Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Missing In Action

I'm just wondering, who's name I haven't seen here for a long time (but my memory for names

is like an archive after an exploding handgranade - so feel free to add those you are missing).

Bullethead, Beany, tttiger, Capt.Winters (so far)

Edited by Olham

I'm just wondering, who's name I haven't seen here for a long time (but my memory for names

is like an archive after an exploding handgranade - so feel free to add those you are missing).

Playing ROF I would guess?

WM

I think I upset one of them :angel:

tttiger had some political argument with some of the forumpeople here, and it went pretty bad and insulting as far as i remember.

bullethead? i don't know. miss his competent posts. he was always a two-seater guy with a great sense for realism and immersion, so i can't imagine he is playing a buggie, rof with 2 or 3 aircraft. but who knows?

tttiger had some political argument with some of the forumpeople here, and it went pretty bad and insulting as far as i remember.

I think I upset one of them :angel:

Well, I understand, I think. Thought we where all grown up, to overcome such a mood after a while?

But Bullethead has definitely not changed to RoF - I'm sure.

I gathered from his posts that Bullethead is a military man and may be busy doing the real military thing.

Edited by Cameljockey

Thought we where all grown up, to overcome such a mood after a while?

Which we are, to varying degrees...and rational, to varying degrees. This a most dificult form of discourse; when you can't see another person's expression, or hear the tone of voice. Much meaning, and intent, can get lost.

It appears, that it is just NOT a good idea to talk about politics in a forum like ours.

Politiks is a field, where people definitely differ a lot, and it is a lot about opinions.

I have sworn myself, never to react to any political debate anymore.

I made that experience myself some time ago - in the end, the whole thread had to get closed (back at Sim Outhouse).

Yes, to PM them is a good idea, Unc, will try that.

It appears, that it is just NOT a good idea to talk about politics in a forum like ours.

Politiks is a field, where people definitely differ a lot, and it is a lot about opinions.

I have sworn myself, never to react to any political debate anymore.

I made that experience myself some time ago - in the end, the whole thread had to get closed (back at Sim Outhouse).

Yes, to PM them is a good idea, Unc, will try that.

Wise move!..It is definately the way I have gone now..Politics and Religion...absolute NoNo's

Wise move!..It is definately the way I have gone now..Politics and Religion...absolute NoNo's

I do think we as a group have recently come to a better regard for taboo subjects. I for one am generally proud of our behaviour in this forum. We are human though and need a little forgiveness from time to time. I have visited some other forums and have seen how truely negative things can turn. It is hard for any forum to meet the needs of all members and sometimes it helps to discriminate (ignore) posts by those whom you generally have an issue with. All flyers in OFF and any WWI enthusiats are valued here I find and I do hope that anyone that feels alienated will at least from time to time chime in, say hello or whatnot or whathaveyou. You're all Aces in my book, and I do have a book.

I gathered from his posts that Bullethead is a military man and may be busy doing the real military thing.

He may be busy in the Jutland/Distant Guns forums. From what I gather he works for SES...

My parrot swallowed my watch... now Polly ticks. See, harmless. :biggrin:

[EDIT] Hmmm, or maybe even more offensive. It's such a BAD joke [/EDIT]

Edited by Dej

In order to keep the forum up, it's 100% smarter to not post anything that will bring it down. :good:

as far as pd goes, he had been super busy with the boys of 60 il2 based and some other personnel issues,

capt winters working very weird shifts basically he is in one country for liek 30 days then back home for about 10,

IMO, this is a pretty civil forum. UncleAL likes to drop his anti-Obama bombs occasionally, but he's just "calling it as he sees it." I don't think he's trying to rile anyone up or provoke a fight. I don't take any offense to it.

I think you have to be pretty thin skinned to get too upset about what another anonymous poster says on an internet board. My philosophy is, stay away from RPG's. Not role playing games or rocket propelled grenades (although I make it a general policy to stay away from them, too), but Religion, Politics, and Guns. Stay away from those three topics, and you can be almost anyone's friend!

Okay, back to topic:

I have PMed Bullet and Beanie. Beanie just replied, that he has lots of work recently, plus he is working on

some Fokker DVII skins, which he wants to upload soon. (Hope I was alowed to tell?)

Nothing from Bullet so far.

Hi guys

Thank you for your concern - no I hav'nt gone over to the dark side and do not intend to do so in the future.

I am currently spending a lot of time working. I am currnetly having to spend at least 3 - 5 days a week away from home.

I try to visit the forum when I get a free moment (I wish!)

Best Regards

Beanie

Hey, Beanie - I see you down there! Live!

"Economicly it's rather hard times in the USA with Obama at the helm. And it could be a choice between feeding your children, or paying that ISP"

Al, please respect the unwritten rule regarding political views as stated above - RPG - pretty good rules it seems to me. I know that my politics would be utterly abhorrent and unacceptable to some posters on CA, so I never, ever mention them.

That was UncleAl - doesn't even stop when inbetween enemy fighter's fire and Archie... :hi:

Edited by Olham

Hey, this is so nice to see down below:

Olham, spitfire4me, Winder, Siggi, themightysrc, Hermani, uncleal, Hellshade, Test Pilot, Polovski, scoutII, Beanie, Snoopy syndrome, djm, stumpjumper, Herr Prop-Wasche, Panama Red, Smokey, Hector, Dej, mikeymead, Cameljockey, steve58, OlPaint01, Gremlin_WoH

Edited by Olham

Hi Olham,

Wie gehts?

Yep, now that's a nice roll call of experts, friends and visitors - not to mention the lurkers to whom I'd extend a big hello.

Hey, Mighty! Is the north of England so cold, that you call it 'frozen'?

Now I got another PM - Bullethead is alive and well, but has piles of work to do for the final states of a project.

We'll hear from him in three weeks or so.

Hey, Rooster - see you down there. Also long time ago, that I saw you.

Hope you're well.