Sign in to follow this  
KnightWolf45

Prop-Head Modding and 3d Discussion

matt: you're 100% accuratly describing the FM failings of these early aircraft, when used in an 08 level install. What I've been going on about for -how long now?? :dntknw::haha:

I agree with the Corsair ... it never seemed fast enough. And AD REALLY did a great job on the Zekes.

as to skins, have you found the butt-loads of one's I've done??? And the couple of Hundred mods for differeing variants, expically for Wolfs' birds. Mind you, some of the skins ARE a bit on the lo-detailed side (of course the template for the Fw-190s weighs in at about 48 megs!!! The 109 is right behind it at about 30 - and there are 2 disticnt templates for Wolfs 109s; p-51b/c is 45, and the D a measly 30 :rolleyes: )

Just look in the downloads section ... you'll find 'em! :biggrin: Of course, the DAT reskins are at my site. And all the others as well

wrench

kevin stein

EDIT:

try this update pak for I-16:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5449

This is all in my 06 patched WW2 install. I think they were made pre-'06 and they having trouble with that. I've tried props in '08. It's....interesting. But this is different.

The good old "Rata" - I remember it well from Il-2.

Very maneuverable, well armed, and as deadly for his pilot as for his opponent...

(The pilot's protection is a bad joke - I shot a few of them down just with a few hits of my machineguns, even if the plane looked undamaged it went staight down. The same happened to me flying it - someone shoots at me, and suddenly a red screen - dead pilot...)

I have to admit, when I was flying SF1 in the last weeks, it was always WWII (and testing the E-1 :biggrin:).

The E-1 is a beast. It completely dominates the other aircraft in the late 30's. The skins are pretty awesome too. I love the splinter scheme. The only problem the E-1 has is its armament. 4 LMGs don't cut it against Hurris, Spit, and P-40s. Once you fly a few frustrating missions where it takes several passes to down someone you can see why they had to up the firepower. Still great bird, and the mod is well done. In fact all of the recent 109s are great.

Speaking of the I-16 I just flew a mission with it and was able to down 2 109s. Not my favorite plane by any stretch but if you know what you are doing it can be deadly. Especially against a complacent enemy.

Edited by zmatt

The E-1 is a beast. It completely dominates the other aircraft in the late 30's. The skins are pretty awesome too. I love the splinter scheme. The only problem the E-1 has is its armament. 4 LMGs don't cut it against Hurris, Spit, and P-40s. Once you fly a few frustrating missions where it takes several passes to down someone you can see why they had to up the firepower. Still great bird, and the mod is well done. In fact all of the recent 109s are great.

Speaking of the I-16 I just flew a mission with it and was able to down 2 109s. Not my favorite plane by any stretch but if you know what you are doing it can be deadly. Especially against a complacent enemy.

Well, Cocas' Poland thread made me do the E-1 out of Russo's E-4 - and it is intended to be used in a Poland and France scenario, where (especially in Poland) you don't have so many well armed opponents...

(That's the reason all the skins are for the Poland campaign - but if you have material about squadrons with E-1 I haven't already made - or you want to build your own skin - there are templates in the E-1 folder. It is just one file, but it contains the all-green and the splinter scheme!)

Guest a10boar

a10boar im not sure but i might start the 500 defender this week i hope since the lady and frist 109 are almost done just need to finish cutting and start mapping and animations unless somelse could do that for me

Cocas,do not worry about a fast delivery on the MD-500D. And when you get done with,find someone to build templates or yourself and I will do couple skins for it too.If that is alright with you. Please do not rush it on my account.

zmatt i use paint.net for skinnig i in my opinion and very personal paint.net his best for skinnig and photoshop but thats mi opinion ok

SBD his wolfs pack right? if so it not a priorit has long has wolfs pack his here on CA the F8F his from Geo´s his also the F7F tiger

for FM problems sorry i dont know how change aircraft handling

for the bomber issue i LOVE mud moving so bombers here on the mod list also

i real dont know wned im going to start MD-500D this month for sure :rofl:

i start doing the 109 after seing wilshes tread about the air war or poland we was the real catalizer of all this.

be we should change the name of this tread to prohead and helo modding chat and ask for it to be stickied :rofl:

well of to 3d max

Cool, I have paint.net. I think there is some site, someone's paint shop or something that has tutorials on skinning although they aren't Thirdwire specific. At the same time I don't think it matters. Skinning in one game is like skinning in the others right?

Simmers Paintshop ruuulllz!!!!

Not just for the priceless tutorials, but the FS color keys, templates for various and sundry stuff (like the IJN numbers I used on the zekes,vals and kate) and just a WEALTH of knowledge!

I"ll get this moved and stickied, Daniel

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Kevin for doing this now we need to keep this tread a live

btw meet the lady that im working on

gallery_16212_311_40723.jpg

still need work but im having trouble on find good images to use has reference

Edited by cocas

Nice D4Y2!

Thanks zmatt glad you like this ruff bird tomorow i will out all day so im not going to able to do much work so i can only post updated pics they day after tomorow at night time gmt! but im not sure on that like say its going t obe a hell of a week.

I may have a book on judy around here someplace....I'll look and let you know (I mean, with over 90 gigs of books on pdf...and most about ww2 ....)

wrench

kevin stein

Hey wrench, did any of the Emil 109s ever have a cannon mounted in the propeller shaft? I seem to remember them having that but I may be wrong.

No, Emils had either 4xmg17(E1 and E3) or 2xmg17+2xmgFF(20mm)(E4 and E7)

The E-0 had (experimental), but it didn't work...

E-3 had already cannons in the wings, some E-1 were modified to that standard, too.

don't think so, since they had the 2 wing guns. Not until the Fritz, maybe???

here's the best I could find in my books for the R sereies gun pods. The first pic is from th AeroDetial on the 109G, the second from SSPs Fw-190 in action. Obvioulsy, 2 different R series (RLM numbering systems don't make sense to me!)

The barrel on the R6 Mg151 for the 109 appears, when 'measured' against the cockpit or exhaust stack, "about' 1 meter in lentgh, if that helps.

as to the Judy book, its Famous Airplanes of the World, and I hope you can read japanese!!! I'll get it uploaded tonight sometime, and post a link

wrench

kevin stein

In fact the E-3 had 2 mg-17 and 2 mgff, but some early E-3 had a third 20mm in the nose. Most of them were retrofitted with the nose cannon deleted. The gun vibration was the problem.

Yes E3 had wing cannons mgFF, my mistake. I'm more into F-K period after nearly complete re-design...

well i dont read japanese but watt i need are pics the his most helpful

thanks for the gunpod imgs they will help a lot i dint know that they were that many gunpod type for german A/C

thanks for all the help guys

That is the typal way for Germany in WWII - mare variants and sub-variants than you can count...

btw: "Finalized Rüstsätzen" makes me want to cry... (If you have to use the german word, use "Rüstsätze" - without the "n" at the end!)

OK guys, I'm looking into skinning tutorials now. Hopefully I can be of some use.

OK guys I have a bit of a problem. I was able to get an old copy of CS2 form a buddy of mine that he used in some classes. It installs and works fine, but the first tutorial on simmers paintshop has me install a plugin called macwhite. When I drop it in the filters folder where it goes Photoshop gives a missing .dll error and all of my filters disappear. When I delete the file they are still gone. Does anyone know why?

Guys thanks for giving me the Modder status thanks a lot.

i just got home on from mi check-up will now mmore on this on 29th of this month

by tomorow afternoon i will able on full speed again on my projects

thanks for all your suport so far.