Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

To my American Friends

...after that war, it seems the nations with a similar attitude have decided to rather co-exist on

a peaceful level.

Winston Churchill, [that emminently quotable man] once said that "Americans can usually be counted upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all the other possibilities." Seem very true as we emerge from the Bush years.

Edited by Hauksbee

Winston Churchill, [that emminently quotable man] once said that "Americans can usually be counted upon to do the right thing, but only after exhausting all the other possibilities." Seem very true as we emerge from the Bush years.

Must say I was very tempted to reply to this

But nothing good would come of it

We all have our politcal views, you guys are getting your shot it now ...good luck M8

Suggest we keep this to flight simming and jovial topics

Happy Independance Day!

P.S. that one was for you Shred!

Good Call Duce!!! :victory:

shredward

Good Call Duce!!! :victory:

shredward

I second that. Bit me tongue. Made the right call.

I don't much feel like celebrating, with the current occupant of the White House. But I shall to honor the memory of those who made the ultimate sacrifice, for this country

That's just how I felt a year ago :biggrin:

Happy 4th of July, everyone

Must say I was very tempted to reply to this...

Sorry, guys. Won't go there again.

Yes, let's better leave politics out of here. That's a topic, that dead certain will divide the

best forum into war camps - and nobody here could seriously want that to happen.

Thanks Gentlemen it has been a Great 4th here in the middle of the USA.

Hah.

Where were all you well-wishers a few days earlier on Canada Day? :wink:

Never mind. I had a case of beer, eh?

Hah.

Where were all you well-wishers a few days earlier on Canada Day? :wink:

Never mind. I had a case of beer, eh?

Very true!.... It will be small consolation to you Canadians, but I have seen many great countries in my time (never been to the USA however...yet)... And Canada is way and above, the most fantastic place I have ever seen!

I spent a glorious fortnight there, and can only say that, if I had to live anywhere else in the world...Canada is so far ahead of the competition, as to be a true 'One Horse Race!!! :rockon:

I love Canada... :clapping: and I love the Canadian people!!! :biggrin: :yes: :good:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Very true!.... It will be small consolation to you Canadians, but I have seen many great countries in my time (never been to the USA however...yet)... And Canada is way and above, the most fantastic place I have ever seen!

I spent a glorious fortnight there, and can only say that, if I had to live anywhere else in the world...Canada is so far ahead of the competition, as to be a true 'One Horse Race!!! :rockon:

I love Canada... :clapping: and I love the Canadian people!!! :biggrin: :yes: :good:

I second that, Widowmaker.

Happy belated Canada Day from your neighbors to the South1

Of course not!.... It's nice when 'gifted amatuers' do so well! :biggrin:

Hey... who's fault was it to show up in RED and stand straight lines across open fields?!?! :rofl:

Just kidding... all the best, and thanks... thanks to my wife's cousin, I was totally ossified last night while we stood on the top of their Grandmother's 3 story row house in Brooklyn watching the fireworks over Manhattan... curse that SOB!!! I'm totally hung-over!!!

OvS

Where were all you well-wishers a few days earlier on Canada Day?

Good point. Happy Canada Day!

Oh, well then, indeed. HAPPY BELATED CANADA DAY, EH!

Cheers!

Lou

There is a saying: if you can't beat them - join them! (If they let you...) Doesn't always work.

But yes, the influence of America on Germany is clearly visible.

My personal favourite: "Dr. House" - a series I MUST see every week. And, hey! - there's even an

Englishman in there! If that's not a good sign?

And, if you'll note, Dr. House was our own loveable Lt. George from The Black Adder in WWI.

Oh yes, Widowmaker and others had already mentioned that tons of posts ago.

Not to forget "Wooster and Jeeves" (or similar?)

Yeah, I like Hugh Laurie - he's getting better and better, I'd say.

Here's "Blackadder - the final scene" (not without making us think I suppose...):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3V698JzqC0...feature=related

And of course Widowmaker's favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML1139cijVU...feature=related

Edited by Olham

... And Canada is way and above, the most fantastic place I have ever seen!

I believe that Toronto, Canada and Aukland, New Zealand are consistently rated the 2 best cities worldwide

Never been to either one, but Montreal was fantastic ...albeit but only for a day

Happy Canada Day!

Canada, my beautiful neighbor to the north, God Bless You and your wonderful people.

I believe that Toronto, Canada and Aukland, New Zealand are consistently rated the 2 best cities worldwide

Never been to either one, but Montreal was fantastic ...albeit but only for a day

Happy Canada Day!

Thanks Duce - but... Toronto? Dunno what they were thinking. I'd put Montreal well ahead of Toronto, and Vancouver in front of both...

CW

It was somes organization that rated climate, crime rate, taxes, etc. to try and gauge maximum enjoyment level

Never been there but most off what I've seen of Canada was beautiful

Happy Independence Day from me too. I know from personal experience how valuable independence is to a nation. Many people just don't seem to realize it and take all the good things for granted.

I completely agree. Although the sound of actual artillery is totally different, as Ive heard artillry pieces being used, but never in anger, and Im sure it has a whole new sound in combat. This year I was lucky enough to be able to see the fireworks from my back porch, and every now and then I try to imagine the flashes and sounds as a battle going on, just over the hill, and what it wouldve been like to live through the realities of battle. Somehow, Im sure my imagination fails me, and thats what the 4th meens to me, remembering the men who made this possible, thanks guys. And happy independence day to all free peoples, whatever day yours falls on.