Sign in to follow this  
CaptSopwith

New Campaign Suggestions

Alright gents. I have killed off every pilot in my original crop of fliers from when I first received BH&H. It's time to start again.

My question to the forum is this. In terms of creating some varied and satisfying campaigns, where should I start? I typically fly British (56 Squadron). I'm open to suggestions from all sides - including those damn dirty Huns! (Hell, I'm learning German in my spare time anyway!) What are some great squads/time periods to get into some great action and really enjoy the meat on OFF's bones. Let me know what you think and I'll enroll my next class of brave flying men and send them off to the front. With any luck, I can Shepard these chaps through a bit more successfully.

Well, I'm a diehard Naval Ten guy, so you know they got the good stuff!

Cheers,

shredward

I can do only one pilot at a time, can't be doing anything too schizophrenic. Well...I suppose there's already the real me plus a virtual pilot, that's a bit schizo as it is. :biggrin:

Well, I'm a diehard Naval Ten guy, so you know they got the good stuff!

Cheers,

shredward

I think I may make a 1st RNAS pilot. Been about 10 years since I tried that campaign - and that was back in RBII. I remember losing Roderick Dallas over a patrol. As stupid as it sounds, I've always felt attached to him somehow after watching his Tripe go down on a patrol. Strange what these sims do to us.

I flew 56 alot . I have been flying with 54 and using the Pup.

You can fly an All-Sopwith campaign (I would call it a career) in Naval 9. They flew the Strutter, Pup, Tripe and Camel.

I think it's the only unit that flew only Sopwiths and they flew all of them.

With your name...it's a natural!

Tommy Sopwith considered the RNAS his best customer and they got his new planes before the RFC.

ttt

Edited by tttiger

I've flown both Naval 8 and 9. I love those Sopwiths! Both were based out of the Vert-Galant area for much of the early war at least (haven't gotten further than that!) and I've seen lots of action in them. Good middle of country location, with every kind of mission imaginable. I've just flown the Pups and Strutters so far.

Sopwith Camel (Bentley) is my all-time favorite plane, so I would have to sign up with the No. 9. But then the SE5a is a fine mount as well. The beauty here is you can do both! :yes:

Cheers!

Lou

Fly with the Yanks in the 94th Aero Squadron late 1918...never a dull moment believe me.

Fly with the Yanks in the 94th Aero Squadron late 1918...never a dull moment believe me.

Would we call him "Captain Yank" or Captain Spad"?

:dntknw:

I've taken to flying in whatever squadrons have a full roster of existing BH&H planes, rather than gaps that would enforce retirement in the exceedingly unlikely event of a pilot lasting longer than tiffin on the third day of the second week of service.

More specifically, if I'm flying Briddish, I'll try to aim for an entree into a period of the war where you stand a chance of racking up a few missions without the constant fear of being endlessly mauled by superior Bosche crates - ie, try avoid enlisting into a squadron flying BE2cs when you know that the major protagonist is likely to be Albatros IIIs, for example.

Yes, it's immensely cowardly, but it avoids the frustration of a succession of 2-3 mission pilots.

Would we call him "Captain Yank" or Captain Spad"?

:dntknw:

:rofl: Nice one tttiger!

I think I'm going with an RNAS career. I've flown the SE5 a lot lately and perhaps it's time to give old Tommy and his crates another go. I've been so leery of the Camel that I've ducked the challenge. Time to change that.

I'm surprised I haven't heard any Hun suggestions yet. Is it the name, fellas? :haha:

"I'm surprised I haven't heard any Hun suggestions yet."

Cap'n, I'd suggest the obverse of my post above - get into a squadron that flies Albatros IIIs, when you know that the Allied equivalents are weedy target drones. think of it as a feel good thing.