post-35204-1245416688_thumb.jpg

see the red decal bleeding thru? the black is from the other side - decal max lod=1.

tried deleting around decal borders but no good? :sorry: huh?

It has to do wth the way the model was exported, and can only be fixed in max.

Weird because Ive used the same base template for these decals too-and the same thing happened ,hmm

post-35204-1245418364_thumb.jpg

is there anything else I can try? :blink:

No there isnt, the model needs to be exported without decals options. But that will make it take a hit on frame rates. So its a trade off.

@Beast: I would recommend to paint the crosses on the skin - that way you can weather them a little bit (looks better). And maybe even save decals (good for framerate)...

Have you tried band-aids.

On my 109 E ( you show in pic)...I had chevron and cross decals and no bleed...I think you need look at the tga`s...

On my 109 E ( you show in pic)...I had chevron and cross decals and no bleed...I think you need look at the tga`s...
Good point Russ, Also make sure your decals have at least a 5 pixels space around the outside of the decal to the outside of the TGA. If not they can bleed that way too.

Like the guys said above, it's caused by the lod itself. To be exact, it's caused by an open mesh in the polygons that create the lod, and usually occurs at the mating surfaces (think of a plastic model, where you glue the fues half together, and don't use Green Stuff ™ to fill in the gaps before painting -- boy does THAT take me back!)

That russo's emil??? Maybe we can 'convice him - with at nice dram or 2 - to give it a look at in MAX? :wink:

But easiest way, as stated in the PropHead forum, is to simply paint the national markings on. There should be enough 'slots' on the fues mesh (4 decals max) for the Stab markings/numbers/ squadron badge

wrench

kevin stein

Yeah, these bleeding decals always give you bleeding problems with the bleeding planes!! GRRRR!!!! :mad: