MK2

Screen Shots, Videos, Media, OFF Posters

Nice flying Mike! Sorry for the folks that can't see it because of the music. It's actually a good soundtrack for the video. Gratz on making it back home alive too Mike.

Hellshade

Thanks Hellshade. :salute:

Here's the updated version with new music:

(I know, Adagio in G Minor is over used in the field of WW1 - but it matches the video length. :grin: )

It's still processing atm so you might want to wait for a bit, but I'm posting it now as I'm off to watch the Football. :drinks:

Hellshades Campaign Video #2 (7:30) HD

Enjoy the action.

The Allies seem to have near limitless airpower near the end of the war! A little commentary mistake on my part too. Near the end I talk about 5 more Allied planes joining the fight. It's actually 6 that you can see in the distance. Not that it matters. I was nearly out of ammo by then anyway.

Also, I forgot to give credit at the end for Creaghorns Homebrew for some of the sounds. My apologies to Creaghorn. I properly credited him in the notes on my Youtube site.

Hellshade

Hellshades Air Combat Video #12 (5:56) HD

Hellshade

This has got to be my favorit ride now.. the Tripehound, what a ball to fly! Excellent video, as usual, and I didn't notice any tearing in this one, even with the clearer weather and blue sky . :good:

I've uploaded a video of a Scramble mission from yesterday morning as part of the DiD Campaign.

However it seems that the Kaiser has forbidden the video to be shown in Germany because it has music from The Blue Max (go figure :blum: ), so I'm currently uploading a second version of it, with different music - to try to get past the German Military Censorship - and show the people the truth about the War!*

*According to the British Military.

But anyway, here's the original video for now - for those that can see it:

Good one, Mike!

Hellshades Campaign Video #2 (7:30) HD

Enjoy the action.

The Allies seem to have near limitless airpower near the end of the war! A little commentary mistake on my part too. Near the end I talk about 5 more Allied planes joining the fight. It's actually 6 that you can see in the distance. Not that it matters. I was nearly out of ammo by then anyway.

Also, I forgot to give credit at the end for Creaghorns Homebrew for some of the sounds. My apologies to Creaghorn. I properly credited him in the notes on my Youtube site.

Hellshade

There is one shot where a upper wing comes tumbling toward you.. really amazing. How many do you think were in it at one time max.. 20-25? And that was a campaign mission.

That was not "Turkey Shooting"? It was a Campaign mission????

OMG - then it must be REALLY tough for a German pilot to make it to the end of the war...

Yep. Campaign mission. New Allied flights were almost constantly steaming into the fight over the course of the nearly 7 minute battle.

For clarification:

Hellshades Air Combat Video = Quick Combat footage

Hellshades Campaign Video = Actual Campaign footage

And yes, it's brutal on the German side late in the war. The good news is that your hit % will go up because no matter where you shoot, there's a damn Allied plane! So I decided to try a British RFC-29 campaign.

Credit to UK_Widowmaker for his great SE5a paint job! (I should have asked permission first, bud. I hope you don't mind)

Credit to Creaghorn for his "Homebrew" engine and spandau sound effects.

Thanks guys!

Hellshades Campaign Video #3 (7:08) HD

Enjoy

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

Credit to UK_Widowmaker for his great SE5a paint job! (I should have asked permission first, bud. I hope you don't mind)

He'll be pleased - actually, his head won't fit through the door this eve! rofl.gif

Christ, Hellshade - do you ram those Pfalz out of the sky, if you don't hit them???

Very entertaining, good idea with the text lines - your vids cause the fever for action to rise!

Thanks Hellshade, but no credit is due!...I don't really go with all this 'credit sh*t' personally..I feel like it's just people fluffing up their own egos.

If I do a skin for the community, it's because I enjoy giving stuff to the great people who fly OFF...especially, when they make such good videos!! :drinks::grin:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

He'll be pleased - actually, his head won't fit through the door this eve! rofl.gif

Christ, Hellshade - do you ram those Pfalz out of the sky, if you don't hit them???

Very entertaining, good idea with the text lines - your vids cause the fever for action to rise!

I'm not a very good shot, so the best way for me to win is to try and be a better pilot. Get in so close I can't miss. Make every round count.

I'm glad you enjoy the videos. I'm still trying to improve them as much as possible. Not only for current players to enjoy but also so that other people can see why OFF: BH&H and HitR has such a passionate following.

It's an incredible air war simulator and I'm just trying to capture as much of the excitement as I can for people to see. It's really not possible to do it all justice though. There are too many possibilities.

Hellshade

Thanks Hellshade, but no credit is due!...I don't really go with all this 'credit sh*t' personally..I feel like it's just people fluffing up their own egos.

If I do a skin for the community, it's because I enjoy giving stuff to the great people who fly OFF...especially, when they make such good videos!! :drinks::grin:

and I appreciate that. But still I think giving credit helps show others that we have a vibrant, creative community that continually adds to the game. It also shows that if for some reason you don't like any of the 4,000+ paint schemes, you can always make your own if you have the talent like you and Lou certainly seem to have. Besides, there I don't think there is anything wrong with highlighting some of the good work people in the OFF community are doing. Keep it up sir. I appreciate it. Because when I get my a$$ shot off because I can't fly worth a damn, at least I can look good going down in flames. ha!

Hellshade

Mike, Morris and CamelJockey...those are all beautiful screenshots! Everything looks fantastic. Well done guys.

Hellshade

Hellshades Campaign Video #4 (9:15) HD

I didn't notice until after I had uploaded it - and I'm too lazy to re-edit it- that one of the text overlays somehow got moved to the wrong time in the video. So in the video, towards the end, you see a text that say "I see my airfield stretched out before me" or some such thing but I'm actually just finishing the last kill. The next scene or two after that is when it should have popped up. Oh well. Sorry for poor editing on that one. It's like 485MB so it took forever to upload to Youtube and then process it as an HD video so I'm just going to leave it. Also I noticed my TrackIR jaggies came back a bit in this one. When my framerate drops to the 30s to mid 40s they always show up again and that tends to happen alot more when I'm recording a living campaign as opposed to a quick combat mission. Probably due to all of the extra ground activity going on that also needs to be processed but that's just a guess.

Anyways, enjoy

Hellshade

God, the way you fly, I always hold my breath, expecting your victims to crash into you!

Hellshade, you are good.. I still can't get over how smooth your panning is. BTW, when you zoom in on the gun site are you just leaning forward with TrackIR or using a zoom control? I've never figured out the best way to do this.

Okay, I've given you guys a break long enough. I'm back with some pics. I took up Cap'n Rick's crate while he is recuperating from that ear infection to get some pics for my next homebrew beer label. If anyone wants to submit a pick of Cap'n Rick's bird in action I'll consider it for my next label. Some of these below are not to be considered of course but I get a twitchy camera finger.

CFS32010-06-1322-55-13-94.jpg

CFS32010-06-1322-10-31-28.jpg

CFS32010-06-1321-59-21-76.jpg

CFS32010-06-1321-57-57-89.jpg

CFS32010-06-1321-54-04-37.jpg

CFS32010-06-1321-32-58-73.jpg

CFS32010-06-1322-12-19-90.jpg

I'm thinking of calling the beer "Cap'n Rick's Furball".

Thanks to all you guys that post your screenies for us to see they've been great!

Edited by Rickitycrate

Wow - never seen the pilot so close, Rickity! There is even ammo visible in the belt.

Perhaps we shouldn't shoot each other down all the time, but walk over for a chat and a beer

to be able to admire the details on each crate.

Thanks guys. To answer your question rabu, I use the zoom feature instead of leaning forward, but I noticed that sometimes doing it that way causes white triangles to appear all around the edge of screen when unzooming. Still a million little details I'd like to make better in the videos but working on it. Glad you all enjoy them.

Hellshade

I did this one first thing this morning. No cuts at all. Single shot Campaign video starting from first contact. Starts a little slow but then the action gets pretty good. There's one pass I made against a DVII that I don't know how we didn't crash into one another. We literally must have missed one another by less than a foot at over 120 mph. It was a rush!

Hellshades Campaign Video #5 (6:46) HD

Hope you enjoy it

Hellshade

Thanks guys. To answer your question rabu, I use the zoom feature instead of leaning forward, but I noticed that sometimes doing it that way causes white triangles to appear all around the edge of screen when unzooming. Still a million little details I'd like to make better in the videos but working on it. Glad you all enjoy them.

Hellshade

So, do you have the "[" and "]" zoom keys programmed to some buttons on your stick, or what? The F6 key also resets the view, but toggles from regular pilot view, to looking down at the guages, to a iron site zoomed view.. have you used that? Does any one know if there is a xml entry to disable the F6 instrument view part so it only toggles between zoom iron site and regular pilot view? Maybe I'll post this..

I did this one first thing this morning. No cuts at all. Single shot Campaign video starting from first contact. Starts a little slow but then the action gets pretty good. There's one pass I made against a DVII that I don't know how we didn't crash into one another. We literally must have missed one another by less than a foot at over 120 mph. It was a rush!

Hellshades Campaign Video #5 (6:46) HD

Hope you enjoy it

Hellshade

What dan I say... :salute:

Hay, Hellshade, do you have your amo on strong, you are really blasting those planes apart. I love the way they fall differently depending on how they are hit, some spin around, some lurch up then fall tail down and twirl, etc... just amazing effects.

So, do you have the "[" and "]" zoom keys programmed to some buttons on your stick, or what? The F6 key also resets the view, but toggles from regular pilot view, to looking down at the guages, to a iron site zoomed view.. have you used that? Does any one know if there is a xml entry to disable the F6 instrument view part so it only toggles between zoom iron site and regular pilot view? Maybe I'll post this..

I have the top two buttons on my joystick programmed to be zoom in and out so that I can easily zoom using my thumb. I never use the gunsite view. I prefer to line them up manually.

The ammo is on normal on all of my videos except the last one (I changed it to strongest for a video I am working on but haven't posted and forgot to change it back for this mission) and one other video I posted long ago but I can't remember which one. My cheats are Unlimited fuel and Ammo though, because nothing would be worse than filming a video and getting into the middle of a great furball and suddenly I'd be out of ammo or gas. That's great for actual immersion in missions but makes for bad videos, IMHO. Since I try not to "spray the sky" with ammo anyway, I don't think it makes too much of a difference. I usually try to be right on top of the guys before I open fire so that every shot counts. Even without guns on normal, it still wreaks havoc on the enemy planes at that close of a range. I got some great kills on the video I just filmed and am in the process of editing. 3 Great dogfights in one mission.

Hellshade