Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

The Watchmen

It's out in theaters. Who has seen it yet? I haven't, and I might not see it at all if what I heard is true. Is Dr. Manhattan (the blue guy) fully.... nude..... back and front? That's just disturbing to see.

Saw it...friggin LONG and only fair at best (by the end, one of the lines a character says is "some things never end" and a guy in the audience shouted out "yeah! like this movie!" and the whole theatre busted out laughing 'cause we were all thinking the same thing). I think it'd have been better if I read the comics because I could not connect with any of the characters, a bunch of the parts feel like they could have been cut out/were irrelevant, and some of it plain didn't make sense. The acting was fine, however. And yes, there is quite a great deal of man a$$/frontal in it; was not a fan of that.

And yes, there is quite a great deal of man ass/frontal in it

Wow then Fubar512 would love it. :lol:

Wow then Fubar512 would love it. :lol:

Fubar was technical advisor on the man ass scenes.

What is this, kind of a Village People's Superhero film ?

I should google it but I really can't be bothered.

From what I understand (I have read the graphic novel) is that the movie followed the novel a little too closely. Meaning that the novel had a lot of nuances, symbolism, and a hell of a lot of exposition...not all of which translate to a good movie.

Syrinx, Watchmen is basically an altered history of the 1980s where costumed vigilantes actually do exist and one of them (the blue guy) is super human. The graphic novel was very dense with a lot of what I mentioned above, and is considered a watershed in comic history.

FC

What is this, kind of a Village People's Superhero film ?

Well, lets see here, you got a naked blue guy, some pyro maniac that wears a hanki over his face, another guy dressed up like a bird... sorry meant owl :rolleyes:, another guy dressed up wearing a hairband but worn like one of those greek reethes around the head (guess he's supposed to be the super hero for the emo folks), another guy who smokes a cigar and wears a big ass star on his right shoulder pad, and a hot chick in skin tight leather (that I don't mind).

So all in all, I classify this movie as :ghey:

The Graphic Novel is rated as one of the top novels in history and like FC said it does not always translate in to a great movie. It is better to read the novel first to have a idea of what is going on. (IMO)

I had never heard of the Watchmen before and I wanted to know the characters, so I looked up the series on wikipedia and now I know the whole plot so I don't feel like I have to go see the movie. There is a "motion comic" DVD being sold already if you want to watch the story without seeing that specific movie.

I don't think it should've been 2.75 hrs long, certainly. The 2nd FF4 film was better than the first because they cut it to 90 mins!

Anyway, I think this is like The Spirit in being too obscure to do well. Of course, I would've predicted 300 to do poorly as well, so...