Sign in to follow this  
Parky

OT-And Now For Something Completely Different

Parky, that was the coolest video I've seen in a long time. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm going to contact playingforchange.com and perhaps you'll see me in one of their vids.

CJ

Thats awesome that all those guys from around the world can play together while still being in thier home towns. And so many instruments too. I'm a pretty big fan of the dobro so I'm glad they had one in there. Really really cool. Thanks for sharing Parky.

-Rooster

Heartwarming video, Parky! Thanks for sharing.

Makes me feel, that we could move closer together - not cramped into less space I mean, but good spirit.

Music is the best bridge for that.

Pretty cool actually, try doing that 20 years ago, seems even the internet can get it right once in a blue moon.

It is so very, very good! Thank you for sharing this Parky.

Cheers!

Lou

Very cool, but they were not playing simutaneously connected over the internet. Daytime in Moscow, Amsterdam, South Africa and the United States but nighttime in Toulouse, France? Someone explain that to me, please. :no:

The electronic and sound equipment probably just was for recording and playback so everyone would be on the same key and beat and then the individual performances were cut together. Next time they need to hire a continuity checker.

Edited by von Baur

Very cool, but they were not playing simutaneously connected over the internet. Daytime in Moscow, Amsterdam, South Africa and the United States but nighttime in Toulouse, France? Someone explain that to me, please. :no:

The electronic and sound equipment probably just was for recording and playback so everyone would be on the same key and beat and then the individual performances were cut together. Next time they need to hire a continuity checker.

Man, don't be so technical! They recorded each session individually, then meshed it all together. Damn good stuff! That was awesome. Just proves no matter where we're from, or what language we speak, we are all the same. :)

OvS

Great vid Parky :good:

Thanks for sharing

Brought back memories of the street performers in New Orleans

...and you had me thinking it was going to be some zany Python stunt

Wasn't trying to throw cold water on it, OvS. In fact I said it was cool. I was responding to the misperceptions of Rooster "Thats awesome that all those guys from around the world can play together while still being in thier home towns." and TSmoke, "Pretty cool actually, try doing that 20 years ago, seems even the internet can get it right once in a blue moon.". And don't feel bad about not catching that, guys. I made the same mistake the first time. It wasn't until I showed it to my wife that I noticed the discrepancy. It's not a wonder of the modern internet. It's simple film editing that's been done since before the birds we pretend to fly ever really took to the air.

Wonderful... :hi:

fabulous vid, parky , thanks.

I've got to check playingforchange.com out!

Parky, that was the coolest video I've seen in a long time. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm going to contact playingforchange.com and perhaps you'll see me in one of their vids.

CJ

Yeah, great viedo, CJ - so what do you play?

CW

we are all the same. :)

OvS

I'm not :biggrin: