Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

My Latest creation... a DR1

well, here is my latest skin.

I was just playing around with Diamonds, and this is the fruit of my weirdness!...It's different...but hopefully still maintains a touch of realistic.

It's an effect I look forward to trying on different Aircraft, with other colours.

Hope you enjoy it...and my next project is an American Camel

I shall upload now :good:

post-22245-1246540983_thumb.jpg

post-22245-1246541015_thumb.jpg

well, here is my latest skin.

I was just playing around with Diamonds, and this is the fruit of my weirdness!...It's different...but hopefully still maintains a touch of realistic.

It's an effect I look forward to trying on different Aircraft, with other colours.

Hope you enjoy it...and my next project is an American Camel

I shall upload now :good:

WOW! I like that one. That's cool looking! Like a Court Jester!

Allow me to second Otto's thumbs up. I approve as well!

Man I wish I could skin like that. I remember some of the abominations I made in RBII - I would never dared post them on a forum! lol!

Thank you :blush2:

Hmmmm....hate to be the grumpy olde fart, here, but to my eye, the dark blue and maroon squares don't read too well. In grey scale, they'd blur together. I like the basic concept, but what about making one color much lighter, and the squares bigger overall so they'll read at a distance?

Hmmmm....hate to be the grumpy olde fart, here, but to my eye, the dark blue and maroon squares don't read too well. In grey scale, they'd blur together. I like the basic concept, but what about making one color much lighter, and the squares bigger overall so they'll read at a distance?

Hi Hauksbee,

Yes, very valid points.

The diamonds I originally did were quite large (possibly twice the size) and were black and white.

This is something I plan to do on a DVII...The trouble was, on the DR1, with it's stumpy little Fuselage, it just didn't cut it...it looked a bit like a pedestrian crossing.

The DVII will, I think...Show that off nicely... The Diamonds on the wings are about the size I am looking at for the DVII.

I find it very useful, when chaps like yourself tell me their opinions, as it helps me grow as a skinner.... thanks m8 :good:

I'ld like to see a pic from above to get the full effect of the wing.

Beautiful Widowmaker! You are truly skilled.

There you go, thanks. I find it reminds me of camo patterns used for some of the Austrian crates. A different look but an overall style that was actually used. I am glad you are still having fun with skinning. You continue to inspire.

Once again, excellent work Widowmaker. I think those diamonds look great on that Dr. I. All the talk about the stuffy old Prussians has no basis in reality, just compare those colours to the dog's vomit the Entente uses to paint their crates. :biggrin:

I really like this one! Great job. Will you make this available for us to download? I may be able to keep track of my wingies now if they're dressed like this! :ok:

Aw that's a piece of art! Reminds me of Cecil Lewis's Se5a skin which he used at home Defence.

Great Job Wi(n)dowmaker! :biggrin:

I really like it WidowM good job - wings look great from above.

I really like this one! Great job. Will you make this available for us to download? I may be able to keep track of my wingies now if they're dressed like this! :ok:

It's available to download now :good:

Thank you everyone for your comments...It's very encouraging!...As long as you guys like my skins...I shall continue to make them, and with all the great help and advice I get from the 'Masters' of skinning on the forum, I shall continue to get better I hope!

Watch this space :good: