EricJ

Super Hornet Package for SF2 v4.1

You mean  the modex numbers?

EDIT: I checked the files and they're all there. There are no decals other than the modex number (1xx, 2xx, etc.), so after checking it checks out.

Edited by EricJ

I have checked, those numbers of the vf-2 are missing

Captura de pantalla 2023-04-17 230258.png

I don't understand, there should be more folders in there than that. And as a test I checked the download, and all the files are there, so I think you deleted the folders by accident. The VFA-2 (Late) skin is in the FA-18F_BlkII folder. The decals are in the FA-18F folder, which is missing. Did you delete them by accident?

Edited by EricJ

Also tweaked the ALQ-99G Jammers to work in-line with the EA-6B Superpack. I figure that HomeFries and Co. did some good research on the jammers and figured that I can use that. What I did was make the jammers more powerful and tweaked the maximum frequency for the -L jammer pod as well. It will be in the next update but decided to upload them here now:

Edited by EricJ

In going through the EA-6B Superpack I noted some progression in the power of the ALQ-99s that they modeled. So I added more power to the ALQ-99s that the Growlers use, and also the podded ones too (Low and High-band): Against Farid's SA-10 burn-through is about 15 miles or so. That's a bit better and probably realistic (I don't know how effective the real world one is of course, just taking the hint that they upgraded the pods over the years, and I'm sure it's pretty good so far). Replace the jammers and overwrite and you'll be good to go. It will be in a next update, but that won't be for some time.

ALQ99.7z

Also tweaked the ECM in the Block II birds (E/F) and EA-18Gs (RAAF included). Until it gets updated here are the new values:

[ECM]
ReferenceName=AN/ALQ-214v5
SystemType=ECM_JAMMER
JammerType=DUAL_MODE
JammerStrength=118.8
MinFreq=2.0
MaxFreq=20.0
CanJamCW=TRUE
MinExtentPosition=-0.404,-2.859,0.608
MaxExtentPosition=0.404,-0.824,1.018

Simply copy and paste, and go fly. It will be included in a new update sometime.

For the Growlers put this:

ReferenceName=AN/ALQ-214v5
SystemType=ECM_JAMMER
JammerType=NOISE_JAMMER
JammerStrength=118.8
MinFreq=2.0
MaxFreq=20.0
CanJamCW=TRUE

Updated Growler ECM, simply open your EA-18G_Data.ini and replace it with this. This should be a final edit until the miracle happens that ECM pods work (don't ask me when as I don't know either):

[ECM]
ReferenceName=ALQ-99
SystemType=ECM_JAMMER
JammerType=NOISE_JAMMER
JammerStrength=150.0
MinFreq=2.0
MaxFreq=20.0
CanJamCW=TRUE

The next update will have this data. I don't know when I'll upload but figured players could use the better ECM.

• Thanks 1

Here are some updated decals for the EA-18G and the new skins that I've been putting out that have the new decal system installed. Simply overwrite the current ones and go fly. I can't update the decals.ini one by one but it now goes from 500 to 505 for the new textures.

Objects.7z

One of the improvements I'm seeking with the next update is the centerline tank being  skinnable separate from the tanks. At present it's only one  texture for the tanks and after some soul-searching I came to the decision to ask FastCargo to make a separate texture for the center tank. This will give skinners more flexibility in doing skins and unfortunately something that I obviously didn't think of due to lack of knowledge of USN schemes and the like. Well I managed to start the process with this 7z file having the extra tank skin already done. Thankfully there isn't much variation so here you go, all of the EA-18G skins that I have done so far. I may go back and re-upload skins (haven't been too motivated given all the work I've done) or just keep this handy for you all to use when you do download a skin. But here are the extra files for the center tank. It's just making sure you have it. Future skins after this post will  have the center tank skin handy so no worries as I'll have them covered. Thus here are all  of the  EA-18G ones, pick and choose and hopefully the next update will have this feature.

EA-18GSkins.7z

Here are the F/A-18F Block II skin tanks. Again it will be some time before it'll be live, but I figured since nothing was happening I might as well knock it out. More than  likely I won't re-upload the skins, and have to deal with people having issues to point to this post.

FA-18F_BlkIISkins.7z

• Like 1

You need to edit the options.ini for your install mod folder, or the game will default to the start year. As for bombs and stuff you need to download a weapons pack from the Downloads section, as there should be no issue with loading bombs and rockets shouldn't work as by default they're not setup due to the angled pylons. You need to edit this:

[SingleMission]
AircraftType=F-4E_75
Service=USAF
MissionMap=DESERT
MissionType=SWEEP
MissionTime=RANDOM
MissionWeather=RANDOM
AirActivity=RANDOM
AirDefenseActivity=RANDOM
FlyAll=FALSE
LoadMission=TRUE
LoadMissionFilename=C:\Users\flank\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\Missions\SoCal Mountain Warfare Trainer.MSN
MissionDate=1975
StartYear=1948
EndYear=2050

EditMission=FALSE

Edited by EricJ

Update for the Growlers for the current USN operations in the Persian Gulf:

[LeftOuterWingStationAHM]
SystemType=WEAPON_STATION
StationID=7
StationGroupID=1
StationType=EXTERNAL
AttachmentPosition=-4.6057,-0.9769,-0.1579