Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

Ah, you've got to love the internet....NOT

I taught a Sunday school class entitled "Agreeing to disagree". Not too hard to figure out that the subject was not all about disagreements, because they happen all the time, but about how to handle disagreements from a Christian standpoint. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and those in disagreement with them are not their enemy. Each deserves the respect of being heard. The Brits have it right in their political world when they address the minority party as the "loyal opposition" which implies that disagreement is there, but that has nothing to do with the opposition's loyalty. The middle east and other areas are ripe with examples where the only acceptable solution to disagreements is somebody has to die. Being banged on the internet is way too often taken way too personally and not often enough with a good sense of humor. Immaturiity plays a part, and immaturity has nothing to do with age, but at the end of the day, it is all about how you handle it. I like the high road tactic and giving respect for an opposing position. Keeps my blood pressure down where it is supposed to be and leaves those brewing for a fight nothing to hang onto and to drift off back into their tormented world.

That is 10000% on point good sir.

Hmmm..........under atacking.......some IP aimed me....

You guys got hit too? Damn... :dntknw:

I taught a Sunday school class entitled "Agreeing to disagree". Not too hard to figure out that the subject was not all about disagreements, because they happen all the time, but about how to handle disagreements from a Christian standpoint. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and those in disagreement with them are not their enemy. Each deserves the respect of being heard. The Brits have it right in their political world when they address the minority party as the "loyal opposition" which implies that disagreement is there, but that has nothing to do with the opposition's loyalty. The middle east and other areas are ripe with examples where the only acceptable solution to disagreements is somebody has to die. Being banged on the internet is way too often taken way too personally and not often enough with a good sense of humor. Immaturiity plays a part, and immaturity has nothing to do with age, but at the end of the day, it is all about how you handle it. I like the high road tactic and giving respect for an opposing position. Keeps my blood pressure down where it is supposed to be and leaves those brewing for a fight nothing to hang onto and to drift off back into their tormented world.

Mr Jug, breath of fresh air as always especially from someone who was working during the "red scare". Rather sad and pathetic that there are so many idiots who are deluded enough to think that speaking out against ones own country is unpatriotic. I served my country and am in the process of reup to be doing so again but will continue to speak out against the government and its policies if they act like tards.

I have a bad reputation with forum sites. I usually make a comment that some grand-high pooh-bah doesn't agree with and I find myslef no longer a member shorty thereafter.

You too, eh? I've been banned from one specific forum, won't mention the name, so many times that I have lost count. That's OK though as I still have an account there. ;)

Oh man that is very frustrating to hear, Viggen :rolleyes: I've had that

happen to me a time or two, especially on our special favorite - YouTube.

It is hard not to reply to someone with a mentality like that. If I think

about it long enough, it just irks me to no end.

I can't exactly remember the YouTube site, but there was some know-it-all

who maintained that Mt. Everest was a volcano. Being a geology nut-case

that I am, I very politely corrected him and boy did I ever get the fiercest

and most disrespectful rebuke! Good grief almighty, LOL! The guy accused

me of copying and pasting my info straight out of wikipedia. How funny.

I showed a lot of restraint when I sent him my reply even though I should

have let him have it. Yes Youtube can be a fun place if you don't read the

comments or just turn them all off altogether. Yep I've stopped posting

on many a forum because of events like that. It's so ironic that no matter

how much you might personally know about a subject, there is ALWAYS some

lame-ass who thinks they're smarter :angry:

Hey don't worry about that guy Viggy. We all love ya brother. We know that you

are always gonna be the better man!

God Bless :salute:

Youtube... talk about your million monkeys at a million keyboards. I've learned a long time ago to not even read youtube comments.  :no:

I just can't keep away from YouTube comments. Sometimes I am more drawn to them than the videos. I am amused by stupidity I guess.

I just can't keep away from YouTube comments. Sometimes I am more drawn to them than the videos. I am amused by stupidity I guess.

Yes, it can be hard to look away. Like a car crash.