Sign in to follow this  

Does anybody know how I can prevent this little mix-up from occuring on my SAM sites:

post-29988-1239306277_thumb.jpg

This has also been happening with the SA-2s and SA-6s. The ring of SAMs would consist of both SA-2 and SA-6 launchers.

All the data entered for all the SAM sites in the DESERT_TARGET.INI have the usual 'SAM_Launcher' for the SAM Radar and 'SAM_Launcher' for the launchers

Does anybody know how I can prevent this little mix-up from occuring on my SAM sites:

This has also been happening with the SA-2s and SA-6s. The ring of SAMs would consist of both SA-2 and SA-6 launchers.

All the data entered for all the SAM sites in the DESERT_TARGET.INI have the usual 'SAM_Launcher' for the SAM Radar and 'SAM_Launcher' for the launchers

Looks as if they're not networked to their respective SAM radars.

Looks as if they're not networked to their respective SAM radars.

Can you tell me which line in the launcher DATA.ini to check out? I'm looking through it now.

Cheers bud :good:

Under the 'Detect System' head, look for 'NetworkType=X'

Can you tell me which line in the launcher DATA.ini to check out? I'm looking through it now.

Cheers bud :good:

Interesting....

I've had the 'mix-matched' SAMS/Radars even when properly networked to their respective types.

An alternative, albeit making for much more work and more entires in the _targets ini, would be multiple, specfied SAMs and their radars, at the exact same location, with differing Active and Inactive years. I've actually done with with an airfield, and I know it works for that. (which was kinda cool,as the runway3 the dirt one disappeared on Dec 31, and a brandy new concrete runway, and COMPLTE airbase majically appeared on Jan 1 = gotta love them SeaBees!!)

Meaning:

For SA-2

Joe Mammas AD Site

Position=123456,654321

ActiveYear=1959

InactiveYear=1972

(insert SA-2 units, launcher & radar in the targets listing)

For SA-3

Joe Mammas AD Site

Position=123456,654321

ActiveYear=1972

InactiveYear=1980

(insert SA-2 units, launcher & radar in the targets listing -- don't forget the EWRs!!!)

For SA-6 ... do the same thing,

Joe Mammas AD Site

Position=123456,654321

ActiveYear=1980

InactiveYear=2006

(insert SA-6 units, launcher & radar in the targets listing -- don't forget the EWRs!!! and AAA fire control radars!!)

and for anyothers.

again, it's a more work and makes for a MUCH larger targets ini...

As for HAWK and Nike, they're already specified in their locations.

wrench

kevin stein

I was going through those INI files and noticed that the Nike Launcher and its associated radars have no Network Type entries. I'd place 'Nike' in, but I'm not sure if that would be the right entry

So it seems that the Nike system was the culprit for the mixed SAMs.

Thanks for the info on that :good:

Interesting....

An alternative, albeit making for much more work and more entires in the _targets ini, would be multiple, specfied SAMs and their radars, at the exact same location, with differing Active and Inactive years. I've actually done with with an airfield, and I know it works for that. (which was kinda cool,as the runway3 the dirt one disappeared on Dec 31, and a brandy new concrete runway, and COMPLTE airbase majically appeared on Jan 1 = gotta love them SeaBees!!)

I was think of doing that as well, but lately the couch potato in me has taken roost :biggrin:

Definitely worth a try at some stage though :yes:

Quick question lads - when flying in single missions, is it normal for SAM sites to sometimes be missing from the map?

Quick question lads - when flying in single missions, is it normal for SAM sites to sometimes be missing from the map?

That happens to me...I hjave no idea why :o

I just flew a recon mission in a MiG-21MF over Dhimar. Look at this for SAM insanity:

post-29988-1239491726_thumb.jpg

During the mission I flew over three Dhimari SAM sites ...... during debrief I counted a total of 31 SAMs thrown at me ...... as I speak I'm still scraping the s**t from my shorts.

Oh, and while I've got some attention - has anybody had this problem with their Hawk PARs?

post-29988-1239491940_thumb.jpg

are you missing a tga in folder??

in mine, along with the 2 skin folder (this being the TMF version, not the older Pakso one, although they should pretty much be the same, iirc)

Hawk_PAR.ini

Hawk_PAR_Data.ini

Hawk_Destroyed.lod

Hawk_Par.LOD

radar.tga

in the skins folder:

HawkLauncher.bmp

texturset.ini

and objects 'disappear' or de-spawn in a guestimated radius from the players aircraft ... pfunk and I figured it's between 25 - 50 km from your aircraft. So, yes, sometimes, if you're using the f12 free camera to check target placements, nothing will showup that's a GroundObject. Terrainobjects (buildings and such) seem to always be in the way.

What's cool is to watch a ship in port, and have it 'pop' out of existence, or if you know the location and are headed that way, jummping ahead in free-camera, and watch it 'pop' into existence. Like it got beamed in via a trasnporter.

For SAM insanity, try the Israel2 map during the 73 War ... at one count it was 100 SAMs in the air...talk about killing frame rates!

wrench

kevin stein

are you missing a tga in folder??

in mine, along with the 2 skin folder (this being the TMF version, not the older Pakso one, although they should pretty much be the same, iirc)

Hawk_PAR.ini

Hawk_PAR_Data.ini

Hawk_Destroyed.lod

Hawk_Par.LOD

radar.tga

in the skins folder:

HawkLauncher.bmp

texturset.ini

wrench

kevin stein

I just checked the Hawk PAR folder and all the above are present and correct. Radar mesh is still missing though. Must be cos it's the older Pasko version. Do you know where I can get the newer one from?

TMF's weapons pak --either one depending on which game you want it for... the 9/08 version is for WoI, and the 1/09 version is for WoE

wrench

kevin stein

Maybe my problem is a little OT but is about a issue with a component of the Furbar512/Erikgen Nike Hercules site.

Well....today happened a strange thing with the TTR Radar Tower.

I was doing some CAS with a Mig-19S in 1965 over the WOI Israel terrain....when...."ours" T-54 engaged TTR radars used as tanks :blink: .

I just flew a recon mission in a MiG-21MF over Dhimar. Look at this for SAM insanity:

post-29988-1239491726_thumb.jpg

During the mission I flew over three Dhimari SAM sites ...... during debrief I counted a total of 31 SAMs thrown at me ...... as I speak I'm still scraping the s**t from my shorts.

Oh, and while I've got some attention - has anybody had this problem with their Hawk PARs?

post-29988-1239491940_thumb.jpg

I know how you feel. I had the same sensation when i was doing missions for my WOV SAM map.

Is it my imagination, but in the latest version of WOE, is it more or less impossible to see the SAM's as they come in?

Getting my butt kicked bad.

Andy.

I think theres a SAM trails mod somewhere that may help. - assume you are only dealing with SA-6/SA-2 and not with SA-13 /SA-9 etc

I seem to be dealing mostly with SA-8's, at least that's the reports i'm getting.

Damn those things are fast! Could you point me in the direction of the better SAM trails please? I've used a set in WoV, but I'm not sure if they are the same.

Would also like to know how to get more modern armour (instead of T-55's into WOE)

Cheers

Andy.

The SA-8 uses a different (and smaller) smoke trail than the larger SA-2/SA-6's. If you open the SA-8 missile with the weps editor, you can change the effect from MissileInFlightEffect to LargeSAMTrailEffect. Although, I think the MissileInFlightEffect is probably closer to being realistic.

If you are getting engaged by too many SA-8's, try changing the avialability (in the SA-8 launcher data.ini file) to rare or Very_rare. I had to do that in WOI after installing the MF weps pack. Otherwise, in generated single missions, I would get nothing but SA-8's for all the AAA. That was pretty much impossible.

Edited by malibu43

For those not finding, or are looking for, new GroundObjects,

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...s&showcat=7

Object Mods section, you'll find all the various and sundry tanks, trucks, SAMs, AAA, ships, horses, donkeys, camels, chickens, cows, sheep and of course, the cursed ever-present eels :wink: Now, it we just had the Atomic Moth.....I'd be happy

wrench

kevin stein

This is all a bit bloody previous..........

I just flew a single mission in a Tornado GR1, a mission to destroy an ammo dump. Gotta be something wrong here, I got engaged at 600 knots, at 50 foot off the deck by.....an SA8!

I'm not saying anybody's got it wrong, but I was dumping chaff and flares all the way in past the IP, no radar transmitting, no ECM switched on, electronically silent.

Not sure if I'm a good enough pilot to fly WOE any more!

This is all a bit bloody previous..........

I just flew a single mission in a Tornado GR1, a mission to destroy an ammo dump. Gotta be something wrong here, I got engaged at 600 knots, at 50 foot off the deck by.....an SA8!

I'm not saying anybody's got it wrong, but I was dumping chaff and flares all the way in past the IP, no radar transmitting, no ECM switched on, electronically silent.

Not sure if I'm a good enough pilot to fly WOE any more!

At that speed and altitude you pretty much don't have to worry about SA8s.

Don't have to worry?

LOL

That's what I'm saying, I'm getting my butt kicked! I'm sure the SA8 doesn't have that kind of slant range. Still, I have other worries now such as SA-11, -13 etc.

Andy.