I'll be starting New Mission Packs that can be used for both WOV and SF2Vietnam. The Mission Packs will be based on Authenic AAR's and CACTA's provided by the US Goverment. Each Pack will be based on Unit Designation and will be in Chronological Order. TPQ's which are Test Pilot Qualification Flights and Ferrying Flights will not be included. As I work on this, The order of the Services will follow, Starting with the Service I'm most familiar with.

1) USMC Units

2) USN Units

3) USAF Units

4) RAAF Units

5) VNAF Units

6) ROK Units

7) Loas Units

8) CIA/Air America Opperations

If anyone that is familiar with the Mission Editors and want to contribute to this Project, Please PM Me. The more, The marryr'...If You have a piticular Unit or Service You want to work on, I'll help in the Reference Material end of it.

Semper Fi!

331KillerBee

Edited by 331Killerbee

Will these missions be designed to run on a more or less "stock" install, or will multiple objects and terrain additions be required for each set of missions?

For me personally, I think having to make a minimal number of modifications to my install would really make me much more tempted to download and use.

:good:

Yes....For a "Stock" Install.....But can be a Foundation for One to Upgrade the Mission via Editting the Skin or add more Ground Objects if one wishes.

If People want more as in Models and Ground Object Models...........I'd have to defer to a Product that's avaliable out somewhere. They'd have to Pay for it.

Mine will be for "Free".

Edited by 331Killerbee

The first Sets will be concentrated on the Stock Aircraft from ThirdWire. Then I'll move to Third-Party Aircraft with Instructions on the Links for the Downloads or Requirements to obtain Downloads from certian Sites.

No additional Model work is to be done that's not already done and proven works in a overall Install.

Each Mission Pack will be Set up Generic in nature. But a ReadMe will be attached with Recommendations as to Enhancments to the Mission Packs. A list of Links, if You will. and Instructions on how to apply them.

Of course, There will be a Baseline of recomended Enhancments such as, Weapons Packs, Effects.....ect. But these Missions will work on a "Stock" Install out of the Box.

As far as Terrain Enhancements go, Most all are based off the Original Terrain anyway.So these Missions should work for the majority of those Mods.

Edited by 331Killerbee

The first Sets will be concentrated on the Stock Aircraft from ThirdWire. Then I'll move to Third-Party Aircraft with Instructions on the Links for the Downloads or Requirements to obtain Downloads from certian Sites.

No additional Model work is to be done that's not already done and proven works in a overall Install.

Each Mission Pack will be Set up Generic in nature. But a ReadMe will be attached with Recommendations as to Enhancments to the Mission Packs. A list of Links, if You will. and Instructions on how to apply them.

Of course, There will be a Baseline of recomended Enhancments such as, Weapons Packs, Effects.....ect. But these Missions will work on a "Stock" Install out of the Box.

As far as Terrain Enhancements go, Most all are based off the Original Terrain anyway.So these Missions should work for the majority of those Mods.

Hi Killerbee, I'm intending to finish the VMFA-531 April 1965 mission packs I started a while back. There's one more pack left to do and I'll be re-vamping them to work with the October 2008 patch for WOV. My intention was to remove the dependencies I had in the existing packs and roll them all into one large download - so if you could leave that historical story for me to finish I'd appreciate it.

I'll be back in 1965 once I'm done with my ODS commitment.

Cheers, regards, comrpnt.

Keep in Mind that CACTA's and the AAR's are the "Official" Documents reported to the Department of Defence and the US Goverment as to the Air Activities in South East Asia.......They will be the source of the Information.

Edited by 331Killerbee

Hi Killerbee, I'm intending to finish the VMFA-531 April 1965 mission packs I started a while back. There's one more pack left to do and I'll be re-vamping them to work with the October 2008 patch for WOV. My intention was to remove the dependencies I had in the existing packs and roll them all into one large download - so if you could leave that historical story for me to finish I'd appreciate it.

Sure Enough Comrpnt! I'll lead You to all the VMFA-531 Information that You can stand. Just PM Me when You're ready.

For those who want to get involved and want a "Head Start" on things, Check this older Thread out:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=39680

The overall Mission Packs will be dedicated to My Father that was Shot Down over Laos in 1970. It'll be dedicated to Him and all the Aviators whom Missions that We'd be pertraying.

Edited by 331Killerbee

Competing against YAP?

I'm looking forward to this.

Competing against YAP?

I'm looking forward to this.

Nope....There's no competing in a Free and Open Sim.....

I just doing Missions....That's all.

thank you very much for your initiative Killerbee. realistic missionsets are one of the best features in WOV and give us a good immersion through what the pilots then went through.

cheers

Jaeger

Edited by jaeger_301

KB,

Sounds like a great plan you've got.

Since I've got alot of time for the next 4 months, I'll see what I can for researching some of the USAF missions that might be appealing.

-Jeff

Paul, looking forward to your 531 missions. Loved the first batch.

Many have PM'd Me about this and the Idea has come up. If You have a certian Unit that You want to do. PM Me. I'll provide Unit Information so Many can contribute to this. I can supply Unit Info direct if it's a Marine Unit. For USAF and USN Units, I'll have to give You Instructions on how to obtain the Information that You are seeking. I recommend Downloading Comprnt's VMFA-531 Mission Packs and use it as a Model and Guideline to help out. My feeling is, Teamwork is a good Community thing.....

Most Importantly. There's only one Rule. Use only the Historical Information. Remember, We're doing it for those that flew over there...

331KB

Guys, all the best on this endeavor, sounds fantastic...plus it's another good reminder for me to get that damn beta of STT out - I know you could use it and it would be my way of helping with the contribution!

After I finish My last F-102 Skin, I'm starting to put a Pack together. I've been doing some Research with the National Archive.

They have 2,837,976 Missions stored on their Database. From 1965 to 1970.

That's not touching another Database that covers from 1971 to 1976.

Just thought Yall' like to know.....

331KillerBee

Edited by 331Killerbee

Hopefully that is exportable to Excel or Access or summat, as that is a whole lotta data to sort...

:blink:

Comrpnt and KB,

I hope you make these in such a way that they're compatible with both the latest patches and the previous one. My WOV install is still only patched to '06 so that I can still run campaigns (Noi Bai strike bug in '08 patches), but I am eagerly awaiting these mission packs!

PM me if there's anything I can help with.

:clapping:

Comrpnt and KB,

I hope you make these in such a way that they're compatible with both the latest patches and the previous one. My WOV install is still only patched to '06 so that I can still run campaigns (Noi Bai strike bug in '08 patches), but I am eagerly awaiting these mission packs!

PM me if there's anything I can help with.

:clapping:

Hi Guys...

Malibu, why not adopt a period in time, or better still a unit or squadron and go with mission packs for them for that period. Similar to my VMFA-531 journey during April 1965. Then you can tell that part of the Vietnam story through the decade. I believe that KB has similar intentions.

I'll be giving this my full attention shortly - my ODS stuff is very nearly done. I recommend looking at my tribute to Lt Cdr Dennis Pike - as it shows similar historic detail to the archives KB has quoted, as provided by gwar. See here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=8217. This particular mission pack also contains a few other things I'm looking into, in terms of style - such as minimizing the number of pre-reqs required to get it working, and using HTML as the readme AND briefing guide. Also, because of the way it's written, there should be no reason why missions with this type of content are restricted to pre or post October 2008 patches. I keep both installs on my system so can easily test a mission against either version.

I'll be happy to provide skeleton mission (.msn) files and planning maps to help get people started in WOV.

Will check back in again soon. Until then, regards,

comrpnt.

malibu43,

Comrpnt is pretty much right as far as doing research. One can get pretty much caught up in all the Information that's available. Pick out a Unit that You would like as Your Focus. PM Me. And I'll send all the Infomation on that Unit that You can stand. Or point You in the right direction. Many have asked Me to do this for them. And I haven't had any problems getting them Information. Sounds like You want to get involved. So PM Me, I'll set You up.

331KillerBee

It can be a Foundation for One to Upgrade the Mission via Editting the Skin or add more Ground Objects if one wishes.

mycollects

24 dvd boxset season 1-6

When is possible download this missions pack?

Best regards,

Teo :good:

I'm in the process of working on My first set. Alot of Reasearch is involved and using the Mission Editors that are available. Plus testing......My best guess is alittle greater than "2 Weeks".......

Looking forward to the missions! What a great idea.