I flew in one as a passenger in 1994 (Maybe Airlines)......

DAMN that was a nasty bird. It gave a new meaning to STOL

take off and landing and it was rattling like a bucket of bolts.

I really liked the place where they put the little boys room!

Muesli

Once its released FM can be tweeked,,also as said Skin is temp would like a Skin guru to step in

Ok.

Of course, when the model will be ready, FM can be updated ...

Ok.

Of course, when the model will be ready, FM can be updated ...

2 Weeks :biggrin:

Just a friendly (if there is such a thing in the modding world ?) BUMP :biggrin:

uploaded

Thanks Ed :ok:

Let's see who makes the first skin for this beast.

post-30257-1248547687_thumb.jpg

Guest rscsjsuso5

good work veltro2k

just to give u some surprise whats in that cargo bay two items and look im off to have a fictional plaaf and russian af air force exercise here i go :biggrin: .

enjoy your weekend.

post-46688-1248563074_thumb.jpg

post-46688-1248563123_thumb.jpg

Thank you veltro thats amazing bird ,im enjoy very much with it.

A best regards.

Very nice, we can certainly use both the Candid and the Mainstay.

I like it!

Happy to see the Candid in the game. Now a white UN livery and I am down memory

lane again. Ahhhhhhhh, the flight I had with Maybe Airlines in Sarajevo in 1994.....

unforgettable!

Maybe Airlines.... there was a story back then...... still laugh about it:

STORY FROM A JOURNALIST (David Hands):

Sarajevo december 1993

"Maybe Airlines"

Maybe Airlines was the official airline flying to and from Sarajevo during the war. It was a joint operation run by

Norwegians and flights where British, Canadian, US, Norwegian and German. The typical plane used to transport cameramen

was the four-engine Hercules. As you can imagine, with a name like Maybe Airlines, and a joint UN operation there are many stories to tell.

Why call it Maybe Airlines? Well, this was a typical conversation you had with the "check-in" counter:

You: "Is there a plane going to Split today?"

Maybe Airlines: "Maybe"

You: "Is it taking journalists?"

You: "Are there seats on this plane?"

You: "Is it going to be on time?"

You: "Can I take all my equipment on board?"

You: "Are we going to be shot down?"

Maybe Airlines: "No"

You: "No? What do you mean by NO? You are supposed to say Maybe."

Maybe Airlines: "We never say maybe on that question because you may be shot down and we don't want to scare you off. Have a pleasant flight!"

You: "Maybe"

You are boarding the airplane. You find your seat, sit down and get comfortable.

The air steward stands in the isle and makes his announcement.

"Welcome onboard Maybe Airlines flight to Sarajevo. Please listen carefully to the following safety instructions.

This is a non smoking flight. Please refrain from smoking in the toilet and near the ammunition. Make sure your seat belt is fastened at all times.

Please put on the life vest over your bulletproof jacket. Please wear this parachute over your bulletproof jacket. Some of you may have never used

a parachute before but do not worry about it. When we say jump, jump. Thank you for flying Maybe Airlines, have a pleasant flight" (fright?) Maybe!

Our exit from Sarajevo was without too many events. We heard a noise as we where taking off, probably a bullet, but since we were still flying I assumed we were doing all right.

Almost an hour later and we were still airborne and getting close to Split Airport in Croatia. We started to descend and then surprisingly we started to ascend again.

We overshot the runway and started to turn around. A crewmember ran to the back of the plane. He started to hit something with great passion,

I could not see what. He stopped and ran back to the cockpit. The plane then started going from left to right, jerking violently. The crewmember ran back once more.

The whole process was repeated and then we started to descend again. I held on to anything that looked solid and waited. We landed and to my surprise it was a nice

smooth landing. As I was getting off the plane I saw the crew member who was running up and down a few minutes ago and I asked him if everything was OK.

"Yeah, sure mate" he replied with a grin on his face "We just couldn't get the landing gear down. Will you be flying with us soon?"

"Maybe yes, maybe no"

Edited by muesli

Now that is FOR CERTAIN a good story, that should maybe in an aviation story book... :rolleyes:

Hou doe,

Derk :wink:

does the Russain AF do somekind of "LAPES" mission I cant seem to find anything on the net.

Mainstay uploaded

Tanker will be uploaded sunday or monday

Sounds good Ed :rockon:

Edited by pureblue

Nice Tanker Veltro. luv it. Any chance on a theatre jamming or ecm plane whether fictional or not as well as Command and Control? I have always loved this plane. If feasible. thx again.

Nice Tanker Veltro. luv it. Any chance on a theatre jamming or ecm plane whether fictional or not as well as Command and Control? I have always loved this plane. If feasible. thx again.

Couldn't you just modify the A-50 for those roles? :blink:

tanker version uploaded

Guest rscsjsuso5

thank you veltro2k it feels like christmas waiting for the present to be uploaded for the general public. i'm chinese just want to say thanks in my native language - xie-xie thanks.

version with no windows on nose will not be released as seperate aircraft will just be released as Lods to replace ones in folder