines after you.

Lol, Olham. 148th is outnumbered most of the time so we get it where we can.

Lol, Olham. 148th is outnumbered most of the time so we get it where we can.
Oh yeah, the 148th has it ROUGH in its early days. But once it transfers south, things calm down considerably for a while, until the French counteroffensive in the summer of 1918.

This ain't 148, but it gives the idea.

Oops....

Edited by Bullethead

When is that, Fliegenhund, and where do you fight right now?

Bullet, your pic was almost like a great painting with those colours, if there would

be still wings on at least one of the craft, and the bubble taken out.

God, what kinds of fights do you guys have? Am I missing something?

Excellent Stumpy!...you're a real bonus to the OFF community!..well done m8

• Like 1

Excellent Stumpy!...you're a real bonus to the OFF community!..well done m8

HEY NOT THT GOOD AT IT BUT AT LEST I TRY, WE DID USE IT YESTERDAY IN SOME PRELIMINARY MP SESSIONS WENT VERY WELL

OVER THE NEXT MONTH OR SO ILL PROBALBY RE DO SOME OF MY EALRIER STUFF AND SEE IF I CANT IMPROVE THE LODS TO MAKE THEM A LIL BETTER AND COME UP WIHT SOME BASIC VC FOR THEM BIGGEST HELP I REALLY NEED IS FORM THE GMAX GODS TO HELP ME WIHT THE GUNNER POSTION AND MAKE THEM USABLE

Edited by stumpjumper

This game is such a pleasure to fly and just to experience!

Edited by Macklroy